UFC on FOX 2's Munoz: Cancel security detail, Sonnen won't be fighting in Brazil.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FOX 2's Munoz: Cancel security detail, Sonnen won't be fighting in Brazil.
Lesnar1
12/23/11 4:49:45AM
It should have happened. It hasn't happened. It'll eventually happen.

The rematch between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen is fait accompli in the eyes of many fans and pundits, and Mark Munoz knows it.

But if he has anything to say about it, Brazil's public enemy No. 1 will never get the opportunity to travel south of the equator to fight Silva on his home turf, where a mid-2012 event is possible for his return.

Link
MaxOne
12/23/11 11:52:54AM
Does Munoz have a great triangle choke that I don't know about? It's hard to see Munoz winning this.
Chael_Sonnen
12/23/11 12:35:29PM
Not only will Chael be fighting in Brazil, Munoz will be leaving the octagon Jan 28 in a body bag.
airkerma
12/23/11 12:39:55PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Not only will Chael be fighting in Brazil, Munoz will be leaving the octagon Jan 28 in a body bag.

I see Chael winning but this is going to be a close fight.
Lesnar1
12/23/11 12:51:15PM

Posted by MaxOne

Does Munoz have a great triangle choke that I don't know about? It's hard to see Munoz winning this.

This fight could end up being a striking battle, because Munoz & Sonnen both are great wrestlers so it won't be to easy for either to garner a takedown, that being said Chael easily took down, Okami, Marquardt, Andy and has shown he is capable of taking down anyone at MW, but I think Munoz is one of the best wrestlers in the MW division and will be able to handle himself well when Chael shoots in on him.
KungFuMaster
12/23/11 3:35:14PM
I like both of these guys so I'm just going to say this - I like Sonnen'schances better.
Poor_Franklin
12/23/11 3:35:53PM
this fight will be very close. winner will win 29-28 or a SD
sbulldavid
12/23/11 10:10:55PM
This is a very interesting fight but I think Chael flows more natural and is the better MMA wrestler, I think Chael takes a decision if he doesn't get knocked out in the first two rounds.
kingsmasher
12/23/11 11:03:32PM
Well in the scheme of things and money to be made I think a Chael Silva has got to happen for big money and play in a stadium for 100000 in Brazil....So I dont see Chael losing...However I think Munoz could win this fight if its a "fair" fight...Munoz striking is way better and he can avoid a TD for sure...

Is this fight a 5 rounder? I mean I am just saying I know I can look that will be a game changer...I wish it would be though..