Frank Mir getting buff for Brock Lesnar rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir getting buff for Brock Lesnar rematch
MMAcca
4/24/09 2:44:41PM
“If you train all the time, it’s easy to peak out and get strong. But if you just try to be a weekend warrior at this sport, it ain’t gonna happen…. After the Brandon Vera fight I just really changed everything up and decided that that’s not how I wanted to go out in my career… Our biggest argument right now is they keep trying to get me out of the gym. They’re saying right now I’m doing too many rounds, my conditioning’s at too high of a level for this far out of the fight. And now they’re starting to panic that I’m going to burn out…. My body fat percentage is pretty obvious if you look at me right now.”

LINK
StorminYourman
4/24/09 3:12:30PM
made me lol .For a cocky guy like that to have such confidence is pretty amazing :D

His confidence and conditioning appear to be at record levels

postman
4/24/09 3:35:21PM
Frank Mir keeps up his training I think he will be in p4p talks his ground is sick and he had real nice hands agianst Nog if all the Hype is true Brock is done.
tdietel01
4/24/09 3:55:40PM
He can buff up all he wants, still not gonna be stronger or as strong as brock
Twenty20Dollars
4/24/09 4:39:57PM
Im still picking brock to win. Though it is nice to see Mir coming back after the accident and getting into that top form. He has a lot of potential.

If only someone could keep his ego in check, then i would probably like him. but that prolly wont happen.
Wolf
4/24/09 4:44:30PM

Posted by tdietel01

He wasn't the first time they fought either. Randy wasn't stronger either, and he was beating Brock until he got caught. Mir by late sub because Brock will be gassed by round 4 and Mir won't.
PABLOMAFIOSO
4/24/09 4:52:15PM
I can't see this fight lasting that long at all. I predict a Quick KO for Brock or sub for Mir. Should be a good one though!
ThePlague
4/24/09 7:00:57PM
Little change of Frank's usual mind games of spreading rumors that he's injured before a fight, this time it's rumors he's fit. Should be a kickass fight, I can't freaking wait!
tdietel01
4/24/09 8:41:37PM

Posted by Wolf

Posted by tdietel01

He wasn't the first time they fought either. Randy wasn't stronger either, and he was beating Brock until he got caught. Mir by late sub because Brock will be gassed by round 4 and Mir won't.

IMO the first win was a fluke, doubt it will happen again. I seriously doubt lesnar will gas before mir (partly because i dont think it will last that long) I think lesnar has alot better tank than mir and that could be mirs downfall.

Question for the people that would know. Wont putting on muscle effect mirs tank?
Manak
4/24/09 10:44:02PM
there is to much of an experience gap, mir should take this by sub
mentalcase
4/24/09 11:33:41PM
mir should win by first rd sub again

anyone who says the kneebar was a fluke is not even worth arguing with
Wolf
4/25/09 3:50:58AM

Posted by tdietel01

Posted by Wolf

Posted by tdietel01

IMO the first win was a fluke, doubt it will happen again. I seriously doubt lesnar will gas before mir (partly because i dont think it will last that long) I think lesnar has alot better tank than mir and that could be mirs downfall.

Question for the people that would know. Wont putting on muscle effect mirs tank?

Brock gassed hard by the 3rd against Randy. Mir didn't even look the slightest bit gassed against Nog ever. The days of flabby out of shape Mir are long over.
mentalcase
4/25/09 5:28:51AM

Posted by Wolf

Brock gassed hard by the 3rd against Randy. Mir didn't even look the slightest bit gassed against Nog ever. The days of flabby out of shape Mir are long over.

by the 3rd rd against randy Brock was getting interviewed by joe cause he tko him in the 2nd
Manak
4/25/09 6:26:01AM

Posted by mentalcase

mir should win by first rd sub again

anyone who says the kneebar was a fluke is not even worth arguing with

yupe no way mir should lose this no matter how much a physical being brock is cause the BJJ level & plain exp is to much on mir's side. & the knee bar was awesome, u could see mire settin that up while hooking brock's leg
warglory
4/25/09 2:44:24PM

Posted by Manak

there is to much of an experience gap, mir should take this by sub

Uhhh, did you see the Brock/Couture fight?
emfleek
4/27/09 9:04:32AM
The only time this fight will go the ground is when Mir gets knocked up side the head by one of Brock's cinder block fists. Brock will rush in and finish him and WILL NOT make the same mistake he made the first time they fought.

Late R1 TKO for Lesnar.