Frank Mir: ‘I saw flashes of white’ during UFC 81 Brock Lesnar fight (Audio)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Frank Mir: ‘I saw flashes of white’ during UFC 81 Brock Lesnar fight (Audio)
juanez13
2/4/08 3:22:59PM

“I now know what it feels like to be in a rodeo. That was a bull.”

Frank Mir has some more great insight on his win over Brock Lesnar this weekend at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” this weekend thanks to Mr. Sunshine.

LINK
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
KeNn
2/4/08 4:52:41PM
gah lol frank mirs modest.
SmileR
2/4/08 5:43:00PM
Mir comes across as a really nice guy. Respectful and funny, we should see more of him.
jomatty
2/4/08 6:58:58PM
yeah it is nice to see some one answer objectively when asked "do you think you deserve a title shot". it is easy to thump on your chest and say you are the best in the world but a lot harder to tell the truth.
MALICE
2/4/08 9:06:55PM
Hope he keeps climbing the ranks
jiujitsufreak74
2/4/08 9:26:35PM

Posted by jomatty

yeah it is nice to see some one answer objectively when asked "do you think you deserve a title shot". it is easy to thump on your chest and say you are the best in the world but a lot harder to tell the truth.

well said, i hope we see more of that in MMA

Mir is a very respectable and knowledgeable guy and wouldn't mind seeing him replace goldie as a commentator like the other thread suggested. great guy with a level head, he seems to be where he once was so i hope nothing but the best for him.
DevonFoxy
2/4/08 9:43:07PM
Yea i like Mir and i really wouldnt have wanted his match with Lesner to go any other way. Lesner establishes himself and Mir gets the win.

The only thing is i don't think Mir should get a title shot off this like many are saying. If he wins a rematch with Vera then sure he def. deserves one buthe has only won
his last two fights over Hardonk who isn't at the top of the heap or near it (tho his kick boxing was showcased nicely last fight) and Lesner who we mostly think is going to be a force in the future but he did only have one fight and he looked pretty bad in that fight until the knee bar. The way Vera beat him was pretty bad as well so hes still young which is good for him as he has a lot left in him but to get a title shot i think hes got to do a little more.
SpiderSilva
2/4/08 10:18:14PM
I almost dont think Lesner will gas look at WWE westler man they can go and go and go I know its mostly fake but those dudes go for like 30 mins 2 years and his a real contender
Svartorm
2/6/08 2:21:19AM
I've done both and it doesn't really translate.

Its the adreneline that kills your cardio in a fight, more often than not, and you actually get plenty of downtime in pro-wrestling during a match as the pace isn't frantic or unpredictable like MMA.
Djbb
2/7/08 12:18:29PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

look at WWE westler man they can go and go and go I know its mostly fake but those dudes go for like 30 mins

Posted by Svartorm

I've done both and it doesn't really translate.

^^lol did anyone else get a mental image of Svartorm wearing legion of doom shoulderpads?
The-Don
5/18/08 3:14:24PM
actually yea... He does look like he could be in LOD... He even has the name for it..
NOCALBRAWL
5/29/08 3:08:06AM
is brock done?
BlueSkiesBurn
8/2/08 10:27:06PM
I picture Svartorm as more of a Nasty Boy than LOD
bls1919
8/3/08 10:11:53PM
WOW you did it in more than one forum. If you want to talk about Brock talk about him....IN A NEW THREAD at least.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/4/08 3:41:36AM
I was talking about Svartorm. Shit, man, tell the mods to delete old threads. You don't have to jump down my throat for being bored and reading things people have to say about fights. I wasn't aware improving your knowledge and caring about what others think was a crime.