Franca vs. Griffin UFC 103 Fight Demoted to Prelim

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Franca vs. Griffin UFC 103 Fight Demoted to Prelim
DCRage
8/3/09 10:16:40AM
If Tyson Griffin takes another Fight Of The Night award, and he's got a good chance of it against Hermes Franca at UFC 103, the PPV crowd may not see it. Despite Griffin being 5-1 in his last 6 fights with 5 FOTN awards in 8 UFC fights, the fight has been demoted from PPV to prelim, leaving 5 cards on the PPV part of the card.

Article
prozacnation1978
8/3/09 10:45:03AM
i already posted this , sucks don't it!!!
EpicTerran
8/3/09 11:31:13AM
This is awful news. Tyson Griffin deserves so much better. What more can the UFC ask from this guy? He's 6-2 in the UFC, and like you said FIVE Fight Of The Night awards, 2 of which he was awarded in defeat. He not only puts on an exciting fight, but he showcases a lot of skill everywhere the fight goes. In my opinion if he beats Hermes , he should fight the loser of Penn/Florian for a title shot. They are doing him Jon Fitch dirty.
xphycorx
8/3/09 1:01:43PM
escudero/miller stays on the main card? why? because they were both on tuf. it's pretty ridiculous.
cowcatcher
8/3/09 1:23:42PM

Posted by xphycorx

escudero/miller stays on the main card? why? because they were both on tuf. it's pretty ridiculous.

its because efrain won the show, but id MUCH rather see franca/griffin or sherk/tibau
whardin19
8/3/09 2:54:28PM
Cant Franca vs. Griffin take the Sherk vs. Tibau spot? Sherk/Tibau is going to be a boring ass fight. Although Franca/Griffin could be the same. I don't see Griffin wanting to keep this fight standing for long. But when is standing it should be exciting. Sherk/Tibau is going to be a LnP fest.
cowcatcher
8/3/09 3:00:08PM
sherk/tibau is a prelim man
sclasclemski
8/4/09 6:39:41AM
Thats really a shame...those two guys deserve main card status...
prozacnation1978
8/4/09 9:39:46AM
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

UFC TODAY PUT TYSON VS HERMES BOUT BACK ON AND TOOK OFF THE MILLER VS ESCUDERO FIGHT BACK TO A PRELIM