Frank Mir......

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Frank Mir......
Biggz
12/12/09 3:11:57PM
i don't know if this is considered fighter bashing or not but damn i hope he gets tapped out! he just talks to much ****. every fighter going into a fight will try and hype it and say they will knock the other out but it seems mir has taken it to the next level with Kongo, really just disrespecting him as a person and as a fighter.

Long story short, Mirs head got way to big off of his win over Big Nog, and Mir knows the situation and know a healthy Nog would MURDER mir, but of course he will not admit it. So i really hope he gets KTFO! or even better submitted!

WAR KONGO over mir!!
Twenty20Dollars
12/12/09 3:44:49PM
I couldnt agree more. I hate guys like Frank who just talk and talk. Im hoping this will be like UFC 100 where Hendo KO'ed Bisping. Only here Kongo does it to Mir.

hotrodttt
12/12/09 3:54:28PM
I find it more likely that Walt Disney would come back to life than Kongo tapping Mir lol
jae_1833
12/12/09 5:40:59PM
And for some reason I don't think Mir talks bad at all, just cocky...way differerant from Tito. I never hear Mir talking like he is disrespectful, just that he thinks way highly of himself, Tito bothers me because of the post fight excuses.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/12/09 5:47:41PM
WAR KONGO!!!!!

although i do have a certain feeling mir will take this one, i have kongo picked and everything, i feel like i should pull off a last minute change
Gladiator
12/12/09 7:22:07PM

Posted by Biggz

Long story short, Mirs head got way to big off of his win over Big Nog, and Mir knows the situation and know a healthy Nog would MURDER mir, but of course he will not admit it. So i really hope he gets KTFO! or even better submitted!

WAR KONGO over mir!!

So true. It sux because, before the nog fight, i dont remember mir talking trash on his opponents and i actually somewhat liked the guy. Ever since that win over nog though his head has been in the clouds. I thought that humiliating destruction at the hands of brock lesnar would have brought him back down to earth but he seems more arrogant than ever and actually is talking smack about kongo. someone needs to take him off his high horse...

WAR Kongo
cowcatcher
12/12/09 7:28:26PM
mirs attitude bothers me too, so even though my heart says kongo, my head says mir will sub him.
tcunningham
12/12/09 9:59:11PM
Mir's definitely full of himself, but he seems like he doesnt want to disrespect other fighters as mush as he wants to tell everyone how good he is
submissionartist1
12/13/09 1:05:22AM
He backed it up with a huge punch and almost ripped kongos head off...
Rip_The_Jacker
12/13/09 1:14:44AM
Mir is good, kongo is not.
kevietre
12/13/09 1:14:59AM
MIR will beat Lesnar in 2011.
emfleek
12/13/09 2:09:03AM

Posted by kevietre

I'll put my avatar on the line for 1 year if/when this fight happens.
prozacnation1978
12/13/09 2:34:53AM
u should meet mir in person, he is arrogant
jiujitsufreak74
12/13/09 2:50:20AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

he doesn't hide i very well hahaha
IriShame
12/13/09 5:33:22AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kevietre

I'll take you up on that.
Jackelope
12/13/09 9:54:56AM
If people don't like Mir that is fine. To say he's not talented is just wrong, though.

I know I'm in a very small group of people on the planet when I say I'm a Frank Mir fan. That's perfectly fine by me.

However, Mir has plenty of talent to back up his cocky attitude. You almost have to understand why the attitude is there and how it's helped him throughout his career. Without being a cocky SOB who completely believes in himself he likely never would have come back from his motorcycle wreck injuries. Also- you're going to be hard pressed to find 6'3" 250 lb. guys who aren't cocky. Shane Carwin is a very rare breed. Guys like Lesnar, Kongo, Yvel, Barnett, etc. etc. are the norm when it comes to huge athletic dudes who can brawl. I really don't see Frank Mir as any different. Except he articulates himself a bit better than most of those guys.
The_Metal_Maniac
12/13/09 11:31:13AM
I think Frank Mir is a great hype machine. He knows how to sell a fight, and to make people interested in a one sided fight. I think he enjoys the roll of the bad guy most of the time. I personally enjoy his brashness, and his arrogance. In the fight world I would expect someone to be confident. His confidence shows through by simply not respecting his opponent. If in his head he believes no one can beat him, then great that's the exact mind set he should have. Also to say a healthy Nog would destroy Mir is pure speculation, and I would love to see that fight. Mir FTW.
bjj1605
12/13/09 12:03:56PM

Posted by Biggz

i don't know if this is considered fighter bashing or not but damn i hope he gets tapped out! he just talks to much ****. every fighter going into a fight will try and hype it and say they will knock the other out but it seems mir has taken it to the next level with Kongo, really just disrespecting him as a person and as a fighter.

WAR KONGO over mir!!

I find this thread extremely satisfying considering how the fight went

Mir looked absolutely amazing. He crushed Kongo. He crushed Nog. He crushed Brock and he will again. I also couldn't disagree more. I thought Mir was just going through the usual pre-fight banter and Kongo got worked up for no reason. I'm glad Mir dropped him like that and then put him to sleep.
RyanC
12/13/09 12:54:08PM

Posted by bjj1605
He crushed Brock and he will again.

What fight did you watch? I wouldn't count the first one as "crushed" and in the second fight his face was turned into hamburger. I don't even like Brock, but crushed? really? I don't think so.

Frank looked great last night, but I hope this is just another set up for his fall. Frank is an arrogant jerk. I don't know that he is really that way truly, but that is the way he acts in regards to his career, and his opponents. Maybe it's all just some kind WWE type of act, but he'd have a lot more fans if he didn't do it. I used to like Frank, but his trash talk, and his arrogance turned me off. Too bad Kongo didn't have a better showing last night. I take my cap off to Frank though, he looked outstanding. He seems poised for a run at the title again. Makes me sick to my stomach to think of him actually holding the belt again. We will never hear the end of it.
Gladiator
12/13/09 2:10:28PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Every person i know who has met him in person has said the same thing. Some people are misinterpreting, i have no problem with a fighter who is confident or cocky. However, there is a big difference between confidence and arrogance. Mir blatently discredited kongo in his prefight interviews and has been talking like the beating he took from brock was a complete fluke and that is what bothers me personally. in no way would i ever deny his talent, the man has skill and some of the best jiu-jitsu at HW but his attitude i cant stand.
kevietre
12/13/09 4:01:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kevietre

Sure. keep in touch
BustedKnuckle
12/13/09 4:06:25PM
I personally dont like the way Mir carries himself outside of the cage, but his work inside the cage is what has won me over as a fan. He is always improving his game and now his conditioning in up to snuff with his talent. Mir will regain his title. He looks like a beast and damn near took Kongos head off. It the best Mir we have ever seen and he is only getting better