why this forum isnt lame like sherdog

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » why this forum isnt lame like sherdog
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/1/07 12:55:09AM
IMO, sherdog has a lot of great posters but theres tonnes of lamos crapping up the

scene. This forum rules guys, lets keep it that way!!! (aka no harsh insults and opinions that have no backing to them)

cheers to the mods and regs

<3

loller90278
2/1/07 1:02:06AM
shuttup figgit! wandy pWnZ ChUck!

/sorry couldnt help it
nate22
2/1/07 7:15:18AM
Yeah a big thank you to most of the posters here who have kept it sensible and thus it's not been all that difficult to moderate.

Hopefully we can maintain the standards so far and even more importantly improve on the content so far. I know i'm moving quite a few threads around, but I hope nobody is offended when there thread is moved from one forum to another just trying to keep up the standards of the main forum.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/1/07 1:39:48PM

Posted by loller90278

shuttup figgit! wandy pWnZ ChUck!

/sorry couldnt help it

OMG My dad could beat up your dad!!
pv3Hpv3p
2/1/07 4:16:23PM
I followed along sherdog for a few yesrs, and still use them for just the sheer amount of info they have, but their forums sucked.

I was really happy when I found this place, and every thread didn't turn into Pride v UFC.

Lots of good topics and lots of good people, keep it up Mods, hell of a job
zephead
2/1/07 6:22:40PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I followed along sherdog for a few yesrs, and still use them for just the sheer amount of info they have, but their forums sucked.

I was really happy when I found this place, and every thread didn't turn into Pride v UFC.

Lots of good topics and lots of good people, keep it up Mods, hell of a job

I just hope it continues. I hate the "Pride vs UFC" threads and the fighter bashing. These guys lay it on the line like no other athletes and to bash them is just not right.. No teammates to rely on. Just you and your opponet. You have to be so wellrounded and have to train in everything and people find the need to dog fighters. Keyboard warriors that is.

It's the posters that make message boards and the posters here have been good.
pv3Hpv3p
2/2/07 9:12:49AM
I just hope it continues. I hate the "Pride vs UFC" threads and the fighter bashing. These guys lay it on the line like no other athletes and to bash them is just not right.. No teammates to rely on. Just you and your opponet. You have to be so wellrounded and have to train in everything and people find the need to dog fighters. Keyboard warriors that is.

Very well put... My thoughts exactly
theKirK
2/5/07 1:49:11AM
I agree, I use to post in sherdog but was soon overwhelmed by alot of nonsense and trash talking.

As soon as a fighter loses all of a sudden he sucks and should kill himself because of such. And as soon as some becomes champ, they are an unstoppable god. there is just no debating with ppl like that.
D-Boy
2/5/07 6:05:34AM
I've given up on Sherdog I really don't like posting there anymore at all
madmarck
2/5/07 11:07:22PM

Posted by theKirK

I agree, I use to post in sherdog but was soon overwhelmed by alot of nonsense and trash talking.

As soon as a fighter loses all of a sudden he sucks and should kill himself because of such. And as soon as some becomes champ, they are an unstoppable god. there is just no debating with ppl like that.

I have yet to see a Pride vs UFC thread on here. It seems like the bad sherdog posters simply wnat to stay on sherdog. But the people who want to talk about MMA are branching out. And some are latching onto this site cuz its just so............. FLAME RETARDANT! (wow im good)
Thalzaar
2/6/07 12:57:04PM
I really get annoyed with sherdog's forum. Every thread ends up in flames and most the threads are stupid. There are some good posters and some good information there, but the majority of stupidity overwhelm it.

So far i'm really liking the forums here. Lots of good information and discussions. Occasionally there are some flames, but the majority of posts are civil. Hell, this is the only MMA forum i've started posting on.