Frank Mir slams Joe Rogan’s pro-Nog UFC 102 commentating, tells Fedor to quit and go home

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir slams Joe Rogan’s pro-Nog UFC 102 commentating, tells Fedor to quit and go home
Next Page »
SmileR
9/1/09 1:08:11PM
emfleek
9/1/09 1:11:52PM
SmileR
9/1/09 1:12:15PM
Before people just jump all over this please watch the interview. Mir makes some good points and has huge respect for Nog, Brock and Randy.
Although I agree with Rogan that Nog wasn't 100% I'm with Mir on the fact that no fighter ever competes 100% and if you're fit enough to fight you can't make excuses after the fight.
emfleek
9/1/09 1:17:29PM

Posted by SmileR

Before people just jump all over this please watch the interview. Mir makes some good points and has huge respect for Nog, Brock and Randy.
Although I agree with Rogan that Nog wasn't 100% I'm with Mir on the fact that no fighter ever competes 100% and if you're fit enough to fight you can't make excuses after the fight.

I'm just getting to the point where I can't stand hearing Frank Mir talk. He has this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Hey Frank...let's talk about your undying love and your show of favoritism towards Miguel Torres...
SmileR
9/1/09 1:21:09PM

Posted by emfleek

I'm just getting to the point where I can't stand hearing Frank Mir talk. He has this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Hey Frank...let's talk about your undying love and your show of favoritism towards Miguel Torres...

I too have a undying love and huge favoritism towards Miguel Torres.
emfleek
9/1/09 1:26:47PM

Posted by SmileR

I do, too.

However, I think Rogan did a fine job of posing the question that EVERYONE wants the answer to. Let' say it was someone like Cro Cop (or some other underdog) fighting Nog that night instead of Mir. You can't convince me that Mir wouldn't have asked the EXACT same question.

The only way to settle it is to have them fight again...and then a 3rd time because a healthy Nog, in my opinion, would beat Mir in a rematch. So a rubber match *would* be needed.
loller90278
9/1/09 1:26:59PM

Posted by SmileR

yeah but mir chose to reschedule his bout with brock because of an injury. I think being in the hospital 1 week before the fight because of staph and a torn meniscus constitutes a rescheduling as well.
SmileR
9/1/09 1:40:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

I do, too.

However, I think Rogan did a fine job of posing the question that EVERYONE wants the answer to. Let' say it was someone like Cro Cop (or some other underdog) fighting Nog that night instead of Mir. You can't convince me that Mir wouldn't have asked the EXACT same question.

The only way to settle it is to have them fight again...and then a 3rd time because a healthy Nog, in my opinion, would beat Mir in a rematch. So a rubber match *would* be needed.

I'd love to see a rematch and I'd pick Nog again because as he showed the other night a fit and mach ready Nog is one mean dude. I can see where Mir is coming from though.
I'd say finishing Nog is his biggest achievement to date, even bigger than winning the belt. I can't see many people doing the same because Nog didn't even look dazed when Randy connected flush and Randys dropped some big guys.
I'd be pissed if someone was down playing a big achievement I'd made in a fair match. While I agree with what Rogan said I can also see why Mir is angered by it.
I agree with you 100% though if the roles were reversed or another guy fought I wouldn't be surprised to here Mir defending Nog.
xdanish020
9/1/09 2:00:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

Couldn't agree more, Mir was basically speechless when Torres lost, didn't really even give credit to Bowles who is a stud IMO.
DaBeatdown
9/1/09 2:02:25PM
Frank Mir is like fingernails on the chalkboard, wish he would keep his mouth shut
nickcuc547
9/1/09 2:11:32PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

agreed, i like him less and less every time he speaks, and I never lilked him much to begin with.
emfleek
9/1/09 2:14:37PM

Posted by emfleek

He has this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Let me rephrase this...

