Fox Sports Introduces Ref Cam for UFC on Fox 4

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fox Sports Introduces Ref Cam for UFC on Fox 4
Card
8/1/12 7:27:14PM
Fox released a press statement on Wednesday about the Ref Cam, which it will introduce at Saturday’s UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera event at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The Ref Cam will bring fans “to a place they’ve never been – inside the Octagon, within inches of the fighters battling in the cage.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/fox-sports-introduces-ref-cam-for-ufc-on-fox-4
Aether
8/1/12 7:33:53PM
Can't wait to see these guys with the little helmet cams like the PRIDE refs used to wear, lol.

Just picture Herb Dean with a little white retard helmet with a camera strapped to the top of it.

-edit-
awwwwwwwww, they're doing it James Bond style with a button camera.
pmoney
8/1/12 7:45:37PM

Nothing like bringing back an old classic! Everyone can appreciate the ref cam!
shaneTpain
8/1/12 7:49:16PM
YESSS!
Cant wait to see the brutal near-death beat downs Josh Rothensal is gonna watch (& not stop).
Twenty20Dollars
8/1/12 7:57:04PM
Is it just going to be used for replays?

Because I wouldn't like seeing the ref's view mid-fight.
prophecy033
8/1/12 8:00:34PM
It's probably gonna be a little one that clips on to the reds shirt with the wire running under his/her shirt
sparky
8/1/12 8:02:32PM

Posted by pmoney

Nothing like bringing back an old classic! Everyone can appreciate the ref cam!

Love this
george112
8/1/12 8:19:29PM
Awesome!

Can't wait to see it in action. Although we may only see it not so often
Manak
8/1/12 8:52:02PM
should be some coo views but i can only see them showing us the view when there is a stoppage and it will prb be when they r showing the finish replays
FastKnockout
8/1/12 9:23:32PM
Now work on those yellow cards!
tcunningham
8/1/12 10:49:32PM
hopefully they put some serious time into this. the ref cam could be really awesome with the right equipment. that shit better be HD!
bjj1605
8/1/12 10:55:55PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Is it just going to be used for replays?

Because I wouldn't like seeing the ref's view mid-fight.

I agree. Sometimes ref cams can suck.

I don't know how long the truck delay is on UFC events (standard 7 seconds?) but they need to give the guys in the truck enough time to pick the best angle if they really want to commit to this.
Chael_Sonnen
8/1/12 11:58:56PM
Grrrreat - - - now we can REALLY see the ref's screw-ups
Pookie
8/2/12 2:07:01AM
Yes. Pride. Someone's going to make a killer Highlight with this type of footage.
tmas
8/2/12 3:51:26PM
eh im not to excited for this quite the other way around, i never seen a ref cam that was done well its usually low quality, with to much cam movement it kinda hurts my head lol. Besides it not like the cams are far away, there usually right by and over the cage.

HOWEVER

if its done well i think it will be awesome.