GIVE FORREST HIS TITLE SHOT!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » GIVE FORREST HIS TITLE SHOT!
ChokeUout
9/23/07 6:04:30AM
Pure and simple....

Ever since he Won the first TUF he's done nothing but left everything he has inside the octagon. HE's never been in a boring fight. He lost to Jardine, but everyone gets caught. SInce then, he's improved in not only his physical game, but his mental game too it seems.

MOre Importantly, The talk was that Shogun would have gotten a title shot if he beat forrest. Well, FOrrest just beat who alot of people call the #1 LW in the world, and beat him bad for 3 rounds and sunk in the choke at the end.

When you mix in the facts that Lidell and Shogun are out of immediate title contention, Forrest's skill and work ethic, and the fact that a fight between him and Rampage would be EXTREMELY marketable, the choice is clear....

GIVE FORREST HIS TITLE SHOT!!!

thoughts?
kevinmitchell300
9/23/07 7:48:54AM
What about Jardine?

1) He has devastating stand up ability
2) He Beat Forrest already
3) He just defeated one of the most prestigeous LHW in Chuck Liddel

If anyone is getting a title shot it's Jardine right now. I like Forrest but I don't think he has the mental mindset to compete in a title shot. He's a working class warrior Great cardio and work ethic but he will never be champion. Too many people better than him.

P.S. I told all my friends that Shogun was going to lose because Pride and UFC are two different sports. He was a fish out of water and Forrest was good enough to capatalize on it. He needs to stop watching that clock and focus more on the fight.
decken
9/23/07 8:02:40AM
I think the whole Light Heavy Weight Division is complete chaos. There have been to many upsets, way to many. As far who should get a title shot next I don't think anyone in the division should get one without winning another fight. I think Forrest should fight Bisping and the winner of those two should get a title shot and then if Silva wins his first fight back in the U.F.C. he should get a title shot. I really don't see anyone else in the division that has two wins in a row against good opponents. Yes I know many people think Bisping lost his last fight but still how many wins does someone have to get before his is given the opportunity to fight the best (even if some of the wins are controversial).

P.S. Just because Jardine beat Chuck doesn't mean he should get a title shot. I really think to deserve a title shot you need to put a string of wins against good opponents together. Which in the current atmosphere of the division seems impossible.
MaxUFC
9/23/07 8:22:10AM

Posted by kevinmitchell300

What about Jardine?

1) He has devastating stand up ability
2) He Beat Forrest already
3) He just defeated one of the most prestigeous LHW in Chuck Liddel

If anyone is getting a title shot it's Jardine right now. I like Forrest but I don't think he has the mental mindset to compete in a title shot. He's a working class warrior Great cardio and work ethic but he will never be champion. Too many people better than him.

P.S. I told all my friends that Shogun was going to lose because Pride and UFC are two different sports. He was a fish out of water and Forrest was good enough to capatalize on it. He needs to stop watching that clock and focus more on the fight.

I take Forrest over Jadine since Jadine beat Forrest who beat Rua who beat Jackson who beat Liddell. Houston Alexender haven't fight all of these fighters but beat Jadine via TKO. Like whoever said IF Rua win then face Jackson for title match...now Forrest won over Rua to earn a shot.

Yup, LW Division gone upside down now.

wagere
9/23/07 8:46:07AM
Give Forrest the title shot,Give Jardine Wandy, Then the winner of Wandy and Jardine gets the winner of Forrest Jackson.
Chuteboxer
9/23/07 9:11:15AM
damn it, Jardine screwed over the Liddell-Silva fight. But I guess it'd be cool to see Jardine fight Wandy too then...
biggunds
9/23/07 9:20:38AM
I think your 100% correct. Forrest should get the title and since Jardine beat Chuck and they were saying Chuck wins he gets Silva, give Jardine Silva and the winner gets the winner of Forrest-Jackson.
But yes the 205 division is completely messed up now. That's why I like to watch it, everyone fights there ass off because you never know if the next fight could put you up into the title contention.
bls1919
9/23/07 9:47:47AM
Forrest is an animal. I love this guy. He asks for this fight with Rua,{a fight that a lot of people including me thought he wouldnt win}, And then pulls out a huge upset victory with a choke no less. I hope they put him against jackson in the next title fight
Ydoc
9/23/07 9:50:55AM
He has earned it. Amazing job, and like he said this should be a shortcut to the Title.
nickcuc547
9/23/07 12:16:40PM
im going to be honest, last night completely shook up the 205 pound division and i have no idea who should get the next shot. forrest, jardine, wandy all deserve it, but if they do then so does houston alexander, this is going to be a tough decision for joe silva and dana white.
NatedawgThaM
9/23/07 12:19:47PM
I'm saying Forrest vs. Wandy- #1 contenders match

