if forrest wins

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » if forrest wins
MFOTHER
6/14/08 6:49:43PM
will it be a bigger upset over the shogun victory?
i think the quick answer is yes, as he is fighting the champ, but i think the shogun win was a huge suprise to the mma world, as shogun was considered the top to many (im not going to bring up injuries way too sick of that crap

winning over shogun raised peoples' opinions on forest, and if he managed to pull out a win july 5th it wouldnt be as much of a suprise will it be a bigger upset than the shogun victory?
Guru
6/14/08 6:58:16PM
I honestly think he has it in him

My 2 Cents
Gipper
6/14/08 7:12:30PM
if he can avoid the take downs and have a good scamble then i think he'll win
SpiderSilva
6/14/08 7:29:59PM
well I wouldn't mind but I would bet everything his first defense would be vs Chuck to get Chuck the belt back
Ordep
6/14/08 7:49:19PM
the fact that he already beat Shogun makes it impossible to be a "bigger" upset
mkiv9secsupra
6/14/08 8:16:21PM
I think it will be a bigger upset. Forrest's style was taylor made against Shogun. A counter striker with a big reach and great takedown defense against a smaller aggressive striker with poor takedows....Im surprised Forrest finished the fight. But i only accredit that to Shoguns non ability to train in advance to this fight(Forrest still would have won though)

Now Forrest fights a guy who can take him down and pound on him for 5 rounds straight. So i would consider this a bigger upset than the Shogun fight but i still think Forrest can control him from his back and earn a UD.....

tylerlee123
6/14/08 8:20:14PM
Forrest will win , Belive it
holt8081
6/14/08 8:35:07PM
If he wins I will never say RUN FORREST RUN again.
Twenty20Dollars
6/14/08 8:37:12PM
how can it be a bigger upest? it can't because shogun was considered #1 LHW in the world and also beat rampage. so how would forrest beating rampage be a bigger upset than forrest's win over shogun.
tepid55
6/14/08 9:07:51PM
It would be an upset, but not as big as Shogun.
dannyfrank
6/14/08 9:24:46PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

how can it be a bigger upest? it can't because shogun was considered #1 LHW in the world and also beat rampage. so how would forrest beating rampage be a bigger upset than forrest's win over shogun.

ufcboss
6/14/08 9:51:31PM
Well get ready to be upset because its time for Forrest to hold that belt!!!
Mchubb316
6/15/08 12:14:28AM
I think the quick answer is yes as well. It is for the belt. However, Shogun was considered #1 in the world, and Forrest was not a top 10 at the time. This is tough to call. I would say no, because if iam not mistaken, wasn't Shogun's knee injured coming into that fight? If not and he was 100% healthy then Forrest's victory over Shogun is the bigger upset, because Forrest is better than given credit.
theguido
6/15/08 12:46:47AM
It woul be huge cause even before Forest beat Sho-Gun Rampage was at the top of most LHW rankings.
breakdown5
6/15/08 12:48:01AM
I would say that if forrest wins it will be a pretty big upset. Shogun was the number one lhw in the world, but then again so is rampage.
NatedawgThaM
6/15/08 1:02:24AM
I think it will be a bigger upset. Because Forrest has no clear advantage over Rampage like he did Shogun(wrestling over a under 100% Shogun).

Rampage had time to train, is 100% and is better then Forrest in EVERY ASPECT OF FIGHTING!!!! Forrest has heart, but the Jardine fight proved it does not mean he's invincible and unable to be KO'd. Rampage is way better then Jardine and hits a lot harder. Rampage is a better wrestler then Forrest and that's the only way Forrest would be able to beat him, is too take this too the ground but he won't be overpowering Rampage to get a takedown, he's not near as good as Hendo IMHO.

I know you can never count out Forrest and anything can happen in MMA. But he has nothing over Rampage. Rampage promised this wouldn't go the distance AND IT SURE WON'T!!! I see highlight reel KO from Rampage!!!

