Frank Shamrock: Nick Diaz kicked my ass

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Shamrock: Nick Diaz kicked my ass
SmileR
4/12/09 11:40:50AM
“I give everything to Nick Diaz. I knew he was a dangerous opponent. Nick kicked my a– tonight; there’s no two ways about it. Nick was just the better man. He hit me in the guts, and that was about all the juice I had. I doubled over, and he put a whoopin’ on me. This is my hometown; this is my arena. I’m 36. I’m still going. I’ll be back here. Don’t even worry about it. There’s always tomorrow.”

-Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Frank Shamrock (23-10-2) comments on his main event bout with Nick Diaz at the Strikeforce event that took place on April 11 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. Shamrock — who defeated Diaz’ mentor Cesar Gracie in just 21 seconds back in 2006 – found himself on the other end of the whoopin’ for a change. Diaz was dominant from start to finish and left the usually insolent Shamrock both humbled and respectful after the show. What’s left now for the 36-year old Shammy going forward? Time will tell…

Link
sclasclemski
4/12/09 12:45:05PM
I like that Frank didn't offer up any excuses...I just hope he doesn't embarrass himself down the line and end up like his bro...too old to fight
SmileR
4/12/09 12:48:09PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I like that Frank didn't offer up any excuses...I just hope he doesn't embarrass himself down the line and end up like his bro...too old to fight

I was thinking the exact same thing, I doubt he will though. He seams to have a bit of sense about him.
chickmagnet
4/12/09 1:18:13PM
Diaz is the man
sclasclemski
4/12/09 4:18:35PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sclasclemski

I was thinking the exact same thing, I doubt he will though. He seams to have a bit of sense about him.

I hope so
LakieMan
4/12/09 8:38:20PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sclasclemski

What I was thinking, I believe Frank has more sense than Ken.
BelXavier420
4/12/09 9:36:26PM
Yes he did kick his ass, I was completely surprised to be honest. If I am not mistaken in the post fight interview (while still int he ring) Shamrock actually said
"He made me **** myself with that punch"
Aaronno9
4/12/09 11:45:17PM
You cant really be anything but humble after having your ass handed to you like Frank did on saturday night. But Diaz looked on top of his game, him was picking Frank apart on the feet and beating him on the ground. I was just glad to see the sportsmanship from both guys after, it was awesome to see from two of the biggest trash talkers in the game.
shevtheman
4/13/09 6:24:17AM
Frank is a business man first and hes often said he meets up with his opponent before fights and they settle which angle they will spin to get more hype for the fight...so i think that was more of a hype thing than anything, they clearly dont hate each other and like Diaz said he seems like a younger version of Frank in terms of talking fights up and saying what's on his mind. I think it was a good fight though, maybe Frank needed a tune up before this though...he didn't look comfortable with swinging his right (who would after having it smashed to pieces) but maybe Diaz has found his weight? He looked awesome and that punch to the body was sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Eitherway, both of them are still among my fave fighters and we do need these type of guys in the sport.