Frank Mir's Performance vs. Antoni Hardonk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Frank Mir's Performance vs. Antoni Hardonk
jahdoug
8/28/07 12:24:06PM
With a quick submission victory at UFC 74 over Antoni Hardonk, Frank Mir is on yet another upswing on his roller coaster career. How does everyone think he looked? His takedown, though sucessful, looked shaky. However, he did a good job of setting it up by gettin off first with a few strikes in the standup exchange directly before his shot.
Also i actually thought Hardonk looked better off his back in this fight than he did against team punishment's Justin McCully given he was up against a much more dangerous submissions fighter in Mir.
MMA
8/28/07 12:33:21PM
He seemed very out of breath when Rogan interviewed him.
TNunley
8/28/07 12:40:21PM
What are you guys LOADED? I had to wh*** myself out on the street corner just to get the pay-per-view paid for, and you guys are paying for the UFC on Demand fights?
babytater03
8/28/07 12:48:57PM

Posted by jahdoug

With a quick submission victory at UFC 74 over Antoni Hardonk, Frank Mir is on yet another upswing on his roller coaster career. How does everyone think he looked? His takedown, though sucessful, looked shaky. However, he did a good job of setting it up by gettin off first with a few strikes in the standup exchange directly before his shot.
Also i actually thought Hardonk looked better off his back in this fight than he did against team punishment's Justin McCully given he was up against a much more dangerous submissions fighter in Mir.

I think that Mir is never going to be what he was. 5 years ago when he was just exploding on the scene he was very impressive. But he's been a total let down since coming back. I see a bone thrown to him every now and again, but nothing big enough that he'll choke on it.
EddieBowers
8/28/07 1:17:36PM
So where can I go to see the Mir fight?? I was wanting to see that the night of the fight.
DCRage
8/28/07 1:38:11PM

Posted by TNunley

What are you guys LOADED? I had to wh*** myself out on the street corner just to get the pay-per-view paid for, and you guys are paying for the UFC on Demand fights?

UFC On Demand is actually kinda cheap. $2 per fight or if you want to pay upfront for 6 months at a time, it works out to $10 a month for unlimited downloads. That's just $10 or so more than one PPV. I'm gonna sign up sometime if my PC can handle it (it probably can).
loonytnt
8/28/07 5:03:32PM
go mir hope you get back on your game
fedorwins1
8/28/07 5:11:03PM
It's kind of hard to assess his performance because all he did was take him down and submit him, he wasn't really tested at all in this fight. It was too quick to see if he's back to his old self. The takedown was kind of sloppy though.
Jackelope
8/28/07 5:12:51PM
Takedown was a little weird looking, I'll admit. Almost like Hardonk wanted to go down.

I think Mir was his former self... I mean when before didn't he look and move confidently and efficiently? Sure there wasn't much of a test, but often times that has been the case with Mir
sammyd1213
8/28/07 6:40:47PM
Frank looked very good.. It doesnt mean anything though he would get crushed by a solid HW... I think he may get Brock Lesnar next(gun to head..BOOM!!!)
Jackelope
8/28/07 7:32:38PM
I would kill to see Mir tap lesnar's ass
JimiMak
8/28/07 8:10:35PM

Posted by EddieBowers

So where can I go to see the Mir fight?? I was wanting to see that the night of the fight.

Try youtube, dailymotion, the video section prolly has some links, just look around on any video site you use or any mma site. I'll see if I can find the link.
Lay_N_Pray
8/29/07 1:17:13AM
I'll tell you what would be a hell of a fight...Mir vs Vera. That would be a war I think. But since Vera has to go beat Sylvia first...you ought to throw Lesnar to Mir so he can tap him quick then go for Vera
jgtribbett
8/29/07 10:39:26AM
if we had a mir vs vera.. mir would do well, but i dont even see mir beating vera when he was in his prime
cowcatcher
8/29/07 10:44:18AM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I'll tell you what would be a hell of a fight...Mir vs Vera. That would be a war I think. But since Vera has to go beat Sylvia first...you ought to throw Lesnar to Mir so he can tap him quick then go for Vera

im hoping youre joking. mir got embarassed by vera when they fought, it was not competitive.
waylon_o
8/29/07 11:07:08AM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Mir has already been dominated by Vera?
cowcatcher
8/29/07 11:23:42AM
UFC 65 was when the figh happened, it wasnt pretty, if youre a mir fan that is.
tepid55
8/29/07 11:30:50AM
I think that Mir can be heavyweight champion again.
cowcatcher
8/29/07 11:35:28AM
the talent level is so much different now then when mir was beating a returning tank, and wes sims. i dont see him making a championship run anytime soon, but id like to see him have some success, every time i talk about him i cant help but think what a shame that the carpet was swept from under him due to the accident.
LR
8/29/07 11:54:02AM
Mir dominated a standup fighter with zero ju-jitsu defense. We can't really make any assumptions after such an easy fight.
Lay_N_Pray
8/29/07 12:15:03PM
I am well aware of the ass handing Mir recieved from Vera...it was a truely dominant performance. Im just saying that I think round 2 would be a war...I think Mir is finally back mentally where he was before his accident.

I think Vera would win the rematch...I just think they rushed it the first time, but no one was sure how Mir would be and how legit Vera really was. We now know Vera is legit and Mir is in a much better mental state. I just think the first one should have never happened and now it should.

And you make a fair point LR...I just think that a win is a win and thats all Mir needed to know. He has his win so in his mind he has the confidence again I believe.
loller90278
8/29/07 12:35:12PM

Posted by LR

Mir dominated a standup fighter with zero ju-jitsu defense. We can't really make any assumptions after such an easy fight.

i wouldn't say that. hardonk was training with rickson gracie before the fight
LakaiDude07
8/29/07 7:04:26PM
Here's a link to the fight
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Yan9HElpwo

I think Mir looked pretty crisp, if he wasn't on his game the match would have taken longer or went to a decision.
puppettamer
8/29/07 7:49:09PM
i think hes going get lost in teh mix and come the next ricco rodriguez they both have no work ethic and belive pure skill will work. but i think ufc should put him against jake o brien :P whenever he gets back
puppettamer
8/29/07 7:53:30PM
and frank mir.....dec HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH good one lmao:Dmaybe if he was promised soem kinda cake he might pull suntin outa his ass
leeman
8/30/07 3:14:21AM
props to mir good to see him have sum success after the accident but man that wus a whakc taekdown haha
ac_gi
8/30/07 5:07:09AM

Posted by LakaiDude07

Here's a link to the fight
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Yan9HElpwo

I think Mir looked pretty crisp, if he wasn't on his game the match would have taken longer or went to a decision.

Thanks for posting the link. I haven't seen that one yet.

Mir was strangely out of breath during his post fight interview. The fight didn't last that long. I think he still has some work to do. Hopefully he does it.