Frank Shamrock vs Rich Franklin. Who would win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Frank Shamrock vs Rich Franklin. Who would win?
POLL: Who would win?
Shamrock via KO\TKO 11% (4)
Shamrock via SUB 8% (3)
Shamrock via Dec. 3% (1)
Franklin via KO\TKO 59% (22)
Franklin via SUB 0% (0)
Franklin via Dec. 19% (7)
kofranklin
3/21/08 5:36:10PM
Who do think would win between Frank Shamrock and Rich Franklin.
seanfu
3/21/08 5:47:33PM
I respect the skills of Frank but I think Rich would punish him and stay off the ground. Rich would wear him down and score a TKO or decision by manhandleization.
Pookie
3/21/08 5:48:47PM
Frank isnt even on this level tbh. This is like Kimbo vs. Fedor.
Aaronno9
3/21/08 6:30:33PM
Itd be like rich vs the crow. Frank might catch him once or twice but rich would outwork and outscore him every round and either get a tko or UD.
NatedawgThaM
3/21/08 7:17:37PM
OMG Frank Easily. Not even Phil Baroni could handle Frank on the feet and that's where he loves to fight and Baroni has twice the heart and chin then Rich.

Frank would punish him on the feet and probably KO him. If anybody goes for the takedown it will be Rich. Then Frank would sub him. Very bad mismatch IMO.
Aaronno9
3/21/08 7:24:16PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

OMG Frank Easily. Not even Phil Baroni could handle Frank on the feet and that's where he loves to fight and Baroni has twice the heart and chin then Rich.

Frank would punish him on the feet and probably KO him. If anybody goes for the takedown it will be Rich. Then Frank would sub him. Very bad mismatch IMO.

Looking at the poll, its 12-0 in favour of franklin. I can see how sombody might argue frank would win, but to say its a mis match is bordering on stupidity.
NatedawgThaM
3/21/08 7:32:17PM
I just don't know why everybody consider Franklin to be so great. Frank has only been KO'd once and that was a long time ago, and he just had a sick brawl with Baroni who KO'd the guy who KO'd Frank before. Evan Tanner freakin knocked down Franklin and he's a ground fight plain and simple. So I think Frank would knock him out. Just my opinion. Of course everybody has theres.
Aaronno9
3/21/08 7:40:48PM
Im not sure why phil baroni is playing such a big part in your opinion. Last i checked hes been beat by tanner twice, who rich schooled. Twice. Not forgetting the guy is 10-9 and about as one dimensional as they come. The only guys who've knocked ace out are the current p4p best fighter in the world in most peoples opinions, and a very highly ranked lhw in lyoto machida, i just cant see frank pulling it off.
loller90278
3/21/08 8:20:42PM
i'll take frank via submission or a UD..

franklin doesn't really impress me..
Pookie
3/21/08 8:20:42PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I just don't know why everybody consider Franklin to be so great. Frank has only been KO'd once and that was a long time ago, and he just had a sick brawl with Baroni who KO'd the guy who KO'd Frank before. Evan Tanner freakin knocked down Franklin and he's a ground fight plain and simple. So I think Frank would knock him out. Just my opinion. Of course everybody has theres.

i think even lower of shamrock (lower top 20) then i do of Rich (lower top ten)
kofranklin
3/21/08 8:26:53PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Are you being serious? How can you be impressed that Frank Shamrock beat Baroni. Baroni is the biggest fag of a fighter I have ever seen. He almost has as many losses as he does wins. The guy ******* lost to Pete Sell.
Pookie
3/21/08 8:32:23PM
well in all fairness pete sell was dominating Nate Quarry and was beating scott smith before he managed to get himself knocked out.
NatedawgThaM
3/21/08 8:36:27PM
OMG I'm not saying Baroni is great or anywhere near elite!!!

Chins playing a big part and Baroni hits harder then Rich and Anderson(punches wise) and Frank took everything he threw. I think Baroni would KO Rich unless of course Rich took him down.

So I think Frank would KO Rich before Rich KO'd Frank.
kofranklin
3/21/08 9:04:51PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

OMG I'm not saying Baroni is great or anywhere near elite!!!