Rampage vs. Jardine in Febuary and then the winner faces the winner of Wandy-griffin in the summer

I hope the UFC don't pull a TUF with the Light Heavyweight division because Rampage is my favorite fighter and I don't want to have to wait a year to see him fight!!!
Lay_N_Pray
9/23/07 12:29:38PM
Forrest/Page

Jardine/Silva (gets winner of Forrest/Page)

Alexander/Machida (winner gets loser of Forrest/Page)

Shogun gets loser of Jardine/Silva

Liddell fights Alessio or Nakamura, someone like that

Thats what I would do to keep the contenders moving up
OchoCinco
9/23/07 12:36:41PM
Jardine vs Silva
Forrest vs Machida
Alexander vs Rua
I don't think any of these guys has earned a shot at the title. I would probably give it to the winner of the Forrest vs Machida fight.
ChokeUout
9/23/07 6:30:49PM
Here's why I don't give Jardine the Title Shot, Despite his win over forrest griffen...

First off, any momentum Jardine had was crushed by houston Alexander. Now, Let's compare Jardine and Griffin for a sec. Griffin Is coming off Two wins, Jardine one. Jardine did Beat Chuck Liddell by Split Decision. And while that is a big feat, let's remember that Shogun is Ranked Higher in virtually every MMA Top Light Heavyweight list than Liddell is, and Forrest didn't only beat Shogun, He SUBMITTED him. Even if that fight would have gone the distance, it would have been a MUCH more lopsided and impressive victory than Jardine's over Liddell, as Griffen was basically Dominating Shogun. And Just a friendly reminder, Griffen has a 2 win streak, Jardine one.

If that didn't seal the deal, her'es the icing on the cake: Keith Jardine has the personality of a wet dishcloth, and his fights aren't really the best to market. Now, Forrest on the other hand is a VERY marketable guy. Throw him in there with Rampage, the best personality in MMA, and That's a bout with HUGE PPV Numbers waiting to happen. Simply, the UFC would be stupid to pass on that right now with it right in their lap.

Stickan
9/23/07 6:36:58PM
Who has Wandy got beaten by at LHW besides Hendo lately? Since Hendo just got his shot, put Wandy vs Jardine or Forrest for a #1 contender fight.
DevonFoxy
9/23/07 6:43:18PM
I mean yea Forrest was VERY impressive but im looking deeper. I mean whose camp did Forrest come out of? Whose Camp did Tyson Griffin come out of and he pretty much dominated Tavares. I think the man behind everything is Randy Couture. I know he hasnt fought the guys but his camp is really impressive and it just shows how great Randy Couture is.
Stickan
9/23/07 6:51:03PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I mean yea Forrest was VERY impressive but im looking deeper. I mean whose camp did Forrest come out of? Whose Camp did Tyson Griffin come out of and he pretty much dominated Tavares. I think the man behind everything is Randy Couture. I know he hasnt fought the guys but his camp is really impressive and it just shows how great Randy Couture is.

Tyson didn't dominate Tavares. Did you even see the fight?
Other than that I agree. Randy has assembled a camp full of promising fighters and new guys come in and train with them all the time. I think that's the key to their success.
DevonFoxy
9/23/07 6:53:47PM
I did see that fight and imo it was an amazingly exciting fight but Griffin definitely won. I shouldn't have used dominated though.
Southpaw82
9/23/07 6:58:05PM

Posted by wagere

Give Forrest the title shot,Give Jardine Wandy, Then the winner of Wandy and Jardine gets the winner of Forrest Jackson.

Agreed !
hook_tothe_body
9/23/07 7:16:22PM

Posted by wagere

I agree with you wagere. I think Forrest earned a shot by beating one of the best lightheavy fighters in the world. I think Forrest should get a chance to fight Jackson. That would be such a good fight.

And Jardine/Silva would be a really good fight, too. I think that Forrest deserves a title shot, but at the same time I think Jardine deserves a shot, too. Jardine beat Forrest. Jardine just beat Chuck who was a pretty dominant champion.

Every division (except maybe the middleweight division - but I think it'll get better) is stacked. We're going to see some great fights the rest of this year and all next year.
yerbluesjohn
9/23/07 9:21:42PM

Posted by decken

I think Forrest should fight Bisping and the winner of those two should get a title shot and then if Silva wins his first fight back in the U.F.C. he should get a title shot. I really don't see anyone else in the division that has two wins in a row against good opponents. Yes I know many people think Bisping lost his last fight but still how many wins does someone have to get before his is given the opportunity to fight the best (even if some of the wins are controversial).

