Frank Mir Reflects on Brock Lesnar, Looks to Future

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir Reflects on Brock Lesnar, Looks to Future
Bemin
2/6/08 12:29:18PM
Fresh off a 90-second submission victory over the much-hyped Brock Lesnar (1-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC), former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir (11-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) joined the crew of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com) Tuesday to discuss the experience — and the potential consequences of the victory.

“I knew that it would have to be a combination of submission attempts,” Mir said. “He was too explosive for me to just flat out grab him in one submission and be able to catch it… Like anything, it’s kind of hard to catch a guy with one punch if you just keep throwing one shot. But combinations? That can catch anybody.“

Link
waylon_o
2/6/08 12:45:39PM
Frank Mir is a humble dude...he is a real class act. I hope he can make a run for the title.
Jujiden
2/6/08 3:02:51PM

Posted by waylon_o

Frank Mir is a humble dude...he is a real class act. I hope he can make a run for the title.

Big-ups to Mir. I hope the UFC honors him by giving him a upper-echelon guy.
MMAnomale
2/6/08 4:51:36PM
Mir is definately a class-act. He hasn't been the same since the motorcycle wreck, gaining too much weight, not building his cardio up, tiring too easily, etc., but he looked in much better shape in this fight. I'd like to see him lose some more weight, but not too much, and you have to remember: he's still really young. If he dedicates himself, he may become the HW champion again. I like fighters that are humble and aren't full of themselves. Also, Mir does a good job color commentating for the WEC.
jrmmaclassics
2/6/08 7:30:32PM
Think Mir is one fight away from a title shot, the UFC needs a number one contender match and MIR will probably one of those guys, as for an opponent that is another question all in itself. Mir has come back from allot more than Tim has and he beat tim for the title.

Maybe Tim vs Mir II, could be an option.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Aether
5/18/08 1:10:20PM
definitely not an option since sylvia is not only not in the ufc, but fighting fedor next month. He won't be ready to fight again for several months regardless of how the fight goes, and he won't be doing it for the UFC. The UFC heavyweight division is really seriously lacking at the moment IMO.
bigbubbano23
5/18/08 5:41:45PM
i'am not usually a hater but i think mir is way passed his prime an only survived the lesnar fight because sometime during the coma he realized lesnar left his leg in. and i think it's horrible that we have to wait like 6 months to see Antonio dominate, when they should have thrown arlovski at him.
Ayuka
9/6/08 7:45:50PM

Posted by waylon_o

What the hell? Did you hear him bash Lesnar before the match?