Frank Mir vs Tim Slvia 2...in July

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Frank Mir vs Tim Slvia 2...in July
Next Page »
www-WeLoan-us
4/14/07 12:20:38AM
Should be interesting....well you know the deal by now...Weloan.Us sponsoring Frank Mir go Frank!!!! Welcome Back
Svartorm
4/14/07 12:37:06AM
Tim only lost that fight because he was WAY too agressive and ran right into Mirs guard. I call Big Tim via KO Rd 1.
hippysmacker
4/14/07 12:51:26AM

Posted by Svartorm

Tim only lost that fight because he was WAY too agressive and ran right into Mirs guard. I call Big Tim via KO Rd 1.

I agree. After reading that interview about Mir not even showing up for training most of the time for the Christianson fight, I lost a ton of respect for him. I always thought it was the leg, but that interview seemed to say her just doesn't care enough to train hard. Sylvia by big KO.
Ydoc
4/14/07 1:52:12AM
Interesting fight. Funny how everyone thought it would never happen because Mir couldn't win his way back up to Tim, but instead Tim lost his way to Mir. Got Tim in this one.
Buddharox
4/14/07 6:11:41AM
What an exciting fight! I can't wait for it to happen!

btw I'm kidding
Mastodon2
4/14/07 7:23:06AM
Mir has been looking diabolical since his comeback, but at the same time, Tim never looks good either.
chentay2112
4/14/07 8:01:02AM
i've got sylvia by KO as well but the way these two have been fighting lately it's not a fight i'll be looking forward too...
methodman_90
4/14/07 8:16:50AM
If Tim loses this one then he could be done but it will most probably end up being a boring ass decision in favour of Tim. Who knows Tim might get back on track with a highlight KO or Mir takes his arm home with him but I doubt it.
JimiMak
4/14/07 9:17:50AM
I'm surprised that they're already doin this. I think these are two fighters that had shown great potential and haven't panned out the way dana hoped, even tho they're both former HW champs. I think they've prob'ly both been warned about stepping up their performances and they both know this is do or die (as is every fight they both fight now). But, yeah, Tim by KO. hopefully, because i can't see this realistically ending any other way than ko or decision. course what do i know, look @ my record
zephead
4/14/07 9:58:29AM
I'll take Tim. Mir just doesn't look like he is really into the fight game anymore.
teamquestnorth
4/14/07 2:07:50PM
mir got brutally gnpd by pe da pano thats sad
randyleprechaun
4/14/07 2:20:04PM

Posted by Ydoc

Interesting fight. Funny how everyone thought it would never happen because Mir couldn't win his way back up to Tim, but instead Tim lost his way to Mir. Got Tim in this one.

Thats so true. The UFC are gonna sell this fight as a bad blood match, between two fallen champions. Tim by 1st round K-O.

Franks never been the same since his crash and he knows it. Hes only been taking these fights for the money and is milking it for all its woth. I see the UFC bining him after this fight. He has no future in the reinvigorated UFC heavyweight division.
hook_tothe_body
4/14/07 4:59:16PM
I agree with everyone and I think Tim will take this one. I wonder how though. Mirs fighting as of late suggests that he'll get (T)KO'ed, but maybe he'll last the three rounds. I doubt it though.

It's really sad 'cause Frank Mir is such a good fighter. I hope he can turn things around.

The first fight Tim was too agressive, and I don't think he will make that same mistake. But if Mir can hold off Tims striking, maybe Mir can get a clinch or a takedown.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Mir tapped Tim out again?
JoeMimic
4/14/07 7:46:40PM
Finally a fight I can root for Big Timmy in.
JBatch
4/14/07 8:04:31PM

Posted by Svartorm

Very true but now that Tim is comming off a loss and is no longer champ we may see the old-Mainiac back and aggression was his style.

But even if he does run into Mirs guard I think he would Tim will pound him out.
Tim by TKO rd 1.

BTW when are they going to drop Mir??? Please tell me this is the last fight on his contract.
mma_fan_matt
4/14/07 8:12:35PM
Since he's not the champ anymore maybe we'll see the aggressive Tim again and he gets rid of the "fight not to lose" strategy. Tim by KO.
www-WeLoan-us
4/14/07 8:42:22PM
taking all bets on this one....I am going with Frank 100% with my inside info...Lay the bets girls lets get it rocking
gcraig22
4/14/07 8:56:20PM
I would love to see Mir live up to the potential he had before the wreck. He needs to get back down around 240 and he has a chance. At 260, he just isn't as flexable as he once was. I am taking Mir.
Loot613
4/15/07 5:47:17AM

Posted by methodman_90

If Tim loses this one then he could be done but it will most probably end up being a boring ass decision in favour of Tim. Who knows Tim might get back on track with a highlight KO or Mir takes his arm home with him but I doubt it.

It's funny, you lose one fight to a legend and some people think Tims career is over. Tim will be in this thing like a mad dog for a long time, alot of people don't like him but every sport needs a heel right?
FortySixBelow
4/15/07 7:34:32AM
I agree. I think Tim will take this one...

He will make Mir look shorter, slower and worse conditioned then ever.

Sounds like it can be a great night for Tim, and a very disappointing night for fans of Mir... Damn, this fight might just be one of the ones i will cringe watching.

keith-hackney1
4/15/07 7:43:51AM
I would love for mir to bring the upset to this one, i ******* hate sylvia, he's america's most shameful fighter who has cheek to talk bullshit before a fight then doesnt ever deliver unless fighting a weak opponant. Train hard mir, just to be sure !!!! Sylvia after quitting mma can always get a job as a postman or a shelf stacker !!!!
FortySixBelow
4/15/07 7:52:59AM
I'll be crossing my fingers...trust me...
tepid55
4/15/07 3:50:13PM
I hope Mir wins and gets back on track.
skiba97
4/15/07 3:53:29PM
tim by round 1 ko. Ill bet whatever ive got left by then on him.
Mayo
4/15/07 6:17:19PM

Posted by Ydoc

Very true
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:29:13PM

Posted by Ydoc

lol yeah, that is kind of funny things had to happen that way just for this match to actually occur. I like Mir and don't really care for Silvia too much but I'd love to see Tim knock him out just so I can see somebody take a nap
Naturaldisaster
4/20/07 9:33:00AM
I've been wantin to see this rematch for a while. my pick is Mir submitting Sylvia in the 2nd round
Manfred
4/20/07 11:25:46AM

Posted by Svartorm

I totally disagree. I think Mir will make it to the 2nd
pv3Hpv3p
4/20/07 11:51:34AM
Seems like an important match for both of these fellas... I would imagine that the loser wouldn't be hanging around the UFC for much longer...

Where does Tim go if he loses this fight? I can't imagine him in the WEC... Maybe Pride?... I dunno

With all that being said, I think we'll see the old Tim back and he'll come to bang... And probably TKO rd 1
p_unit23
4/20/07 4:25:53PM
im not a fan of either guys...but i'd say franks gonna take this one again. lol, he's gonna break his other arm.
Pages: [1] 2