Frank Trigg: It's Not Difficult To See How To Beat Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Trigg: It's Not Difficult To See How To Beat Anderson Silva
DCRage
10/1/08 10:44:20AM
Although such a showdown likely will never happen barring a miracle of some sorts, former UFC Welterweight contender Frank Trigg says that he knows how to beat UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson SIlva-be on the inside.

Article
brooklynbadass
10/1/08 10:49:25AM
lol Silva by RNC!

Everyone "knows" how to beat him but they can't execute what they "know" in the cage apparantly.
rabbit915
10/1/08 10:58:00AM
Except that when you go inside to fight against him, you set yourself up for him to clinch with you and that is not where you want to be. Ask Rich Franklin how that worked out for him.
jlock003
10/1/08 11:00:47AM
Not a bad game plan.....o wait.....that's an awful game plan.....Silva has some of the best mui tai around....inside he eats guys up with knees and his clinch is unbelievable. Look at the Franklin fights. Also...Trigg lays out this whole stay inside game plan and then references the way that Penn fought Sherk....I'm pretty sure I saw that fight, and I'm pretty sure it was dominated by BJ's jab and BJ staying on the outside.....Am I misunderstanding what Trigg is saying? I don't blame twinkle toes for trying to make some noise, but come on....call out Hughes again.....stay away from the number one (two to some) guy in the world.
Darnok
10/1/08 11:01:53AM

Posted by rabbit915

Except that when you go inside to fight against him, you set yourself up for him to clinch with you and that is not where you want to be. Ask Rich Franklin how that worked out for him.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess Frank forgot about knees.
teddythetuna
10/1/08 11:08:20AM
He was going to rip through GSP as well but it ended up being one of the biggest one sided fights ive ever seen.
gabe531
10/1/08 11:28:58AM
i can understand him saying he could beat silva. he will never have to face him so that would put his name out there to make sure he's still known. as to his ways on how to win hes missing something. you have to get lucky to beat silva. you have to lnp a victory. his only weakness is td def. but hes also dangerous off his back so you have to be very very cautious.
gartface
10/1/08 11:30:27AM
The only ways to beat him are flying scissor heel hook , and the way that Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt started to, and that's take him down and try and keep him there, which is much harder than it sounds, as we saw in both the Henderson and Marquardt fight.
DoTheMMAth
10/1/08 11:34:58AM
Dear Frank Trigg...

O, wait a second... there's no fighter bashing allowed
dust
10/1/08 12:13:03PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Dear Frank Trigg...

I think it's OK to bash as long as the fighter IS NOT a criminal.
AchillesHeel
10/1/08 12:15:15PM
So I guess Frank didn't see Silva's fights with Rich Franklin, then.

Or his fight with Travis Lutter.

Or his fight with Dan Henderson.

Or his fight with...
saemskin
10/1/08 12:59:40PM
Does anyone really care what frank Trigg says? He's no longer a figher, he's a pro-wrasslin announcer thus his opinion is moot.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/1/08 1:07:57PM
coming from a guy who's nickname is Twinkle Toes
HulkRage
10/1/08 1:37:16PM
Trigg would get ko'd via clinch and end up with crooked nose.
RMFG_187
10/1/08 2:35:34PM
Hendo had the right gameplan, but didnt execute it in round 2, and it bit him in the ass.

btw, who cares what Trigg thinks?
jiujitsufreak74
10/1/08 2:44:22PM
just to reiterate what a few others have said:

inside = clinch

Frank Trigg = high
BIGKAT
10/1/08 4:12:28PM
Yep, and the inside worked out great for him against Robbie Lawler didn't it!
Wolfenstein
10/1/08 4:14:24PM
It's actually a really good strategy. Implementing it just isn't an easy task, and you're still placing yourself in danger if Anderson is able to clinch on the inside, but it's better than being picked apart from the outside where you stand no chance.

Any boxing coach will tell you that if a guy is fast you want to go to the body to slow him down. It's tough to consistently go to the body in MMA but it can be done effectively ala Bas Rutten. Come to think of it Bas probably has the best chance to beat Silva.

As far as Frank beating Silva; I hate to use MMA math but Robbie Lawler really put it to him, and while Robbie's striking is awesome Silva's is better.
gravy13
10/1/08 5:26:00PM
The funniest part of this article for me was anticipating all the responses in this thread.

There's no way Trigg could take out Silva. I don't think he gameplan is a good one. I do have to admit that I do like Trigg as commentator, no so much as a fighter.....
bullettdodger
10/1/08 5:43:25PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

It's actually a really good strategy. Implementing it just isn't an easy task, and you're still placing yourself in danger if Anderson is able to clinch on the inside, but it's better than being picked apart from the outside where you stand no chance.

Any boxing coach will tell you that if a guy is fast you want to go to the body to slow him down. It's tough to consistently go to the body in MMA but it can be done effectively ala Bas Rutten. Come to think of it Bas probably has the best chance to beat Silva.

As far as Frank beating Silva; I hate to use MMA math but Robbie Lawler really put it to him, and while Robbie's striking is awesome Silva's is better.

aaa9erh8er
10/1/08 6:22:42PM
it was probably said but i got to anyways
remeber when trigg thought he new how to bea houghes
Matimus
10/1/08 7:05:47PM
Trigg would totally win against Silva.

...If Silva had a bout of explosive diarrhea and had to run from the ring pucker arse holed to the change room.
tdietel01
10/1/08 8:20:45PM
i can think of two ways to beat him...... KO or sub!!! the problem is doing it before you get ko'd
DvS
10/1/08 9:07:20PM
Frank can't say anything he is in TNA right now
bls1919
10/1/08 11:25:08PM
Wow i woukld like to get my hands on some of the shit the Frankire is smokin. This guys would be outclassed by Anderson in every aspect of the fight. He just wanted to say somthing ridiculous to get his name back on the blogs and sites like this. Total BS...postuering......dum dum talk
ncordless
10/2/08 1:45:40AM

Posted by dust

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Dear Frank Trigg...

I think it's OK to bash as long as the fighter IS NOT a criminal.

self pwnage... and for the record Sioux City shouldn't really be part of Iowa. It is a town full of worthless ape-people from south dakota.