Chins playing a big part and Baroni hits harder then Rich and Anderson(punches wise) and Frank took everything he threw. I think Baroni would KO Rich unless of course Rich took him down.

So I think Frank would KO Rich before Rich KO'd Frank.

OK. And maybe Kenny Florian could KO Randy Couture.
kevietre
3/21/08 9:32:34PM
I like Phil Baroni but he's not that great of a fighter.

I was shocked when Frank schoold Phil but he still didn't look too sharp. Franklin just can't be Anderson. Everyone else he faces he will beat.
NatedawgThaM
3/21/08 9:34:54PM

Posted by kofranklin

WTF??? I'm confused. Neither are strikers and neither would bang if they fought. Randy uses Cage LNP, and Kenny uses grappling and submissions to win.

I know your a huge Franklin fan but dang bro, that's horrible analogy. Baroni is arguably the hardest puncher in the division, Kang, Hendo, and Lawler are the only people I can think of that punch harder. Frank took that punishment and still out struck Baroni. Franklin got dropped by Evan Tanner who only wins on the ground, you get were I'm getting at? IMO Frank has a better chin and hits harder. Franklin has only stopped MacDonald and Ken Shamrock in the UFC. Tanner because of a cut.

Your entitled to your opinion dude but that came out of no where man lol.
ncordless
3/21/08 9:48:25PM
Rich Franklin is way to big and athletic for lil' shammy. I think if this fight happened that Frank Shamrock would never fight in mma again.

Franklin is still a top 5 MW easily.

Lil' Shammy is not top 10.

Oh yeah, and whoever compared Baroni's standup to Franklin's, thank you. I needed a laugh today. Baroni is a shadow of his former self. Hose proved that.

mrliquid
3/21/08 10:22:57PM
I wanna say Rich cause he is one of my Fav fighters but I would prob bet on Shamrock he never has trouble with people who have good stand up the guys been knocked out once and i'm sure with the skills he has he could get Rich to the ground sometime in a 3 round fight and when that happens its a whole new game then and Frank is best at it from 97 up till 2006 the guy had 12 straight wins before his DQ against Gracie you guys talk like he is some newbie with no experience against a tough stand up guy.
bls1919
3/21/08 11:58:38PM
How could Shamrock get pumped up to run his mouth at such a nice guy in Rich Franklin. Seriously though i think Franklin would maul Shamrock
TKO 2nd
Aaronno9
3/22/08 2:47:11PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by kofranklin

. Franklin has only stopped MacDonald and Ken Shamrock in the UFC. Tanner because of a cut.

Your entitled to your opinion dude but that came out of no where man lol.

Rich stopped tanner twice, the first time wasnt by cut. He then stopped Edwin Dewees. He also stopped nate quarry with one punch, and stopped jorge riveria, although that was by submission. Not trying to beat up on you or anything but that statement was about as right as the one about kenny k.oing randy.
coldchillin
3/22/08 4:21:01PM
I can't see where the fight would go where Franklin would have the advantage... Shamrock has better stand-up than Rich and a better grappler than him as well, it would be a good stand-up war before Frank Shamrock was able to catch him and put him to sleep. Shamrock's chin has been tested by the best and has Franklin's but Shamrock's has passed the test many more times than Rich's has. This would be a very exciting fight.

Rich Franklin seems to be a bit overrated here with Shamrock being a bit underrated here. The fight would be fairly even I think with a slight advantage going to Shamrock.
NatedawgThaM
3/22/08 5:13:54PM

Posted by coldchillin

I can't see where the fight would go where Franklin would have the advantage... Shamrock has better stand-up than Rich and a better grappler than him as well, it would be a good stand-up war before Frank Shamrock was able to catch him and put him to sleep. Shamrock's chin has been tested by the best and has Franklin's but Shamrock's has passed the test many more times than Rich's has. This would be a very exciting fight.

Rich Franklin seems to be a bit overrated here with Shamrock being a bit underrated here. The fight would be fairly even I think with a slight advantage going to Shamrock.

The point I was trying to make this whole thread.
skinnator
3/22/08 8:40:24PM
Shamrock but it would be a close one.
Hardrock
3/23/08 1:24:00AM
Rich Franklin if it goes into the second round

www.fthfightgear.com