How can Bispings name even get thrown into the title picture at all?? Thats just ridiculous. Let's see him actually fight someone worth a damn and win convincingly, then he can move into the title picture.

Although, I would like to see Forrest destroy him...
AlfredBorden
9/23/07 10:45:58PM
Ok, jardine beating forrest was a fluke. he got a few good punches in. Forrest has proven that he can go the distance in fights and sitll have the conditioing to choke out questionably the best lightheavy weight in the world.... Yes jardine has good standup, but we all saw how much more of a well rounded fighter Forrest is at 76. He even won the first 2 rounds in his fight with shogun....domination. give this man a shot at rampage....
Ronnielott4eva42
9/23/07 11:05:56PM
How about Jardine vs Tito/Rashad
ChokeUout
9/24/07 12:28:42AM
Jardine and TIto is a slight possibility, but Rashad and Jardine are both in camp jackson, so that's doubtful...

And Where the hell did Bisping's Name come from? He hasn't beaten anyone CLOSE to being a contender, and Regardless of what drugs cecil Peoples and Jeff Mullen were on, he lost to Hammill. Bisping has a better chance of a title shot if he moves to Middleweight though. He's in the wrong division IMO.

But yeah, I agree with Jardine and Wandy fighting, with the winner fighting forrest/Rampage.

Curious also, what's gonna happen to Chuck now? THey gonna bring back Sean Salmon and have him face CHuck in the main event of the next fight night?

haha, yeah, I'm kidding, but I'm wondering what will happen to chuck
Sam_Rothstein
9/25/07 6:45:47AM
I say let Forrest fight rampage for the title

Wanderlei Silva Vs Keith Jardine
Henderson Vs Shogun
and the winner of Tito Ortiz Vs Rashad Evans

have those guys battle out position for who goes next

and yes i am high
thepunisher
9/25/07 8:37:54AM
Jardine VS Rampage
Forrest VS Wand
Shogun VS Chuck

this is how it should go
end of thread
TNunley
9/25/07 9:10:46AM

Posted by thepunisher

Jardine VS Rampage
Forrest VS Wand
Shogun VS Chuck

this is how it should go
end of thread

The way I see it, it should be:

Griffin Vs. Jardine
Winner of ^ Vs. Rampage
Shogun Vs. Bisping
Wandy Vs. Tito
R. Evans Vs. Liddell

Here is my reasoning...
I don't think Griffin or Jardine deserve a title shot without first having a rematch. Jardine is Griffin's most recent loss, which would put Jardine above Griffin other then his loss against Alexander. Whoever wins gets Page for the title.

Shogun should fight Bisping due to the fact that he just lost (decisively), and Bisping has yet to be really challenged by any top level fighter. I think this fight would throw Shogun back into the mix, or make him an undercard fighter for a while if he loses. This would also make it a "put up or shut up" fight for Bisping.

Wandy should fight Tito for two reasons. Wandy's last fight in the UFC was a loss against Tito. Both are different fighters now, and Wandy has a much better shot. This gives Wandy a fight to become familiar with the octagon again, and the winner gets thrown into the mix. This is also a VERY marketable fight.

Evans and Liddell should fight because of Chuck's two straight losses. Chuck is definitely out of the top level action for the moment, but would be a decent win to help him back up. If Evans were to beat Chuck, then Evans gets some top level fights, and Chuck needs to decide his future in MMA.
Hurricane_Brad
9/25/07 12:23:43PM
I don't think Forrest should get a title shot until he elevates himself over Jardine, I see them sitting right next to each other in the rankings. Forrest has a recent TKO loss to the Dean of Mean, and I think Jardine's win was just as significant as Forrest's.
thepunisher
9/25/07 3:05:55PM

with everything this guy said, Jardine beat Forrest THIS FREAKING YEAR. it isn't like he beat him years ago Jardine should be ranked above Forrest and be next in line for a title shot
nubby
9/25/07 3:22:53PM

Posted by thepunisher

with everything this guy said, Jardine beat Forrest THIS FREAKING YEAR. it isn't like he beat him years ago Jardine should be ranked above Forrest and be next in line for a title shot

Yeah but jardines win over Forrest had the same effect as Page's win over Liddell, very little impact on rankings. The reason is that both fighters got caught. I have a feeling that a Griffin-Jardine rematch would end very differently. Forrest is on a war path up to the top, where he will lose to Page.