Frank Mir on last nights TUF- my thoughts.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Frank Mir on last nights TUF- my thoughts.
seanfu
11/13/08 4:21:26AM
Frank Mir has been a favorite of mine, but, sadly enough, has lost his spot.

He's been disrespectful during the entire season and last night was bad, bad.

"I'm 200 times the athlete Nogueira is" Personally, he seems really insecure about losing on TV and his abilities.

But honestly, psyching himself up like that when he was basically giftwrapped a can and got lucky against Lesnar after getting his ass kicked is not good. He really has little chance on paper so the least he could do is try to be respectful.

It just really was dumb. He's known for being a weak athlete anyway.

Please tell me someone else picked up on the scent of douchebag in the air.
cmb19932
11/13/08 7:04:56AM
i smell douchebag however he didnt get lucky against lesnar(i love lesnar)and he is not a weak athleat at all i bet u couldnt hang with him anywho i think it will be a very good fight to watch and i belive mir will pull it off in the end against nogiera
mrsmiley
11/13/08 7:28:56AM
Frank has always been like that.
That's why i've never been a fan.
mentalcase
11/13/08 8:24:32AM

he was basically giftwrapped a can and got lucky against Lesnar after getting his ass kicked

that knee bar lucky? how did you come to that conclusion? thats just years of practice and repetitive training drills so that one day when millions of people are watching it all pays off.

as for all his shit talk, thats just hyping the fight, how long have you been an mma fan aren’t you used to it by now, this is how it works its just part the game
Rush
11/13/08 9:01:33AM
I've never been a Mir fan. Ediiting also plays a part. I'm sure Shamrock and Tito are not like they were portrayed to a "T".

One of the problems with some coaches when they come on the show is that it's about their ego and "winning" when it should be about making these kids into better fighters. I don't understand when coaches think that it's about them winning ,for many reasons.
1) The show is about the fighters not the coaches.
2) That attitude usually brings out the worst in the coaches
3) That attitude doesn't help the fighters improve.
4) Coaches are not remmbered, the fighters are. For example, when Forrest won the title, or hell even the finale, people didn't say, well so and so coached him that's why he was so good. Nobody cared at that point. Nobody cares which coach had the most winningest fighters on the show.
cowcatcher
11/13/08 9:22:54AM

Posted by Rush

One of the problems with some coaches when they come on the show is that it's about their ego and "winning" when it should be about making these kids into better fighters. I don't understand when coaches think that it's about them winning ,for many reasons.

these are athletes at the highest level in their chosen sport so they are competetive, most people that grow up playing sports are competitive and taught to be so by nature. the coaches take weeks and weeks away from their regular schedules to do the show, so im sure theyre trying to train the guys as best they can. also, if they are "winning" as far as total wins and losses go on the show that means the guys they are teaching are doing well so i can see why they would want to "win".
AchillesHeel
11/13/08 10:26:40AM
I didn't see last night's TUF, but I've pretty much stopped paying attention to this pre-fight hype. It all seems like manufactured animosity to me, designed to sell the match to viewers who like to think that the fighters dislike each other.
emfleek
11/13/08 10:36:50AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I didn't see last night's TUF, but I've pretty much stopped paying attention to this pre-fight hype. It all seems like manufactured animosity to me, designed to sell the match to viewers who like to think that the fighters dislike each other.

Exactly. After they fight, both men will hug and praise each other like they always do.

It's hype. Nothing more. Nothing less.
scoozna
11/13/08 10:42:09AM
I fully expected him to crack a smile, then bust out laughing at his own hyperbole.

Didn't happen. I like Mir a lot better when his mouth is closed.
emfleek
11/13/08 10:43:28AM
Frank Mir 'gots' Nog beat in every aspect.

Aaronno9
11/13/08 10:58:36AM
I dont think it was fight hype or anything, Nog didnt show any animosity at all, he was just happy to win. I really think Franks just a soar looser. I was actually pretty supirsed by how extreme he was being about it, it was only a game. I just feel bad for Nog, hes probably the laughing stock of Brazil at the moment considering how much he sucked lol.
bullettdodger
11/13/08 11:53:51AM
Frank was way sore, its not like Nog was any good at soccer/football, complaining and saying Nog won because he was Brazilian or that he said he, himself was never meant win this challenge... that pretty much rubbed me the wrong way. I was picking Nog to win but was unsure who I wanted to win, Frank made the decision for me.
seanfu
11/13/08 12:50:19PM
Reasoning for he got lucky.

Lesnar hit him in the back of the head and then the fight was stopped and he got the kneebar on the reset. I figured Mir was gonna kneebar him on a reset(picked him for round 2 heel hook) but the restart never would've happened had Lesnar not hit him in the back of the head.

I'm saying that was a lucky win cuz if Lesnar wasn't so amped he probably would've taken Mirs head off with no break in the action.

But anyway, yes, he would totally kick my ass...

gsquat
11/13/08 6:04:51PM
This is actually the way he's always been. Most people are just now seeing it because of TUF. If it wasn't hard enough to pick him over Nog before, it will be near impossible by the time the show is done.
higdon10
11/13/08 7:21:01PM

Posted by seanfu

Reasoning for he got lucky.

Lesnar hit him in the back of the head and then the fight was stopped and he got the kneebar on the reset. I figured Mir was gonna kneebar him on a reset(picked him for round 2 heel hook) but the restart never would've happened had Lesnar not hit him in the back of the head.

I'm saying that was a lucky win cuz if Lesnar wasn't so amped he probably would've taken Mirs head off with no break in the action.

But anyway, yes, he would totally kick my ass...

I def. wouldn't say that he got lucky.
Biggz
11/13/08 8:35:14PM
i think TUF really brings out the true person for the coaches and im glad it does. i really didn't like Rampage, but i watched him on TUF and did a complete 180, he just showed he is a cool layed back guy and was nothing like i thought he was. Same with Mir, i kind of liked him now watching TUF i really don't like him at all and the more i watch the more i like Nog, the guy is just a humble, class act. cant wait when Nog beats the hell out of mir!