UFC on FOX 5 bonuses: Jorgensen nets $130,000, Edwards, Albert get $65,000 each

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FOX 5 bonuses: Jorgensen nets $130,000, Edwards, Albert get $65,000 each
FastKnockout
12/8/12 11:59:57PM
SEATTLE – Yves Edwards and John Albert earned $65,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC on FOX 5 event, and Scott Jorgensen doubled up with $130,000 in bonus cash.

Link
FastKnockout
12/9/12 12:01:36AM
I wouldn't be upset if Henderson/Diaz won FOTN but I figured Cruickshank's kick was the clear KOTN.
Budgellism
12/9/12 12:03:30AM
Good for Scotty but I don't agree with that FOTN at all. I thought the Ramsey/Proctor fight was more entertaining and so was the Shogun/Gus fight.
emfleek
12/9/12 12:06:42AM
MY PICKS.

KOTN: Cruickshank (anyone that says otherwise is clearly drunk. That was fucking sick.)

SOTN: Jorgensen

FOTN: Brown/Swick
isk
12/9/12 12:23:34AM
First off, I'm glad Scotty got paid. He's an animal and a cool guy. And it's very possible that Albert's getting cut after this, so that bonus might be the last he sees for a while.

That said, I was guessing Gustafsson/Shogun or Nijem/Proctor would get FOTN. Each was longer with more exchanges on the feet, and while Jorgensen's GnP was really good, Albert didn't seem to fight the RNC too much.

Edwards getting KOTN is justifiable considering who he knocked out and how. Cruickshanks' head kick will be one of his career highlights, and not to take anything away from it but it was a bit like watching a panther maul a wounded gazelle. We were just waiting for it to happen, while the Edwards KO was out of nowhere.

Bear in mind though that Cruickshank is likely getting an undisclosed bonus, plus he made a huge statement and set himself up to get a good fight soon. He's fine.
prophecy033
12/9/12 12:27:16AM
Good for Jorgensen
Twenty20Dollars
12/9/12 12:30:17AM
KOTN: Daron, then Brown, then Edwards.

But I'm sure they'll be taken care of.
DrivenDavies15
12/9/12 3:08:18AM
Just got back from Seattle, awesome fights! I would have to say either Bendo/Diaz or Cruikshank/Martinez for FOTN and KOTN should have been Daron for sure.

Scotty sure was happy he got paid, saw him inside the press building as he got the phone call, he was jumping up and down with a big grin lol.
Bubbles
12/9/12 7:11:22AM
I am getting sick and tired of these 1 round FOTN awards. And Cruickshank not getting KOTN is a travesty
prozacnation1978
12/9/12 7:48:49AM
Cruishank should have gotten knock out of the night
emfleek
12/9/12 8:40:10AM

Posted by Bubbles

I am getting sick and tired of these 1 round FOTN awards.

An action packed round of action is VERY worthy of FOTN, IMO. I see nothing wrong with 1-round FOTN awards personally.
Sir_Karl
12/9/12 11:32:09AM
I am not sure how you can even give just one KO of the night when there were three worthy KOs. Nobody seems to think Matt Brown's KO of Swick was worthy?
Franklinfan47
12/9/12 11:51:28AM
There were enough good fights that they could have spread the money around, rather than pouring it all on one guy. Why not give FOTN to Cruickshank and Martinez to make up for his lack of KOTN?
jay98107
12/9/12 12:07:14PM
Cruickshank should have got KOTN, but I'm incredibly happy for Yves. I just about screamed my lungs out when he knocked out Stephens. I thought Rogan seemed super happy for Yves as well.
Gogoplatapus
12/9/12 12:11:45PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

There were enough good fights that they could have spread the money around, rather than pouring it all on one guy. Why not give FOTN to Cruickshank and Martinez to make up for his lack of KOTN?

Reward the guy who missed weight and got destroyed with FOTN? Maybe guaranteed Cut of the Night.

You have to remember that winning OTN bonuses is leverage for fighters. So passing on publicly giving Cruickshank KOTN is probably strategic. Even Nijem/Proctor for FOTN although not as clear cut as Cruickshanks.
Franklinfan47
12/9/12 12:54:28PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by Franklinfan47

Reward the guy who missed weight and got destroyed with FOTN? Maybe guaranteed Cut of the Night.

You have to remember that winning OTN bonuses is leverage for fighters. So passing on publicly giving Cruickshank KOTN is probably strategic. Even Nijem/Proctor for FOTN although not as clear cut as Cruickshanks.

Well I didnt factor politics into my decision. I think the awards should be based on the fights themselves, apart from anything else, even if they arent. Martinez hung in there with some powerful shots in that first round and never stopped swinging.

Nijem vs Procter was also deserving.

Budgellism
12/9/12 1:23:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Bubbles

An action packed round of action is VERY worthy of FOTN, IMO. I see nothing wrong with 1-round FOTN awards personally.

I don't either but I don't think this was action packed enough to skip over Rua/Gus or Ramsey/Proctor. I thought both of those fights were clearly better. I hope they got some sort of backstage bonuses.
Bubbles
12/9/12 10:07:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Bubbles

if the card was full of Hamill/Hollett type fights, then yeah. But when you had a bunch of 3 round wars, how can you give it to a < 5 minute performance?
emfleek
12/9/12 10:30:40PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Bubbles

if the card was full of Hamill/Hollett type fights, then yeah. But when you had a bunch of 3 round wars, how can you give it to a < 5 minute performance?

Rory/BJ = beatdown
Gus/Shogun = meh. Nothing special. Typical 30-27.
Diaz/Hendo = beatdown
Siver/Phan = beatdown
Nijem/Proctor = good fight...wouldn't argue if it was FOTN
Assuncao/Easton = meh.

Where are all these 3 round wars? Most were one-sided fights or lackluster performances IMO.
Bubbles
12/10/12 11:46:06AM

Posted by emfleek
Rory/BJ = beatdown

Where are all these 3 round wars? Most were one-sided fights or lackluster performances IMO.

those 3 were more deserving imo. Both Shogun and Penn landed a decent amount of shots that stumbled Gus and Rory and it wasn't as one sided as the scores indicated.
emfleek
12/10/12 1:57:28PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by emfleek
Rory/BJ = beatdown

those 3 were more deserving imo. Both Shogun and Penn landed a decent amount of shots that stumbled Gus and Rory and it wasn't as one sided as the scores indicated.

Totally disagree.

And Rory/BJ was lopsided as shit dude.
Shawn91111
12/10/12 2:07:08PM
nm
BuffaloDave
12/10/12 2:13:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by emfleek
Rory/BJ = beatdown

Totally disagree.

I have to agree with Fleek here

BJ and Shogun had decent/good 1st rounds in each of their fights, but lost the last two rounds of their fights, BJ obviously way more than Shogun.
Bubbles
12/10/12 3:05:17PM

Posted by emfleek

the fact that BJ got his ass kicked made it my FOTN