Frank Mir on Lesnar: ‘I don’t think he’s physically capable of going 5 rounds’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir on Lesnar: ‘I don’t think he’s physically capable of going 5 rounds’
emfleek
7/6/09 1:38:32PM
Frank Mir is a man who has had his past life taken from him by tragedy. He had to give up his belt and was faced with a long road back to his title.

From encountering everything from doctors who said he would never fight again, the tremendous amount of rehab he had to face and overcome, clawing his way back to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division, to now facing a genetic freak who is at the last step to full redemption.

STORY
Twenty20Dollars
7/6/09 1:52:34PM
Is Mir capable of going 5 rounds?
emfleek
7/6/09 1:57:36PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Is Mir capable of going 5 rounds?

Ding. Me thinks not.
scobac
7/6/09 3:06:18PM
I think Mir is physically capable of going five, as long as he trains to go five. In the past Mir seems to have taken a page out of bj's book of fighting, that being he is so technical he dosnt think he needs to train for a war. I hope he trained for a war this time because he is going to get one.
finnish_line
7/6/09 3:50:03PM

Hey Frank, did you see Brock at the end of the Herring fight?

Hey Frank, have you seen tape of yourself in every fight, ever?
scoozna
7/6/09 4:47:19PM

Posted by scobac

I think Mir is physically capable of going five, as long as he trains to go five. In the past Mir seems to have taken a page out of bj's book of fighting, that being he is so technical he dosnt think he needs to train for a war. I hope he trained for a war this time because he is going to get one.

He certainly has all appearances of having trained more cardio than ever, he's been talking it up a good bit in interviews. But I still think he won't have enough past round 2.

I always have to add though, that I love Mir (but am betting against him), and if he pulls out the win, I'll be as happy as a pig in s***.
kopower
7/6/09 4:48:28PM

Posted by finnish_line

Hey Frank, did you see Brock at the end of the Herring fight?

Hey Frank, have you seen tape of yourself in every fight, ever?

Exactly. Doesn't matter if he can go 5 rounds cause this one aint getting past round 2
xdanish020
7/6/09 5:30:11PM
That's quite funny coming from Frank Mir....but I guess he can just blame it on his accident.
imanidiot777
7/6/09 6:37:03PM
I'm still not quite sure why everyone doubts Brock's cardio. Watch his training its disgusting. The only reason he looked tired after the first Mir fight was because it was his first UFC fight and, admittedly, his nerves were running wild. In the Herring fight he was much more controlled and he lasted just fine through three rounds even though there wasn't much of an opposition. In the Randy fight it was his first title shot and again you could see how nervous he was and his breathing was shallow from the start. He is ready to go now, I can see him being fine through at least three and probably being able to last five if he had to.

I don't see how this fight gets out of the second round though. By then either Mir subs him or Mir has no head left on his shoulders.
whardin19
7/6/09 7:08:49PM
Ha ha ha!!! I like Mire and Lesnar both. So I'm biased when I say there's no way in hell this one goes five rounds!!!
prozacnation1978
7/6/09 10:35:54PM
neither are you frankie!!!!!!!!!
Twenty20Dollars
7/7/09 12:45:22AM
I think lesnar could go 5 rounds. If he just took mir down for the 5 rounds, ground n pound, lay n prey. Something like that.
mentalcase
7/7/09 12:47:58AM
this fight more than likely will end in rd one ether frank by sub or lesner by tko take ur pick