Frank Mir Scraps LHW Plans In Pursuit Of Brock Lesnar

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir Scraps LHW Plans In Pursuit Of Brock Lesnar
DCRage
7/2/10 1:50:41PM
Best 2 out of 3, anyone? Could happen now according to the former champ. "Brock's comments in his UFC interviews have inspired me to decide on holding off on going to 205, and working my way to fighting him again."

Article
emfleek
7/2/10 1:52:29PM

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: \äb-'se-sh?n, ?b-\
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>

PABLOMAFIOSO
7/2/10 2:22:06PM
Don't do it Frank!
It is only going to end in tears. Mir will have to get through the likes of JDS, Roy Nelson and maybe Big Nog to get to Brock again. I can't see success on the horizon for Mir at HW.I would love to see how he fares at LHW. there are some interesting fights for him there.
DCRage
7/2/10 2:24:51PM
Not if Carwin wins. I wouldn't mind seeing it again only because I want to see Brock tap...I mean, slap again. Never get tired of seeing that submission.
prozacnation1978
7/2/10 2:25:13PM
wow that was a suprise
Giant_Ochai
7/2/10 2:26:02PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Don't do it Frank!
It is only going to end in tears. Mir will have to get through the likes of JDS, Roy Nelson and maybe Big Nog to get to Brock again. I can't see success on the horizon for Mir at HW.I would love to see how he fares at LHW. there are some interesting fights for him there.

I'd love to have fares just trying to make it to 205.
MaxOne
7/2/10 2:27:38PM
Frank is a heavy weight and as long as he's fighting he should be trying to get to the top.

Him at 205 makes no sense. He needs to get use to his size and continue to work on the areas that need the most work.

Brock & Carwin have been carrying around lots of muscle for a long time and are better at using it and probably still quite a bit stronger than Frank. he needs to keep working on his strength, striking, wrestling etc.
bjj1605
7/2/10 2:38:27PM
Frank should continue his weight training program, continue to work on his wrestling, and get over his ego. IMO his biggest problem is the fact that he doesn't move when he's getting hit. He just sits there and rolls his eyes, like he's trying to show every one how tough he is. He did it against Brock and Carwin, and if my memory serves me correctly, against Ian Freeman too.

I 100% believe he still has a shot at being a champion. Call me naive if you will, and I admit I'm a huge fan of his. But, unless he shows me something between then and now I'll be picking Brock (for the first time) if and when their third fight happens.
three_days_of_grey
7/2/10 2:58:51PM
People's reactions to Mir's announcement:
Courtney Love - "This dude's hiiiiigh. Got any H?"
Charles Manson - "Motherf**ker's crazy, man."
Oprah - "It's not healthy to put on weight then drop weight then put on weight. Isn't that right, America?"
Paul Reubens - "His last fight was really really embarassing, heheh."
Mark Cuban - "I think Mir just loves all the attention."

finnish_line
7/2/10 3:04:19PM

Sure, Frank. That's why you're not moving down in weight. Okay.

If Brock loses tomorrow Dana will make this fight in a heart beat.
Sam_Rothstein
7/2/10 3:17:03PM
If I hadn't seen the Carwin/Mir fight I would say its a great idea. Mir went from looking like a reborn champion to that guy with the bum knee we saw get beat stupid by brandon vera.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/2/10 4:14:39PM

Posted by emfleek

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: \äb-'se-sh?n, ?b-\
Function: noun
Date: 1680
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>

this

I won't be ordering it.
emfleek
7/2/10 4:26:59PM
I'll still order it. I'm always down to see Mir get his face wrecked.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/2/10 4:31:34PM

Posted by emfleek

I live by the insanity rule. If I order the same PPV over and over again expecting different results, I'd be insane.
jlock003
7/2/10 4:36:09PM
I felt like when Mir came to the second Lesnar fight at 245 he was pretty skinny. I mean Rashad cut to 205, but he is about half Mir's size. Coleman got off the juice and came down to 205 but it took a long time for him to cut that size and it was mostly muscle. Mir looked good physically against Carwin I think he just needs to figure out that guys like Carwin and Brock can put you to sleep with six-inch licks. The Kongo and big Nog fights, showed he can strike, I personally feel like that is why Carwin put him straight into the cage. He is still a beast of a hw and I would love to see the rubber match. I guarantee he would feel a greater sence of urgency if Brock got him in another twisted headlock on the canvas.
emfleek
7/2/10 4:39:45PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by emfleek

I live by the insanity rule. If I order the same PPV over and over again expecting different results, I'd be insane.

No need to expect different results. The result would be the same.

Brock via TKO in Round 1.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/2/10 5:04:24PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by emfleek

No need to expect different results. The result would be the same.

Brock via TKO in Round 1.

That would be a different result. Brock won via TKO in R2.
vomitshovel
7/3/10 7:49:21AM
This excites me...
Not in the same way Carano does ;) but its really excites me. Mir moving to 205 seems stupid to me, he will be slow and his amazing grappling will be standard amongst the lighter weights. He will be another fighter in the crowd.
Mir IS a heavyweight and his agility, flexibility and technical proficiency really show in heavyweight where you usually get heavier handed, more methodical fighters.
I hope to see Mir vs Lesnar again. Id love to see Mir vs Velasquez, Mir vs JDS, Mir vs Nelson, Mir vs anyone really makes for a good fight at HW.
WAR THE MIRCHINE
TheBestEVER
7/3/10 12:32:05PM
Either way Mir isnt going to be champion ever again. Him dropping down to LHW is just stupid, but if he wants to jump into that shark tank and embarass himself then whatever!
Boo_Radley21
7/3/10 5:47:27PM
I don't think Mir could make 205..am i crazy? The guy is not small by any means.