Frank MIr... Just a little longer on the feet

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Frank MIr... Just a little longer on the feet
bsh162007
7/16/09 6:27:18PM
I was just sitting here thinking and replaying the fight and what you guys think.. I think if Mir could have kept it standing longer after that 2nd takedown in the second round i think Mir could have had Brock in trouble because if you watch it when they get into the clinch in the 2nd Brock does look a little dazed it just makes me so mad he couldnt have stayed on the feet another 30 seconds I really think he would have had him TKO. I know this is not gonna change over night but if he can bulk up a little on muscle and get a little stronger work on some serious takedown defense i really think frank can win

I may get bashed but what you guys think?
nickcuc547
7/16/09 6:37:44PM
disagree, he got brock good but he wasn't in too much trouble, keep in mind that brock has a pair of boulders as hands
KUTTER
7/16/09 6:46:53PM
I think the only chance Mir had in that fight to TKO Lesnar would have been to capatilized quickly after he rocked him.I def agree with you that brock was hurt. I think that right there made him a whole new beast though,knowing he isnt invincible. After he got his composure back, i knew Mir was threw. That was a Lesnar I hadnt seen,to me seemed like he took the intensity up a few notches.
prozacnation1978
7/16/09 6:51:20PM
mir was doing alright on the feet but lousy on the ground,
i was suprised lesnar took the fight to the ground
Nightmare27
7/16/09 7:29:52PM
He caught Lesnar in that second round, but I dont think that he would have finished him on the feet. I was just disapointed with how bad Frank did on the ground.
GSPVSSILVA
7/16/09 7:39:03PM
This is what i keep saying. I believe Mir can out strike Brock. Mir's boxing look very impressive against big nog. I bet GSP was even impressed by his performance. and Brock, just because he has huge hands and arms doesn't mean he's a skilled striker. but it does mean he can knock you the **** out though.
postman
7/16/09 7:47:35PM

Posted by GSPVSSILVA

This is what i keep saying. I believe Mir can out strike Brock. Mir's boxing look very impressive against big nog. I bet GSP was even impressed by his performance. and Brock, just because he has huge hands and arms doesn't mean he's a skilled striker. but it does mean he can knock you the **** out though.

Your new so we will be nice but give me a break with the I bet GSP was impressed. Nuthugging is such a bad habit
GSPVSSILVA
7/16/09 8:01:29PM
Don't pay attention to the new guy. He's new to this website so he doesn't know anything. Probably just some kid. and it's "you're". and the GSP thing was more of a reference and not to be taken seriously. like me i guess, huh?
postman
7/16/09 8:07:24PM
No No I wasn't being that way at all but GSP has nothing to do with the conversation. Your oponion is welcome just like everyone elses but since you used him in your screenname and you mention him in a conversation that has nothing to do with him your going to get smashed for being a nuthugger. just the way it is on the playground. No one cares what GSP might have or not have felt about Mirs stand up. Hope theres no hard feeling just showing you the ropes.

edit

Thanks for the grammer lesson. Typing on the blackberry is such a pain.
Aaronno9
7/16/09 9:53:59PM
My feeling is if the fight had stayed standing Mir would of scored the TKO. You can never be sure though, one solid connection from Brock and it could well be lights out.
GSPVSSILVA
7/16/09 9:56:34PM
My bad. No hard feelings at all. I just couldn't come up with a screen name so i typed my most wanted fight. But the GSP thing was just a joke. was referencing his comments on Hughes after he beat Penn.
mrsmiley
7/16/09 10:06:43PM

Posted by bsh162007

I was just sitting here thinking and replaying the fight and what you guys think.. I think if Mir could have kept it standing longer after that 2nd takedown in the second round i think Mir could have had Brock in trouble because if you watch it when they get into the clinch in the 2nd Brock does look a little dazed it just makes me so mad he couldnt have stayed on the feet another 30 seconds I really think he would have had him TKO. I know this is not gonna change over night but if he can bulk up a little on muscle and get a little stronger work on some serious takedown defense i really think frank can win

I may get bashed but what you guys think?

When I saw that I actually thought Brock was going to drop (briefly).
george112
7/16/09 10:21:02PM
frank really impressed me with his stand up and i do agree that if he could have just avoided the ground all together he would have been alrite.i was so shocked as to how little movement mir initiated on the ground. the first time it went to the ground and lesnar had his arm around his neck mir was just laying there!! why?! he wasnt moving his lower body at all or thats what it looked like to me.he was just covering his face with his hands an getting haymakered.

jst my thoughts
Jackelope
7/17/09 1:35:33AM
I agree with the OP that more time on the feet spelled trouble for Lesnar. However, this is MMA... and it's all a part of the game. Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Better luck next time, Mir. I sincerely mean that, because I would love to see him KTFO Lesnar, lol
Drudinh
7/17/09 1:54:25AM
I'm gonna agree on you that he could have taken lesnar in that fight... But I'll disagree on future fights. Lesnar is still early in his career and has a lot of technique to learn and by the time Mir has another shot for the rubberband it is quite possible Lesnar would have grown near unstoppable. Though I'd route for Mir regardless.
loller90278
7/17/09 2:33:39AM

Posted by Jackelope

I agree with the OP that more time on the feet spelled trouble for Lesnar. However, this is MMA... and it's all a part of the game. Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Better luck next time, Mir. I sincerely mean that, because I would love to see him KTFO Lesnar, lol

is horse sheos and hand grenades your new favorite saying? saw you write that in another thread too
Kpro
7/17/09 3:19:00AM

Posted by Jackelope
Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Also in horse shoe hand grenades.

Jackelope
7/17/09 9:20:08AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Jackelope

is horse sheos and hand grenades your new favorite saying? saw you write that in another thread too

Sorry... I was an infantryman, so I specifically like that saying cuz unlike many people who say it I've actually thrown hand grenades at people before, LOL It's just kind of a personal inside joke that I find ironic every time I say it