Frankie Gets His Rematch

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Frankie Gets His Rematch
POLL: Does Frankie deserve this rematch?
Yes 48% (10)
No 52% (11)
jakewalters
4/27/12 6:20:37PM
News is coming out that Frankie Edgar is being granted a rematch against Benson Henderson at UFC 150.

The 155 division is so stacked right now, I hate that we're spending a year on each matchup/rematch (2010: Edgar/Penn, 2011: Edgar/Maynard, 2012: Edgar/Bendo).

Pookie
4/27/12 7:16:00PM
I have no problems with it. I just don't like that they're spending a year to do it. Also, if Frankie loses, he's not getting another title shot until Bendo loses. And he could very well clean out the division below him, leaving no contenders for Ben
KungFuMaster
4/27/12 7:39:41PM
I personally felt Henderson won the fight fair and square, and by a significant margin - not a large or small margin but a significant margin.

As far as this next fight goes, both fighters know what to expect from the other and I don't expect it to go the distance. Henderson will probably utilize the same strategy but this time around - expect him to put more pressure on Edgar throughout the fight. Edgar will still dance as usual but he will commit to his shots more and make more stands throughout the fight which will likely result in more do or die moments. This rematch has all the ingredients of fight of the night.
Budgellism
4/27/12 9:06:34PM
Edgar is one of my favourite fighters so it's hard not to want to see him have this rematch but I honestly thought Bendo won that fight and it wasn't as close as Edgar thinks it was. I'll be cheering for him but I do kind of like Henderson as champ right now.
Adrenaline
4/27/12 9:27:16PM
I don't have a problem with the rematch, its not what I would prefer but my only real concern is that Frankie wins a razor close decision and we are stuck in a rematch cycle for another year. So I guess I'm hoping that Bendo destroys him this time so we don't have to hear about instant rematches
Samps
4/28/12 12:27:42AM
I honestly hate rematches. Edgar is just being stubborn for not dropping to FW. Like mentioned above, I'm also tired of 1 year long rivalries. You can literally throw any top 10 LW in there and no one would complain
jakewalters
4/28/12 12:31:56AM
So was Pettis offered a shot? I heard him compared to Hioki somewhere.. If he turned down a title shot, I'm perplexed. Wasn't he just asking for it?
prozacnation1978
4/28/12 12:06:16PM
I am still debating whether to go
I like title fights but the rematch is not that appealing to me.
FastKnockout
4/28/12 12:28:01PM
He deserves the rematch. No doubt in my mind.

He fought Penn. It was close. Rematch was made. Frankie didn't complain. Won rematch.

He fought Maynard. It was close. Rematch was made. Frankie didn't complain. Won rematch.

He fought Henderson. It was close. Rematch was made.

KingCmb
4/28/12 3:41:13PM

Posted by FastKnockout

He fought Penn. It was close. Rematch was made. Frankie didn't complain. Won rematch.

He fought Maynard. It was close. Rematch was made. Frankie didn't complain. Won rematch.

wins rematch
Pookie
4/28/12 4:30:52PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I can't complain about reciprocity at all.
gartface
5/1/12 9:28:24AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by FastKnockout

I can't complain about reciprocity at all.

This all day.
hammerhead1
5/1/12 4:39:23PM
Frankie Edgar is similar to Rocky Balboa....Rocky lost to Apollo Creed the first time and beat him the second time...
telnights
5/1/12 8:52:29PM

Posted by FastKnockout

The 2nd fight with Maynard wasn't close it was a draw. So Frankie didn't win so a rematch was needed. I don't think the Henderson fight was as close as some are making out to be. I felt Henderson landed more almost the hole fight. Frankie was unable to do anything in the fight that showed me he could beat Henderson in a rematch. But with that said I don't mind watching them fight again. I just wish there wasn't so much down time.