Posted by sbulldavid
Frankie hasn't fought the more diversified fighters yet, he's just a match-up problem for guys that are trying to knock him out, I think he's the most likely champ to fall in the next year, great run but it ends this coming year.
How would you describe BJ Penn's skill-set? I'm very curious.
Frankie Edgar keeps getting better and better, and people just keep dogging him more and more. I was a big Frankie hater until I saw an interview with him on the MMA Hour. He deserves a lot more respect than he's getting. Gilbert Melendez
- Great match-up. Gil maybe has the best ground and pound in the lightweight division. He's pretty well versed in everything, but I think that Frankie can dictate where this fight goes. If he keeps it on the feet for five rounds, he dominates.Jose Aldo
- Also a great match-up, and maybe the most threatening. I think the thing that separates Edgar from the competition that Aldo's faced is his ability to stick and move. His susceptibility to leg kicks would be far less than that of Urijah Faber. He could take Aldo down if he wanted and wear on him. Benson Henderson
- Bendo definitely arrived against Jim Miller. He's a big, fast, mean lightweight. Only problem with this match-up, is that he loves to do the majority of his work on the ground. Edgar isn't so easy to take down for a number of reasons. If he tries to clinch or close the distance, he's going to eat punches for five rounds.Jim Miller
- Repeat.Clay Guida
- Guida is maybe the only guy I can think that can match Edgar's heart and tenacity in the Octagon(in the lightweight division). He would keep moving forward and looking to shoot, but much like Henderson, he would just eat crisp blows for the majority of the match.Donald Cerrone
- This is very interesting, because I'm not sure, outside of Edgar, that I've seen a lightweight improve this much over the past year or so. Cerrone, since his last loss to Henderson, has looked nothing short of impressive. He's dangerous off his back, has diversified strikes, and has even shown a new found love for taking his opponent down. I can't wait see the Siver fight on Saturday, but as of right now, I'd say Edgar would take it due to his boxing and movement.