If they fought again now(at HW) who would win? Chuck Liddell Vs Randy Couture

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If they fought again now(at HW) who would win? Chuck Liddell Vs Randy Couture
POLL: Chuck Liddell Vs Randy Couture 4
Liddell T(KO) 51% (18)
Liddell Sub 0% (0)
Liddell Dec 0% (0)
Couture T(KO) 26% (9)
Couture Sub 3% (1)
Couture Dec 20% (7)
mentalcase
10/23/08 8:40:42AM
Discuss how you think it would play out
gsquat
10/23/08 10:05:57AM
Chuck KO/TKO. After Brock beats Randy, who knows. You might see this matchup again.
Sledge23
10/23/08 10:49:19AM
Chuck should win, but hes getting old. But Randy is even older. Neither of the two are what they used to be. IT would be a good fight
cmb19932
10/23/08 10:54:31AM
its the fight evryone would want to see then be very disapointed that randy destroyed chuck it would go like this take down for randy and mount and punches and tko
emfleek
10/23/08 11:16:18AM

Posted by cmb19932

its the fight evryone would want to see then be very disapointed that randy destroyed chuck it would go like this take down for randy and mount and punches and tko

You're right. Just like the last 2 fights.

Wallass
10/23/08 11:32:02AM
Im gonna go with Randy by Decision. I think Chucks mindset must be bad right now as was Randy`s when they fought the 2nd and 3rd fight.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/23/08 1:30:29PM

Posted by Wallass

Im gonna go with Randy by Decision. I think Chucks mindset must be bad right now as was Randy`s when they fought the 2nd and 3rd fight.

Why would of randys mindset been bad before the 2nd fight? He had the confidence from beating chuck the first time and Just beat tito.

chuck by decision or tko.
fullerene
10/23/08 1:51:56PM
It's an interesting question. Unfortunately I think the answer probably has more to do with how well preserved each guy is since they last fought than it does with their relative skill level or with the weight class they fight in.

We've seen both guys win so we know either is a possibility. Chuck won the last two times by KO so that should be the starting point for the discussion--has anything changed to make this outcome less likely the next time they fight? I think it has. Chuck seems to have lost just a bit of his reflexes (speed and timing) and he is getting hit easier and having more difficult hitting other people. Couture also appears to have taken his boxing seriously and is showing good head movement in his recent fights. It's certainly still possible, but I don't think Liddell can land on him as easily as he was able to in his last couple of fights.

If that doesn't happen, or if it happens and Randy has enough to keep going, then I think a Couture decision is most likely. Both guys have so much experience it's tough to imagine either getting subbed on the ground and, despite what happened in the first meeting, I think Chuck's wrestling is good enough that Randy willl have to work to hold dominant position and won't be able to pound on him too badly on the ground.

I'll take Randy by decision based primarily on the fact that he's fought as well in his most recent fights as he ever did (and Chuck hasn't).
dannyfrank
10/23/08 7:26:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cmb19932

You're right. Just like the last 2 fights.

i was thinkin the same thing
cmb19932
10/23/08 7:35:09PM
it is my opinion not a a fact but i think it would go that way
JimiMak
10/23/08 7:49:43PM
I say Randy. I've always been of the op that the weight cut was too much for him. It worked for a cpl matches but for the long term it was too draining. I think at HW Randy would prob'ly pound him out like the first time.
zephead
10/23/08 9:15:56PM
Bad bad matchup for Randy.