He "GOTS" this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Nightmare27
9/1/09 2:29:20PM
Im not sure who he loves more Torres or Curran?
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/1/09 2:42:20PM
I do get the fact that he's trying to be as respectful as possible... but he should take a hard and long look in the mirror after hearing go on and on and on and oooooooooon about miguel torres. Plus, he's not a very good commentator IMO.

Mir
joshryanshepherd
9/1/09 2:45:58PM
I had no clue that Frank Mir was oh so Viscous, lord knows we don't want frank mir of all people being viscous against randy...
Gogoplatapus
9/1/09 3:07:27PM
He didn't even watch, how does he know. Rogan comments discarded until he says it after he watches the fight.
mrsmiley
9/1/09 3:44:48PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

The funniest things are those that are true.
Props for life for that one!

I did agree with Mir on his comments about Forrest though.
gartface
9/1/09 4:25:23PM
Is Mir the pot or kettle in this situation?
Jackelope
9/1/09 5:48:54PM
I think a lot of people aren't watching the interview. He makes some good points.

If anyone wants to make excuses for a fighter then Mir is right- they shouldn't have taken the fight. To claim that his win came only via the fact that he was injured going into the fight is like taking all of the credit away from the guy who won. You wouldn't want to win a competition and have everyone tell you that you didn't deserve the win, either.

I recently backed out of a fight I had coming up because I had other commitments that were not going to allow me to be anywhere close to 100%. When you do something like that you feel ashamed that you backed out, but at the same time you know it was the right thing to do because you don't ever want to look back and make excuses. If things are that bad, save yourself from the embarrassment and the excuses people would criticize you for down the road. Nobody likes a cry baby who makes up excuses. At least not that I know of.

Anyways, I understand that some people don't like Mir and that's just the way it is. I'm just trying to explain from my perspective why I appreciate his honesty. Never once did he "slam" Rogan, he simply addressed it based on what he had heard on text, but he prefaced it by saying he hadn't seen the fights yet so he didn't really know. The title is somewhat misleading and definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Your choice whether you want to do your own research or take someone else's word for it. Kind of like Mir should have withheld his comments on Rogan's commentating until after he'd seen the fight. Of course since he had a strong emotional investment you can understand his reaction, and like I said- he did preface it. After all- these same people put in subtitles that he was talking about Noguiera when he was clearly talking about Brock.

MaxOne
9/1/09 5:53:23PM
i couldn't really hear anything wrong with what he said. I get him on the fedor comments too even though we all know fedor could come into the UFC and more than likely take the belt from whoever holds it at the time.

all of the crap has made fedor look back. I don't blame him though....can't. fighters fight and let the people they work with handle most of the legal crap.

I also am all for more leagues so i think fedor being in strikeforce will draw more talent to strikeforce. sounds good to me.

slapshot
9/1/09 7:34:39PM
Its real simple for me to put the Nog Mir fight in context but then my wife is a nurse and has had to care for three difrent people with MRSA so I know 100% that anyone septic enough to be admitted in a hospital with staph should never have been cleared to fight in the same week.

To me a excuse has always been a simi illegitimate reason for a failure so I dont see any excuses made. Between the staph and the knee injury it was clear to me he should have never took that fight but the timeline made it imposable for the UFC to find a replacement. I think it was only because he's a warrior that Antonio even stepped in the cage at all.

The only other beef I have with Mir's comments is the BS about how he's so dangerous and he just couldn't pull the trigger on Randy Couture, I think Randy could beat Mir.

