Frank Mir talks about his up-coming UFC HW title shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir talks about his up-coming UFC HW title shot
MMAcca
6/18/08 3:51:39PM
Former UFC heavyweight Champion, Frank Mir has been on a tear of late, submitting highly touted fighters, Antoni Hardonk and Brock Lesnar in a combined time of less than 3 minutes.

As a reward for these impressive performances, the UFC has given the Las Vegan a chance to fight the current champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira for his old title – and Frank can’t wait to get back in the cage.

Taking some time out from his hectic schedule, the submission magician recently spoke with Ironlife.com:

LINK
xphycorx
6/18/08 4:34:57PM
i would love to see mir win this fight. what a shocker it would be.
gamez0932
6/18/08 5:03:55PM
i think mir is a good fighter but i dont think he'll beat big nog...big nog's jits are better and his stand-up is better.
clintjack
6/18/08 5:28:43PM
yeah theres no way Mir will submit Nog, the only way I could see Mir winning is by doing more in the fight and gettin a decision, but then again it can go the same for Nog.
Gipper
6/18/08 5:48:02PM
if ol franky can some how pull out a win he'll cement his place in mma history as one of the best hw's ever.
whardin19
6/18/08 6:02:21PM
I think Mir has a better chance than many to beat Nog. His BJJ is damn good also. So he'll know what Nog is going for. I don't know about who's stand up is better. Neither is a beast on there feet. But, that might be Mir's best chance to win.
bigbubbano23
6/18/08 6:10:46PM
no way mir has a chance in this one.
HLONWLS
6/18/08 6:38:40PM
When Frank first came back from his injury I thought he really wasn't taking his training very seriously. I think he looked a little soft and there was some timidness in the way he carried himself. The past couple of fights he is really starting to look like a contender again. Even though I put zero bank in Brock Lesnar it was a good win for Frank.