the forum rules

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » the forum rules
enemyofmany
9/18/07 9:06:06AM
i just got a letter from admin stating he's getting complaints about my posts.i dont know who would have the time to cry and tattle instead of just writing me a message.im not a super cyber forum guy,i dont know all lingo and edakit,but i do know that none of my post's are way out there,and i try and keep them g rated.what i said to make someone write in is beyond me,some of you guys have too much time on your hands i guess.i post things im interested in,enjoy the replies,even if there's a debate about the topic.some of you guys give me your oppinion.what am i doing wrong
CWall33
9/18/07 9:22:28AM
Just read you last 10 or so posts.
Didn't see a single thing wrong with them. Certainly nothing that someone would complain about.

The admin didn't give you any details as to what the complaints were about?
enemyofmany
9/18/07 9:35:56AM
said that he was getting complaints,and that people said i was a troll,though im not clear excactly what that is,i read the breif description and dont think i apply.though i have posted topics in the wrong place.i thought random topics concerning MMA would be o.k here.
loonytnt
9/18/07 12:37:52PM
what is a troll?
Stickan
9/18/07 1:25:22PM
A troll is a person who starts threads just for the sake of it, often to get attention and stir up shit.

For example. "Tank Abbot would triangle Fedor!!!!!!!"
DCRage
9/18/07 1:26:03PM
A very short, grotesque creature often wielding a club or similar. At least that's how I remember them.
Seriously though, In forum-speak, a troll, more often referred to as an act called "trolling", is someone who constantly bumps old, dead threads with little or no discussion value to get his name all over the first page of threads/topics and/or raise their post count as high as possible for whatever reasons, usually negative in the long run.
loonytnt
9/18/07 4:10:23PM

Posted by Stickan

A troll is a person who starts threads just for the sake of it, often to get attention and stir up shit.

For example. "Tank Abbot would triangle Fedor!!!!!!!"

ok i see now, and that is a great example thank you
enemyofmany
9/18/07 9:11:49PM
though i wasnt trolling,i know now that i was posting in the wrong place,and reposting topics cause i hadnt seen the other rooms.wich was probly the source of the complaints.my bad.so im gonna kick it in the mma lounge
SpiderSilva
9/19/07 6:57:45PM
I think it happen to almost everyone at some point if your just reading what people wright and you respond some people get mad because that not what they want to here