3 FOTN Bonuses At TUF 9 Finale

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 3 FOTN Bonuses At TUF 9 Finale
MMAcca
6/21/09 1:38:03AM
ULTIMATE FIGHTER 9 FINALE AWARDS & BONUSES

(Each fighter was awarded $25,000)

Fights of the Night:
-Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida
-Chris Lytle and Kevin Burns
-Joe Stevenson and Nate Diaz

Knockout of the Night:
-Tomasz Drwal

Submission of the Night:
-Jason Dent

LINK
Hendo67
6/21/09 1:45:31AM
It's amazing how Hughes/Serra got 60k for that "fight of the night"
Twenty20Dollars
6/21/09 1:52:22AM
I called the KOTN and the SOTN, but no love for Blackburn/Garcia I said that would be FOTN and it kinda sounded like, or atleast sounded more exciting than Diaz/Stevenson.
MMAcca
6/21/09 1:54:36AM
Diaz/Stevenson & Lytle/Burns were good fights imo, but Sanchez/Guida was a GREAT fight.
Khaos
6/21/09 2:55:32AM
I think everyone that got a bonus deserved it. I'm actually suprised they gave SOTN to Dent, I thought it'd be given to Wilks for sure, but then again everyone loves Anaconda chokes.
coldchillin
6/21/09 4:34:50AM
Sanchez-Guida was definitley one of the most exciting of the year so far.

Stevenson-Diaz actually put me to sleep it was so boring.
Playground_Samurai
6/21/09 6:42:26AM

Posted by coldchillin

It didn't put me to sleep, and I enjoyed the fight....but I don't see how they could give it FOTN honors. And that's actually a small pet peeve of mine. Sherdog PBP made the Blackburn/Garcia fight sound like it was a pretty good one. Why aren't they trying to give some extra cash to the guys that aren't making nearly as much as the main card guys are? Reminds me of 96 when they gave Rampage/Jardine FOTN. Decent fight, but Brown/Sell deserved it. Or Brown deserved something extra. He had to finish Sell twice in one fight for petes sakes and he was making maybe 5% of what Rampage was making before the bonus.
prozacnation1978
6/21/09 9:15:11AM
i think 3 is too much but two is worthy
glad to see joe win i was a idiot for changing my pick to diaz at last minute
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/21/09 9:46:10AM
Sanchez/Guida ----Intense and Amazing -def... a top 5 fights of the year
dangerfield
6/21/09 10:04:39AM
Fight of the Night?

Fight of the Year!!!

I don't think I need to say which fight I'm talikn about.

Should of been a draw though. 28-28.

tmas
6/21/09 10:48:59AM

Posted by Hendo67

It's amazing how Hughes/Serra got 60k for that "fight of the night"

PPV are always higher then Fight Nights, and FN's are always higher than finale.
TNPanther78
6/21/09 11:34:54AM
Shoot that first round was amazing, like a locker room fight at school, just swinging for the fences.
TimW001
6/21/09 1:14:27PM

Posted by coldchillin

MMA_Alex
6/21/09 1:22:18PM
Diaz-Stevenson had some really good technical battles on the ground, so I could see why that was a FotN. Lytle-Burns was a standup war.

And Sanchez-Guida was just awesome.
wrona666
6/21/09 3:00:37PM
Diaz/Stevensen was a snooze fest on Joe's part........props to Diaz for a lot of submission attempts, but all Joe did was hold onto Diaz minus one gullatine attempt..........I think Joe was more worried about losing the fight then winning the fight.....

Decent fight, but definately not FOTN material in my opinion
runningman08
6/22/09 12:52:57AM
I got no problems with the 3 fights getting the bonus. They were all great fights.
lohmann
6/22/09 5:30:38AM
I don't understand the hate on the Diaz/Stevenson fight. Anything with that weird back crucifix Stevenson implemented to put punishment on a defenseless Nate Diaz deserves some measure of respect. I thought it was a good technical fight, with Diaz on the short end of the stick as Stevenson neutralized any opportunities Diaz had to lock up submissions, and one that Stevenson would have probably lost if he let Nate Diaz rely on his superior striking instead of controlling the action of the fight.

Lytle/Burns was a fun slugfest to watch, but by the middle of the second round a gassed Burns became nothing but a target for Lytle to hit with those semi-superman punches he winged with no regard to accuracy..