Frank Trigg Arrested on Charges of Domestic Violence

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Trigg Arrested on Charges of Domestic Violence
Gogoplatapus
8/9/12 5:35:53PM
mmafighting

Aug 9, 2012 - Former UFC welterweight and one-time MMA commentator Frank Trigg has been arrested on charges of battery domestic violence with strangulation. Prommanow.com was the first to report the news.

Trigg was being detained at the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on a bond of $15,000. However, he has been released with the payment of the bond, MMA Fighting has learned. His court arraignment is scheduled for Friday, August 10th. Trigg's particular charge carries a potential jail sentence 1 to 5 years in Nevada state prison, and a mandatory fine of $15,000.
hymiekooken
8/9/12 5:46:52PM
Wow, really Frank ??? Strangulation ?? Were you seeing a woman when you did this, or did Koschecks ugly mug just pop into your head ? Assuming the accusations against him are true, I hope whoever he assualted is ok.
prophecy033
8/9/12 6:37:41PM
I swear I heard about this awhile back. Anyone else remember hearing something?
FastKnockout
8/9/12 6:41:45PM

Posted by prophecy033

Yup. Thought I did too.
Wallass
8/9/12 7:26:36PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by prophecy033

Yup. Thought I did too.

You guys are both right. Apparently he beat his wife recently after she found out he'd had an affair with someone at ESPN where he got fired from.
machodog76
8/9/12 7:27:59PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by prophecy033

Yup. Thought I did too.

Yep me too, it was about the time he lost his commentating job at HDNET.
BuffaloDave
8/9/12 8:07:37PM
I'm sure his nickname Twinkle Toes will go over real well if he has to go to the big house.
BeeR
8/9/12 8:15:31PM
twinkle toes Trigg will become bleeding ass Trigg.
Svartorm
8/9/12 8:39:45PM
He can easily post the $15,000 due to his expertise in Trigganomics.
prophecy033
8/9/12 9:38:18PM

Posted by BeeR

FlashyG
8/9/12 11:32:13PM
Considering the ease Hughes and GSP had taking his back, he may be in for a painful stay behind bars.
BeeR
8/10/12 12:07:53AM
his exact words after GSP dominated him from behind ...." man...you are so good"
Cooler
8/10/12 12:33:56AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BeeR

I guess rape is a necessary "evil" for those who misbehave
postman
8/10/12 8:54:21AM
Yeah I remember someone (and it may have been me) saying something along the lines of huh he finallly found someone he could choke out. I hope it wasn't me.
airkerma
8/10/12 10:14:06AM

Posted by Svartorm

He can easily post the $15,000 due to his expertise in Trigganomics.

I squeaked by with a sympathy D in that class (my goldfish died that semester)
FlashyG
8/10/12 10:19:24AM

Posted by postman

Yeah I remember someone (and it may have been me) saying something along the lines of huh he finallly found someone he could choke out. I hope it wasn't me.

You would be correct - Post #4

link
KungFuMaster
8/10/12 11:57:58PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

mmafighting

Aug 9, 2012 - Former UFC welterweight and one-time MMA commentator Frank Trigg has been arrested on charges of battery domestic violence with strangulation. Prommanow.com was the first to report the news.

Trigg was being detained at the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on a bond of $15,000. However, he has been released with the payment of the bond, MMA Fighting has learned. His court arraignment is scheduled for Friday, August 10th. Trigg's particular charge carries a potential jail sentence 1 to 5 years in Nevada state prison, and a mandatory fine of $15,000.

This is not a surprise to me. I have always thought of Trigg as a mean and cruel dude. The way he speaks - pretty much says it all.
bjj1605
8/11/12 9:04:02PM
I actually met Frank Trigg on an airplane and he seemed like a really cool guy. He stopped and talked to me after the flight and everything.

This is a surprise to me.
KungFuMaster
8/13/12 1:04:49PM

Posted by bjj1605

I actually met Frank Trigg on an airplane and he seemed like a really cool guy. He stopped and talked to me after the flight and everything.

I doubt you really got to know him and I'm not saying I know him more than you either. I heard interviews from him and I've seen him commentate on those late night mma showings. The guy sounds like a punk and this is in front of cameras.
bjj1605
8/13/12 7:32:02PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by bjj1605

I doubt you really got to know him and I'm not saying I know him more than you either. I heard interviews from him and I've seen him commentate on those late night mma showings. The guy sounds like a punk and this is in front of cameras.

Obviously I didn't "really get to know him" in a five minute conversation.

All I'm saying is that my impression of him was of genuine, nice, and chill dude.

Based on my impression, I would not have expected this deplorable behavior out of him.