NinjaCyborg
6/16/08 3:24:15AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think it will be a bigger upset. Because Forrest has no clear advantage over Rampage like he did Shogun(wrestling over a under 100% Shogun).

Rampage had time to train, is 100% and is better then Forrest in EVERY ASPECT OF FIGHTING!!!! Forrest has heart, but the Jardine fight proved it does not mean he's invincible and unable to be KO'd. Rampage is way better then Jardine and hits a lot harder. Rampage is a better wrestler then Forrest and that's the only way Forrest would be able to beat him, is too take this too the ground but he won't be overpowering Rampage to get a takedown, he's not near as good as Hendo IMHO.

I know you can never count out Forrest and anything can happen in MMA. But he has nothing over Rampage. Rampage promised this wouldn't go the distance AND IT SURE WON'T!!! I see highlight reel KO from Rampage!!!

I think Forrest is going to surprise you. Rampage certainly isn't better in every aspect. Forrest has a great sprawl and actually I would give the wrestling advantage to Forrest as well.
But I will give Rampage the better striking and probably the better chin.
jocka
6/16/08 7:59:24AM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think Forrest is going to surprise you. Rampage certainly isn't better in every aspect. Forrest has a great sprawl and actually I would give the wrestling advantage to Forrest as well.
But I will give Rampage the better striking and probably the better chin.

This is a hard fight to call, on paper Rampage should win that win based on strengh-wreslting-GnP but i could see Forrest pulling the upset, i don think it would be a bigger upset than when he beat Shogun but it would definitly be an upset if he wins the belt!!
rampigill
6/16/08 10:24:18AM
I know you dont wonna hear about injuries but what did you expect shogun was not even at 50% forrest was gonna win, ppl just hype it b/c they prolly haven't seen shogun in pride....forrest prolly even knows he got lucky we know what rampage thinks...but for this upcoming fight i have a gut feelin thta forrest wins but jab'n and move'n i dont see it as an upset forrest has the tools to beat rampage
CornishMMA
6/16/08 10:31:19AM
Firstly LMAO at the first few replies not even answering the question

WAY bigger upset cos I really cant say that was a fully fit Shogun, it just wasnt the same Shogun that beat down Rampage and so many others, his knee was messed up, he may have been missing certain supplements he enjoyed in japan, and maybe some octogon shock as well, Forrest did a good job and it was still a good one but shouldnt be regarded as highly as it it by some

Only 25% of this site pick Forrest to win currently, i would have thought that was closer but i for one am very confident in Rampage winning and this bigger upset wont actually happen, so this discussion has all been pointless
Thunderfighting
6/20/08 1:18:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Forrest has heart, but the Jardine fight proved it does not mean he's invincible and unable to be KO'd. Rampage is way better then Jardine and hits a lot harder.

this man makes more sense than anyone here. People do have to remember that they are two completely different fighters. I dont even think that this fight should be taking place because the fact that he got knocked the F out by Jardine. What will he do when Rampage starts throwing those bombs? It will be a repeat performance. I hate the lightheavy divison because it is so competitive and that the fact that guys like Forrest can get a title shot after getting ko'ed and then "beating" a weak shogun.

I think we should get to see Anderson Silva v.s. Rampage for the title but that will never happen, not while Dana is president.

Rampage by KO in round 2.
Pookie
6/20/08 2:49:33PM
Like natedawg said Rampage losing would be more of an upset because he is better at everything.

His striking technique and accuracy is better, his tko power is literally on just another level, his wrestling is world class for 205(he out wrestled hendo for gods sake), hes stronger, his stand-up defense is better, his chin is better, better counter puncher, he has more heart, and i would say hes a smarter fighter as well.

Rampage's weakness(defensively) is the clinch and when it comes to striking on the inside forrest isnt exactly the best while rampage is one of the best in that range.

I cant see an area where forrest can hurt or control rampage without exposing himself to serious danger since offensively in every area rampage is better.

tomsmith17381
6/20/08 5:07:32PM
FOREST WILL WIN i believe his heartand desire will make him the new champ