He's just gotten bitter from his losses, he dose make some sense but even a broken clock is right twice a day, his demeanor and attitude did more to make me dislike him than the few points he made that are valid did to make me like him.
jiujitsufreak74
9/1/09 7:38:52PM
Whether or not Frank is right is not the point imo; he is the LAST person who should call out Joe Rogan. classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. i mean i still watch the way he reacts to Torres getting KOed and piss my pants every time
RMFG_187
9/1/09 7:49:44PM
Frank is losing fans faster than hes losing brain cells. I cant wait til a mediocre Kongo KOs him, or for Anderson to tie a leash around his neck and make him his bitch.
STOP CALLING FEDOR OUT, Your not even on the same level.
KingCmb
9/1/09 8:44:03PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Frank is losing fans faster than hes losing brain cells. I cant wait til a mediocre Kongo KOs him, or for Anderson to tie a leash around his neck and make him his bitch.

dude franks got balls calling fedor out where is this interveiw i wanna here it

dude what are you talking about he has never called out or said hes on fedors level

and kongo lol dude he is another arm for mirs collection and if kongo beats mir ill never post here again
RMFG_187
9/1/09 9:48:38PM

Posted by the-king

Posted by RMFG_187

dude what are you talking about he has never called out or said hes on fedors level

and kongo lol dude he is another arm for mirs collection and if kongo beats mir ill never post here again

When I said calling out Fedor, I meant talkin smack about him, but watch Kongo will KO him, im telling you, Mirs wrestling aint good enough to get it to the ground
KingCmb
9/1/09 10:10:58PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by the-king

Posted by RMFG_187

When I said calling out Fedor, I meant talkin smack about him, but watch Kongo will KO him, im telling you, Mirs wrestling aint good enough to get it to the ground

is kongos takedown defense is good enough to keep it up and even so mir has good boxing and good kicks and if the **** goes down he can pull guard

if mir loses i will never post again not that i do a ton now but i plan on slowly increasing my count
Manak
9/1/09 11:13:20PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by the-king

Posted by RMFG_187

When listing to the Interview, He really doesn't call out Fedor or talk ****. He says he doesn't understand why he would not wanna fight in the UFC. the title of this topic is very misleading. He said it is prb Fedor's management that said no. And he says if you have not to prove then you should got walk away b/c the Lady asked him what do think about fedor saying he has nothing to prove. From actually listening to the interview, I have no problem with what he said. He just answers the questions asked.
telnights
9/1/09 11:15:29PM
Well I think its wrong for Joe to make excuses for fighters and why they lost. He lost that night because Mir was the better fighter. Be it he had staph or something else doesn't matter Mir was the better fighter that night. But same time I think Mir is the last person to be giving advice how to and not to commentate.
RMFG_187
9/2/09 3:52:46AM

Posted by Manak

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by the-king

Posted by RMFG_187

When listing to the Interview, He really doesn't call out Fedor or talk ****. He says he doesn't understand why he would not wanna fight in the UFC. the title of this topic is very misleading. He said it is prb Fedor's management that said no. And he says if you have not to prove then you should got walk away b/c the Lady asked him what do think about fedor saying he has nothing to prove. From actually listening to the interview, I have no problem with what he said. He just answers the questions asked.

Ok I didnt watch this video, but yesterday I watched this video/audio clip, and listen to what he says. i didnt watch this vid cuz I am tired of the Bull. I use to be a fan of Frank, heck I even rooted for him, but now, all I want to see is for his jaw to break so his mouth gets wired shut.

Edit: Forgot the link lol

THE LINK
Rush
9/2/09 7:08:51AM

Posted by the-king

is kongos takedown defense is good enough to keep it up and even so mir has good boxing and good kicks and if the **** goes down he can pull guard

In theory Kongo's takedown defense is crappy, but he is so strong, that a guy with mediocre takedowns (i.e. Mir) would not be able to take him down.

Sure Mir could pull guard, but that all depends on how much damage he takes getting to the clinch.

And I am sorry, but Mir's stand up is not even on the same level as Kongo's.

IMO, many of the questions Rogan asks (like the one about Nog, in question) deal with things that any kid with a keyboard and Internet connection already know. It's a safe way for him to look like he knows some inside information. I believe it is all self-serving. This is why I watch all the fights with the volume really low or off.
Pages: [1] 2