Frank Shamrock Set to Make His Strikeforce Return This March

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Shamrock Set to Make His Strikeforce Return This March
ThaAxeMurderer7
12/25/09 2:22:05PM
Mixed Martial Arts 'Legend', Frank Shamrock (23-10-2), says that he will make a return to the Strikeforce cage early this March:

The 37-year-old veteran said on a recent edition of The MMA Hour that Strikeforce has asked him to fight on a yet to be announced card "in the first week or so of March."

The fifteen year veteran, who has held titles for various promotions such as the Pancrase, UFC, WEC, and Strikeforce, is at the tail end of his career and is at the stage where he is only looking for the biggest, and most interesting match ups for him. When asked who he wants next:

"Whoever brings ratings. I need ratings. I just need some ratings,"

Link
jae_1833
12/25/09 3:17:22PM
Shamrock vs Miller would be awesome!!!
Kpro
12/25/09 3:18:42PM
Hello Ken, do you have any plans for March ?
jae_1833
12/25/09 4:20:49PM
I still remember when they were talking about fighting each other!! Some org was talking about actually making it happen too, I don't think anyone questioned who would win that fight.
BeeR
12/25/09 4:54:23PM
frank vs 3 lucha libre midgets, THAT would make him a "legend"
Other then that, I dont think he deserves the "legend" monicre
Props for hammerfisting Tito FTW though One of my fav Ortiz defeats
KoldKhaos
12/25/09 7:21:28PM
If Cung Le is healthy enough then Le vs Shamrock II.

That fight was electric as I was there for it.
IriShame
12/25/09 8:56:07PM
Yeah, maybe Cung Le. Ken would be too much of a freak fight and Strikeforce is really trying to be a legit organization right now. I could see Mayhem with his recent pop culture notoriety. I don't know, to be honest I'm not really that interested in seeing Frank fight anybody.
xdanish020
12/25/09 9:17:17PM
Scott Smith, just coming off a big win over Cung Le, it's really the only fight for Frank unless they give him Lindland which isn't exactly a ratings booster.
tcunningham
12/26/09 12:50:07AM
wouldnt mind seeing shamrock/miller. it aint nothin crazy but i would definitely watch it. i dont think i could pass up watching either of them fight anyway. probably wouldnt make history though.
vomitshovel
12/26/09 12:19:53PM
Yeah i agree with scott smith or cung le, though i dunno how interesting it will be
marcoDGK
12/26/09 12:42:45PM
Warmachine has been posting on his twitter like he is trying to get that fight. I didn't even know he still fought.
postman
12/26/09 1:20:35PM
I know Frank is real big in San Jose and thats the Strikeforce home do you guys think they put too much stock in the draw of Frank? I feel like they think he is a nation wide draw and thats just not the case. IMO
grappler0000
12/26/09 2:09:24PM

Posted by postman

I know Frank is real big in San Jose and thats the Strikeforce home do you guys think they put too much stock in the draw of Frank? I feel like they think he is a nation wide draw and thats just not the case. IMO

Well, I don't think his performances are doing him any favors either. He was tooled in 3 of his last 4 fights...and it's hard to draw an audience for someone who calls themself "The Legend" but doesn't deliver.
marcoDGK
12/26/09 4:25:57PM

Posted by IriShame

Ken would be too much of a freak fight and Strikeforce is really trying to be a legit organization right now. I don't know, to be honest I'm not really that interested in seeing Frank fight anybody.

I agree with the best move would be NOT to have Ken fight someone. I am not interested in this novelty fight. Strikeforce should focus more on creating more top contenders. They should be making names instead of trying to bank off of dying stars.

Am I the only one that thought it was sad when he fought Nick Diaz 2 months after his surgery?
titlefight
12/27/09 7:54:35PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

Well, I don't think his performances are doing him any favors either. He was tooled in 3 of his last 4 fights...and it's hard to draw an audience for someone who calls themself "The Legend" but doesn't deliver.

he was not getting "tooled" in 3 of his last 4 fights.

The Renzo fight Frank was winning until the DQ
The Baroni fight Frank just smoked him.
The Cung fight was potential FOTY, and Frank was giving as much as he was getting until the arm broke.
The Diaz fight he was getting and got smoked.

So to correct you, Frank got "tooled" in 1 of his last 3 fights.
prozacnation1978
12/27/09 8:15:39PM
my guess is against matt lindland
IriShame
12/28/09 7:14:19PM

Posted by titlefight

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

The Cung fight was potential FOTY, and Frank was giving as much as he was getting until the arm broke.

Yeah, I'd say that's a little more accurate.
grappler0000
12/30/09 12:27:06PM

Posted by titlefight

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

Go watch the Renzo fight again. Frank was looking for a way out. And if you think Frank was winning that fight, then thankfully you're not a judge.

Yes, Frank smoked Baroni.

Cung was toying with Frank the entire fight until Frank got in some decent shots in the 3rd, but it was far from an even fight.

And obviously Diaz smoked him.

So, to correct you, he was getting smoked in 1 and got smoked in 2 fights...totaling 3.