Forrests brutal kick arsenal

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Forrests brutal kick arsenal
jawbreaker517
7/6/08 9:41:29PM
I think its a big advantage that Forrest Griffin has added so many different kicks into his array of attacks. He slowly and methodically wore down Rampage's legs, as he said after the fight that he " gave Forrest the second round because his leg hurt". Forrest is a very lengthy fighter, which gives him an automatic advantage from the outside. He may not need alot of punching power anymore with kicks and knees like that!
nickcuc547
7/6/08 9:42:37PM
he got rampage with one good leg kick, other than that his kicks were not very impressive.
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 9:45:23PM
I don't remember Jardine/Liddell too much, but wasn't the big reason Keith won because of the leg kicks? I might be thinking of a different fight.
balack_o-bama
7/6/08 10:04:06PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I don't remember Jardine/Liddell too much, but wasn't the big reason Keith won because of the leg kicks? I might be thinking of a different fight.

Yup yup yup.

Chucks and Pages legs were fine coming into the fight. Not so much on the way out.
puppetmaster837
7/6/08 10:04:34PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Yeah, leg and body kicks. I thought Forrest should have tried to finish his leg. If a leg is that bad a couple more good ones could end the fight.
juanez13
7/6/08 10:08:33PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by Scott_Revels

Yeah, leg and body kicks. I thought Forrest should have tried to finish his leg. If a leg is that bad a couple more good ones could end the fight.

yea but it seemed he focused to much on it, and he didnt set them up, so after that he had a bit of trouble landing the kicks, until the 4th and 5th came around where he started landing them again, but Rampage had recovered enough already, but you could tell they were still hurting him.....(the hurt him worse before because they landed on the knee, but after he was landing above or below the knee which is why i think they didnt affect him as much.
TWITA
7/6/08 10:13:00PM

Posted by nickcuc547

he got rampage with one good leg kick, other than that his kicks were not very impressive.

Totally agree. He had great leg kicks in rounds 1 and 2 - after that, nothing I'd call "brutal"
DJDark41
7/6/08 11:10:38PM

Posted by nickcuc547

He caught him with one good kick that did the damage, the others weren't that impressive. I wouldn't call them brutal, and definitly not an ARSENAL. Is it still an arsenal if it only consists of one weapon?