Frank Mir on the difference between beating Brock and possibly Minotauro

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Frank Mir on the difference between beating Brock and possibly Minotauro
MMAcca
12/19/08 11:42:21AM
“Beating Nogueira would be so significant to me, because of who he is. He’s a legend in our sport. Whether he wins or loses his next fight, he’s the Minotauro. Brock hasn’t earned that yet. Brock’s not a legend in our sport. He’s not even an icon in our sport yet. He’s an entertainer who is famous and who’s had a slight amount of success in our sport with two wins. Nogueira, I don’t have to say anything else about him. Just say his name and you get a reaction, you see the respect. Anyone who knows even a little bit about this sport knows what he’s about.”

LINK
SpiderSilva
12/19/08 12:34:52PM
I respect that name shit all you have to say is Big Nog
postman
12/19/08 12:43:28PM
That was said very well by Frank. He never put Brock down and held Nog up very high. From a guy who was put out there to be very hard somewhat disrespectful guy on this season of tuff, I have to admit my bad feelings of Mir have changed a bit.
kasual
12/19/08 1:31:53PM
Nice to see Mir showing Nog the respect he has earned. There had been some trash talk by Mir before the fight, although I suspect that Dana engineers a lot of that. Now, when Nog beats Mir, I wont be cheering quite as hard. What Mir seems to forget is that his spot in this heavy tourney is pretty much a fluke. He was just in the right place at the right time and, had Brock finished him, he would just be another milestone in Brock's meteoric rise. Maybe Mir knows this, probably why he is taking every endorsement opportunity the UFC is giving him, gotta get paid while he's back in the spotlight. Looking forward to a possible tilt between him and Randy, stands to reason that would be the match-up when the dust settles.
zephead
12/19/08 1:35:44PM

Posted by kasual

Nice to see Mir showing Nog the respect he has earned. There had been some trash talk by Mir before the fight, although I suspect that Dana engineers a lot of that. Now, when Nog beats Mir, I wont be cheering quite as hard. What Mir seems to forget is that his spot in this heavy tourney is pretty much a fluke. He was just in the right place at the right time and, had Brock finished him, he would just be another milestone in Brock's meteoric rise. Maybe Mir knows this, probably why he is taking every endorsement opportunity the UFC is giving him, gotta get paid while he's back in the spotlight. Looking forward to a possible tilt between him and Randy, stands to reason that would be the match-up when the dust settles.

Another bad matchup for Randy
Manak
12/19/08 7:00:19PM
the show really made Mir sound like a duche but in the past and now he has always been respectfull so i assume it is the editing. I think mir could give Big nog a run for his money but he seems really intimated by his legacy so I am leanin my pick towards nog
Twenty20Dollars
12/19/08 8:59:34PM
I think Mir should just stop talking until he fights. Ever since beating Brock and being on TUF, Mir has gotten very cocky.
thefightexpo
12/19/08 9:53:18PM
Can't wait for this matchup
ncordless
12/19/08 10:46:43PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by kasual

Another bad matchup for Randy

I don't see it that way. I have always thought since this HW tourney got started that...
Randy wins against Mir and Nog
Nog wins against Brock and Mir
Brock wins against Randy... (even though I changed my pick at the last sec because I couldn't stand the thought)
Mir wins against Brock (obviously)

... and Fedor pwns all