FRANK MIR SAYS MAY 23 DATE WITH LESNAR NO GO

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » FRANK MIR SAYS MAY 23 DATE WITH LESNAR NO GO
Wolfenstein
3/7/09 7:22:32AM
After a day of conflicting reports, it appears that the May 23 date for Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar to unify the UFC heavyweight championship will indeed be postponed. The latest confirmation comes from Mir himself at the Arnold Fitness Expo in Columbus, Ohio, on the eve of UFC 96.

link
Boo_Radley21
3/7/09 11:06:59AM
So it's officially not on for 98 then?
Jackelope
3/7/09 11:15:12AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

So it's officially not on for 98 then?

Looks like it, but we'll have to wait for an official announcement from the UFC.

I can already tell you the fans are going to be pissed if it is true, but I'm glad he's choosing to opt out of the fight. This way there will be no excuses and we'll have a clean bout. The first fight already has so much controversy surrounding it, imagine if the second did, too.

Edit: LOL, watch the actual video at the Arnold Classic.. Frank talks MAD trash http://www.mmaweekly.com/blog/2009/03/frank-mir-tells-bodybuildingcom-may-23.asp
Loot613
3/7/09 2:30:18PM
that fat guy was kinda creepy
MondayNiteMauser
3/7/09 5:44:32PM
"I'd be pissed to if i got my ass kicked by someone in 90 seconds."

If i do recall Frank Mir got his ass whooped for 85 seconds and then caught a then inexprienced Lesnar. I hope Mir can back up all that tough talk....
Tein_Lung
3/7/09 7:19:04PM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

"I'd be pissed to if i got my ass kicked by someone in 90 seconds."

If i do recall Frank Mir got his ass whooped for 85 seconds and then caught a then inexprienced Lesnar. I hope Mir can back up all that tough talk....

i don't think eh will have a problem backing it up... Lesner also hit Mir in the back of the head 3-4 times... which if you ever been hit in the back of the head you would know that kinda knocks you goofy...

now i bet your gonna say he lost a point for it without a warning... which would be false he had a warning before the point deduction just the overhead mic did not pick it up...
MondayNiteMauser
3/12/09 3:05:21PM
Mir rolled into those back of the head shots. You can't deny that brock owned the stand up in the fight either bub bub.