Frank Shamrock - New Interview!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Shamrock - New Interview!
nwowolfpack
12/18/08 8:09:07PM
Frank Shamrock ‘Moving on to 2009’

Former Undefeated UFC Champion and Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Frank Shamrock talked with PDG about the Fall of EliteXC, the Rise of Strikeforce, fighting Tito Ortiz, his brother Ken, a rematch with Cung Le and More!

PDG: Really, so the fight is still scheduled for around April?
Shamrock: I have arena dates booked and a pay-per-view date all set up. Ken is just being Ken though and we really haven't finalized his commitment to the fight. I have worked way too hard to make this fight happen but man it has been an uphill battle all the way.

PDG: Overall, what are your lasting impressions of how the whole EliteXC-CBS Saturday Night program ended and the ultimate demise of the company?
Shamrock: Sadly, I believe that the ending was almost inevitable. The way they had their business model laid out, they were not equipped to handle any bad press. You had a bunch of guys that didn't know what they were doing making the decisions for the company. As far as Kimbo Slice getting knocked out, I thought it was great MMA. That is what the whole sport is about; two fighters get in there and go at it and the situation created a great opportunity for Seth Petruzelli. That moment was pure MMA and its unfortunate that it caused the demise of the company.

Read the Rest:
Frank Shamrock 'Moving on to 2009'

Cobbs666
12/18/08 10:43:15PM
" Former Undefeated" ???
whats next, " former undefeated never been knocked out or subbed or gone to a decision?" ....till his 3rd fight
Princeofpunk
12/18/08 11:21:27PM
Tito vs Frank out here in SJ would make my life

my 2 favorites of all time squaring off.

Good move if SF can put it together, it will be a huge draw
haggiswashere
12/18/08 11:35:35PM

Posted by nwowolfpack

Former Undefeated UFC Champion and Strikeforce Middleweight Champion

Isn't everyone "formerly" undefeated?
mentalcase
12/19/08 12:11:36AM
i think they mean undefeated in the UFC 5-0
ThePlague
12/19/08 2:33:41AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by nwowolfpack

Former Undefeated UFC Champion and Strikeforce Middleweight Champion

Isn't everyone "formerly" undefeated?

Not Jon Fitch unfortunately, he lost his first fight.
mentalcase
12/19/08 3:47:18AM

yeah but he was undefeated before he took the fight
ThePlague
12/19/08 5:52:03AM

Posted by mentalcase

yeah but he was undefeated before he took the fight

Ah, I see. Thats a great way to look at it, since that means I too am undefeated!
backalley101
12/19/08 2:29:00PM

Posted by Cobbs666

" Former Undefeated" ???
whats next, " former undefeated never been knocked out or subbed or gone to a decision?" ....till his 3rd fight

nwowolfpack
12/20/08 7:15:24AM

Posted by mentalcase

i think they mean undefeated in the UFC 5-0

THANKS...................

Win Tito Ortiz Submission (Strikes) UFC 22 - There Can Be Only One Champion 9/24/1999 4 4:42
Win John Lober Submission (Strikes) UFC Brazil - Ultimate Brazil 10/16/1998 1 7:40
Win Jeremy Horn Submission (Kneebar) UFC 17 - Redemption 5/15/1998 1 16:28
Win Igor Zinoviev KO (Slam) UFC 16 - Battle in the Bayou 3/13/1998 1 0:22
Win Kevin Jackson Submission (Armbar) UFC Japan - Ultimate Japan 1 12/21/1997 1 0:16

........looks like he was undefeated in the UFC.......