FRANK MIR TALKS REMATCH WITH BROCK LESNAR

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » FRANK MIR TALKS REMATCH WITH BROCK LESNAR
Wolfenstein
1/20/09 3:53:14AM
Mir anticipates more striking in the rematch and Lesnar to come in with a different game plan than their first go around. "I think it's going to be a lot more striking, obviously, this time. I think honestly there's going to be a lot more striking, but Brock's never really been punched in a pro fight. I think he's going to try to stand up with me for a little while, and then when that doesn't go his way he's going to take me down and try to ground and pound me and hope he's a lot more strategic about avoiding submissions."

link
haggiswashere
1/20/09 4:11:04AM
The dude knocks out a god and now he thinks he can out strike anybody. lol i don't think he will get past brocks haymaker but i don't think he will have to. brock will knock him down and mir will sub him from his back. (deja vu anyone?)
cmb19932
1/20/09 7:13:44AM
mir is a little to happy with his stand up now and i saw this coming but we all know when the chips are down his bjjj will come back and save him
casey64
1/20/09 9:42:20AM
Brock'll be ready for this fight, and come out on top, he knows to watch for submission. Brock wins TKO.
pinoymixplaya
1/20/09 10:02:46AM

Posted by casey64

Brock'll be ready for this fight, and come out on top, he knows to watch for submission. Brock wins TKO.

he may know to watch out for submissions but does that mean he knows how to defend them? I think Brock will dominate in the beginning but I see a comeback submission for Mir by round 3 by heel hook.
sparky
1/20/09 10:27:10AM
Mir will be the heavy weight champion after this fight. I think he will win this one with another submission I just believe it will go a little longer than last time.
wiggum
1/20/09 10:41:43AM
im gonna use the same prediction that i used when randy fought brock....i said then its randys fight to lose unless he gets hit with a big shot....this time its mirs fight to lose unless he gets hit with a big shot...other than that, early first or second rd stoppage, most likely by sub, but i would love to see a good striking stoppage.....one thing tho, mir may be in love with his standup, but it looked really good so i dont blame him, on the other hand, brock might be in love with his after stopping the legend with that shot (and then on the ground of course)...in the randy fight he wasnt really looking to take it to the ground to much and was willing to trade......something to think about....
gartface
1/20/09 11:08:57AM
I beg to differ with Mir. Brock got hit pretty damn hard on the chin by Randy, and didn't flinch/wince and kept coming forward. And to think that he's going to outstrike a guy who just beat Randy on the feet and in the clinch is ridiculous. Mir's stand up still looked awful against Nogueira, he was just lucky enough to not have Nogueira really fight back.

Lesnar will no doubt take Mir down against the cage, and dominate him. Mir's face will look like hamburger after a first round pounding.
IriShame
1/20/09 11:15:57AM

Posted by gartface

I beg to differ with Mir. Brock got hit pretty damn hard on the chin by Randy, and didn't flinch/wince and kept coming forward. And to think that he's going to outstrike a guy who just beat Randy on the feet and in the clinch is ridiculous. Mir's stand up still looked awful against Nogueira, he was just lucky enough to not have Nogueira really fight back.

Lesnar will no doubt take Mir down against the cage, and dominate him. Mir's face will look like hamburger after a first round pounding.

I agree Nogueira barely fought back, but awful? Come on dude.
Darnok
1/20/09 11:25:09AM
With all of his gloating about his stand up skills at least he is able to recognize that Brock is going to dictate where this fight is fought. And I do agree that it probably will be harder for Brock to find an area where he feels comfortable against Mir.
Manak
1/20/09 11:54:10AM

Posted by wiggum

im gonna use the same prediction that i used when randy fought brock....i said then its randys fight to lose unless he gets hit with a big shot....this time its mirs fight to lose unless he gets hit with a big shot...other than that, early first or second rd stoppage, most likely by sub, but i would love to see a good striking stoppage.....one thing tho, mir may be in love with his standup, but it looked really good so i dont blame him, on the other hand, brock might be in love with his after stopping the legend with that shot (and then on the ground of course)...in the randy fight he wasnt really looking to take it to the ground to much and was willing to trade......something to think about....

mir has been doing JJ for way to long for brock to ever catch up to his level. but being the man-beast that brock is he just has to clip you to end it as randy found out.
Lethal
1/20/09 12:58:48PM
I think the stand up won't be the factor. I think the ground will once again dictate the outcome. Brock leaves way too much space when he's on top...Randy got from under him and he's smaller and known for getting stuck under big guys. Heath Herring should not have lasted as long as he did and if he knew any bjj, there were times were it could have been his fight. Any guy who has strong bjj (Mir) will take advantage of the space.
MondayNiteMauser
1/20/09 1:24:55PM
I believe Mir is underestimating Brocks technical stand up ability and i think this board is really going to be suprised when Brock lays him out on the feet and then uses "effective" GNP unlike the last fight, to pass Mir's guard AGAIN and eventually pound his way to victory. I do believe Brock will shock alot of people when he continuously counters all of Mir's submission attempts from the bottom. He's been training with some of the best bjj guys in the world and i'm sure that by now he's picked up a few things on submission defense.
Afflicted
1/20/09 3:31:14PM
MIr is so full of himself and outragesly overrated. Brock is going to do what he did in the first fight, he will catch him and drop him except this time Mir wont get a time out, he will be KTFO!
LoSt
1/20/09 3:43:27PM
Brock will KO Mir on the feet with ease.
motorboatensob
1/20/09 4:00:10PM
It will end in the first again this time with Brock wining. Brock will be the better striker because one hit is all it will take. And for Mir to talk about Brock getting hit we all know Mir doesn't like getting hit. Brock will keep it standing and stay away from the ground keep it standing and make Mir look like Nog did against him.
SpiderSilva
1/20/09 9:02:21PM
with so little fights Brock is putting some names on his win list no one really has done what Brock has done so far in such little time hell he STILL almost beat Mir in the first fight I say put the French ref eve laveen(I know its not right but sounds the same) But brock would have won the fight and be undefeated anyway Brock has done a lot in a short amount of time just on pure natural ability
Drudinh
1/21/09 3:34:28AM
WAR MIR! WAR...