UFC on FOX 5 gets Henderson-Diaz title fight, Gustafsson-Rua, Penn-MacDonald

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FOX 5 gets Henderson-Diaz title fight, Gustafsson-Rua, Penn-MacDonald
« Previous Page
airkerma
8/15/12 1:33:56PM

Posted by lll-lll

Awesome card already. Now comes the waiting game to see who gets "injured." Im predicting Shogun.

Of course, good for nothing Severus Snape is nowhere to be found when there's a troll in the dungeon.
meier
8/15/12 1:38:26PM
Stizacked card yo
JoeWarren33
8/15/12 1:42:22PM
Now these are the type of fights, us fans deserve to watch on network tv :)
Boo_Radley21
8/15/12 2:28:40PM
If this actually happens it has potential to be a great card. If
Franklinfan47
8/15/12 5:12:03PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Sweet baby jesus, we get this free?

At the rate we've been seeing lately, injuries will likely take atleast one match up out. But...

1.War Diaz.

2.Give Gusty a title shot if he wins.

3.War Rory
hotrodttt
8/15/12 6:35:24PM
I love the Gust/Rua match up, it'll be a barn burner for sure. I gotta go with Gustafsson though, he's too fast for Rua.
crushedbacon
8/15/12 7:09:05PM
Good stuff UFC, finally put a card out that I would happily pay $60 for and you serve it up for free...
babalu46
8/15/12 8:26:58PM
Great card and I definitely hope Gus takes that final step to top contender status.
Budgellism
8/15/12 9:17:33PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Adrenaline

Sweet baby jesus, we get this free?

At the rate we've been seeing lately, injuries will likely take atleast one match up out. But...

1.War Diaz.

2.Give Gusty a title shot if he wins.

3.War Rory

This sums it up pretty nicely.
RhythmAndStyle
8/16/12 12:53:02AM
WOW!..and i aint said that for a minute now..i can only pray that this comes somewhere near me..i'll be there in a heart beat!...
lohmann
8/16/12 3:19:05AM
Randy Couture recently called out Steven Seagal. I wonder if that is going to fill the open slot.

Does anyone think this fight card outdoes the first UFC on Fox card in ratings? (That number was 5.7 million; UFC on Fox 4, by contrast, pulled in 2.44 million.)

Considering the positive reviews from the last UFC on Fox and the name value Nate Diaz has, with some promotion from Fox themselves, I can definitely see this drawing in a strong audience. That's a big if though; Fox has been reluctant to throw any promotional muscle behind the UFC since the UFC has used their network programming to promote fights that are not exactly the biggest and greatest.
Cooler
8/16/12 3:21:05AM
I've got Diaz.. and then Shogun and BJ both by KO
FlashyG
8/16/12 3:26:24AM

Posted by lohmann

Randy Couture recently called out Steven Seagal. I wonder if that is going to fill the open slot.

I bet it would be both more competitive and more anticipated than Couture vs Toney.
aussiemma
8/16/12 6:35:35AM
steven seagal's movies are allegedly all about his real life experience......according to steven seagal
bjj1605
8/16/12 9:38:03AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

McCall vs Sylvia

midget vs bear

Personally, I think Gonzaga would be a better bear. You have to take into account the hair factor.

On a more serious note.....

DAMN!!!! This is an amazing card.

Maybe this is the UFC's way of making up for some of the injuries that have been plaguing cards lately?

I really like Gustafsson-Rua. Shogun didn't look good against Vera and he needs to prove that he's still one of the top guys in the division. Gustafsson is an absolute monster and if he beats Shogun (an all time great) then he will be a great title challenger for Jon Jones (or dare I say Dan Henderson??)
Pages: 1 [2]