Who should Frank Trigg be replaced with...???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who should Frank Trigg be replaced with...???
POLL: Who should take Trigg's spot?
Josh Barnett 16% (3)
Bas 47% (9)
Rampage 21% (4)
TJ De Santis 0% (0)
Master Toddy (from Fight Girls.. :p) 5% (1)
Other 11% (2)
Trapt1nw0nder
8/17/07 11:04:03AM
After Trigg has been fired from commentating...who should take his spot?
LR
8/17/07 11:17:58AM
To be perfectly honest, and this may go against a lot of the community, but what was wrong with Frank Trigg? I mean, he's cocky, etc., but he did tell it like it is. He was a fairly good commentator and had a definite advantage when calling ju-jitsu fights because he's seen a majority fo the locks and holds.
Twenty20Dollars
8/17/07 11:22:13AM
not bas because i hate hearing his voice haha.
DMcCabe11
8/17/07 11:25:52AM
War Mauro!!!!!!!
juanez13
8/17/07 11:38:40AM
i would go with Bas, if not than mauro...he did very good in pride..
pv3Hpv3p
8/17/07 11:42:58AM

Posted by LR

To be perfectly honest, and this may go against a lot of the community, but what was wrong with Frank Trigg? I mean, he's cocky, etc., but he did tell it like it is. He was a fairly good commentator and had a definite advantage when calling ju-jitsu fights because he's seen a majority fo the locks and holds.

The guy just drove me nuts... Everything he saw was, "the most AMAZING example of technique"... It was funny when Mauro called him a metro-sexual though...

that and I don't like how he'd call fighters Mr. Whatever... Like when he called Crazy Horse, Mr. Bennett... I was waiting for Crazy Horse to turn around and be like "Is my daddy in the audience, who's this Mr. Bennett guy?"
postman
8/17/07 12:28:55PM
What are they going to do call fights in a empty stadium? He was going to lose his job anyways Pride is dead it sucks but it seems to be true.
Mastodon2
8/17/07 12:55:37PM
They should get Bas Rutten, Mauro Ranallo and Stephen Quadros in to commentate on UFC events from now on. Those 3 guys are without a doubt the best 3 commentators in the sport, Bas and Mauro in particular are superb. Both very funny, on the ball and full of technical knowledge about MMA.

I am still lol'ing at Mauro Ranallo's remark about Dean Lister after Lister's debut in Pride; "Well, I don't know about "Dean Lister", maybe more like "Dean Listless" after that uneventful match"