UFC On Fox Report Card- ESPN

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC On Fox Report Card- ESPN
Poor_Franklin
11/14/11 1:52:01PM
ESPN.com's Josh Gross covers things that people are saying about Saturday that he agrees with & things that people are saying that he disagrees. with. Pretty good read from a mainstream sports site.

UFC Fox Report Card- ESPN
emfleek
11/14/11 2:07:00PM

4. Mistake: not airing Clay Guida versus Ben Henderson.
The decision was set in stone, and there was no way to change that on fight night, but you have to imagine that UFC and Fox executives are bummed that Guida's war with Henderson wasn't available to a nationwide television audience. One astute fan suggested a highlight package of undercard fights should have been included on the broadcast, and I certainly would have preferred that to listening to White lambaste Velasquez for his game plan.

That astute fan? Me on Twitter.

Posted by @mmaplayground on Twitter

I would have liked to have seen a highlight reel of the undercard fights to fill time. It wouldn't have hurt one bit.

Posted by @JoshGrossESPN on Twitter

Agree.

Poor_Franklin
11/14/11 2:08:53PM

Posted by emfleek

4. Mistake: not airing Clay Guida versus Ben Henderson.
The decision was set in stone, and there was no way to change that on fight night, but you have to imagine that UFC and Fox executives are bummed that Guida's war with Henderson wasn't available to a nationwide television audience. One astute fan suggested a highlight package of undercard fights should have been included on the broadcast, and I certainly would have preferred that to listening to White lambaste Velasquez for his game plan.

That astute fan? Me on Twitter.

Posted by @mmaplayground on Twitter

I would have liked to have seen a highlight reel of the undercard fights to fill time. It wouldn't have hurt one bit.

Posted by @JoshGrossESPN on Twitter

Agree.

You gonna be famous!
grappler0000
11/14/11 3:13:35PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by emfleek

You gonna be famous!

Just like JDS! Anyone else catch the Post Fight Press Conference?
emfleek
11/14/11 3:15:41PM

Posted by grappler0000

Yep. Great moment, too.
Geoffo
11/14/11 3:16:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by emfleek

You gonna be famous!

Cain during the moment = Pokerface.
scoozna
11/14/11 4:04:43PM
Good article. I especially like the report card on the individual fighters at the bottom.
Budgellism
11/14/11 4:36:42PM
Excellent article from Gross.
tmas
11/14/11 5:32:13PM
love it
cjocksmall
11/14/11 10:34:00PM
i have to admit that after listening to 30 minutes of build up i turned it over when the fight was over. Dana does alot really well but he doesnt need to be on that fox panel. They can get his take from another location. i watched on facebook and thought it was a good show even though the main event was a little fishy. cain was hit in the ear and went down. He it looked like all other shots were glancing blows that went off his shoulders or missed completely yet he rolled over and gave up. i may be way off but that was my first instinct when i saw the fight and i havnt thought that about any ufc fight since franklin vs shamrock
tcunningham
11/15/11 3:19:58AM
i think cain was done. however, i am kinda pissed it went the way it did. to much talk not enough fighting. the uneducated fan that knows nothing about the ufc will tune in for the violence not the chit chat, it human nature.