Forrest on run from cage : " truth is ......................

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest on run from cage : " truth is ......................
Next Page »
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/3/09 3:42:49PM

“That’s dumb. [People who criticized me leaving the cage] are idiots. Why? Nobody cares. I mean, I don’t think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already. This guy actually asked me a good question the other day, and this is a real story and I really like it: first off, he was very confrontational; I didn’t like him much to begin with, and he goes, ‘Hey, man, I have to know,’ because it’s his business to know, ‘why did you run out of the cage that night after the Silva fight?’ And I said, ‘Look, man, I haven’t told anybody, let’s keep this on the down low.......
source
Wallass
10/3/09 3:50:18PM
Wow, Forrest lost the little amount of respect I had left for him. Maybe cause leaving like that shows little class, I hate to use him as an example but even BJ, when he lost to GSP the 2nd time didnt leave like that and he and GSP hate one another. If people ask you questions about things that happened and your offended then I guess you cant deal with the criticism that comes with being a big fighter.
teddythetuna
10/3/09 3:55:46PM
Win like a man and lose like a man. I like forrest but i think running out of the cage was a bit much and if you dont want people asking stupid questions then dont do something stupid like run out of the cage when you lose. Just my opinion.
kopower
10/3/09 3:56:32PM

Wow, Forrest has to resort to mom jokes. He is really taking this loss hard. I know he's probably been getting that question a lot but c'mon. I think it is disrespecting your opponent when you run out of the cage. Take the loss like a man and stay in the cage, everyone else does. I don't know if was confirmed but did he break his jaw and that's why he ran out?
mrsmiley
10/3/09 4:02:46PM
I guess the pressure has been too much for Forrest.
From TUF to fighting in the UFC, Forrest has had a lot of pressure bestowed upon him.

It's gotta be hard to lose a fight like that,but every fighter risk that chance when they step in the cage to fight.Especialy when your fighting arguably the P4P king of the sport.
I say the guy probably needs a much needed break and time away from the game.
If he took that loss that hard,then possibly losing another may make things worse.
jiujitsufreak74
10/3/09 4:20:02PM

Posted by Wallass

Wow, Forrest lost the little amount of respect I had left for him. Maybe cause leaving like that shows little class, I hate to use him as an example but even BJ, when he lost to GSP the 2nd time didnt leave like that and he and GSP hate one another. If people ask you questions about things that happened and your offended then I guess you cant deal with the criticism that comes with being a big fighter.

can't say it too much better than this

Forrest...what happened to you man?
zephead
10/3/09 4:23:11PM
In case anyone wants to do, I edited the title and some of the post. All that is on the front page of the website. Not cool
seanfu
10/3/09 4:25:50PM
I'm sure after just getting your ass kicked in exactly the same fashion you said you were going to dish it out, only better, and all the adrenalline pumping as you're getting emotional in front of millions of people, the last thing that's going to be on your mind is rationalizing whether running from the cage is going to be seen as disrespectful.

Give a guy a break, when BJ was licking blood off his gloves for the first time in celebration no one said, "hey that's not rational!" we just enjoyed what a fine adrenaline pump can do.

So when it comes to Sherk or Forrest running from the cage, just remember BJ Penn is a sick vampire lol.

And as far as the comment goes, Rampage stayed up for 3 days praying to Jesus all hopped up on Monster and then rear ended some pregnant chicks car with her in it. So it's obviously not the worst we've seen. I've never been a huge fan, but he's factually a standup guy.
crushedbacon
10/3/09 4:35:25PM

Posted by Wallass

Forrest is an emotional dude, I say give him a break. He was embarrassed, and its not like the first time he's ran out. I think people are beating this thing to death and I'd imagine Forrest feels like choking every moron that keeps bringing this up.....seriously who cares. ...and Bj couldn't run anywhere even if he had wanted to he was so gassed....he couldn't even stand up straight
prozacnation1978
10/3/09 4:39:16PM
forrest is too emotional, he wins everything is good he loses he cries like a baby and runs
that ain't a fighter, he is gonna have to take critism like every other fighter and man up

i hope he wins his next fight but the way he is going joe silva you better schedule griffin vs bonner rematch again or even jardine
mikevolz
10/3/09 5:59:22PM
to come to the sudden realization, that no matter what you do, you will never succeed at your biggest dream? in front of millions of people?

a lot of you guys would act like in someway you're not proud of.
jiujitsufreak74
10/3/09 6:05:26PM

Posted by mikevolz

to come to the sudden realization, that no matter what you do, you will never succeed at your biggest dream? in front of millions of people?

that still isn't an excuse
seanfu
10/3/09 6:32:07PM
Forrest just needs to set his sliders a little less toward damage and a little more to counter. God knows the clinch spamming tactic wouldn't work on Silva, he's at least proficiant. Hahaha. Please let there be someone that gets this.
Darnok
10/3/09 7:02:03PM

Posted by seanfu

Forrest just needs to set his sliders a little less toward damage and a little more to counter. God knows the clinch spamming tactic wouldn't work on Silva, he's at least proficiant. Hahaha. Please let there be someone that gets this.

Oh we get it.
bjj1605
10/3/09 7:22:22PM

Posted by kopower

Wow, Forrest has to resort to mom jokes. He is really taking this loss hard. I know he's probably been getting that question a lot but c'mon. I think it is disrespecting your opponent when you run out of the cage. Take the loss like a man and stay in the cage, everyone else does. I don't know if was confirmed but did he break his jaw and that's why he ran out?

That was the initial report. It turned out to be a false rumor spread to save his image. It explained why he got knocked out so easily and why he left so quickly. Turns out anderson is just that good.

I really like forrest and I hate to see him in this kind of mental state. He's obviously not handling it well but who are we to judge? Unless you are a fighter you have no idea how you would react in that same situation. Give the guy a break and drop it already. I hope he comes back strong and makes a show against his next opponent.
WheelchairBandit
10/3/09 8:09:57PM
Who cares?

WB.
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/3/09 8:48:50PM
There is no shame in losing to Anderson Silva. Even if he did make Forrest look inept it was disrespectful to run away. I expected Forrest to at least admit he was beaten by the best. He even said himself that he 'never said he was that good but he can fight and he's in shape'. What happened?
Is Forrest gonna come back better than ever?....I doubt it.
mikevolz
10/3/09 9:11:24PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by mikevolz

an onto my underlying point, who cares?

he doesn't owe you, me, or anderson anything. Dana white doesn't care? and i guaranteed you he lost thousands of dollars in endorsements running out of the cage. If he doesn't want to talk to the media after a brutal loss, how the hell is that viewed as "unsportsmenlike?"
Igmatheo
10/3/09 9:32:39PM

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by mikevolz

he doesn't owe you, me, or anderson anything. Dana white doesn't care? and i guaranteed you he lost thousands of dollars in endorsements running out of the cage. If he doesn't want to talk to the media after a brutal loss, how the hell is that viewed as "unsportsmenlike?"

I agree. I think it was man enough to accept the fight from the Spider. All these guys that hate on him for his jokes were probably made fun of in high school or something. Obviously the reporter was being an a$$hole, because that question has been asked a thousand times and from what Forest said he was being confrontational.

.... As if there's nothing else better to talk about in MMA.
EvenFlow
10/3/09 9:50:31PM

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by mikevolz

Onto a better point, its unprofessional to say things like "I was going to see your mother so she could give me head" or whatever. It really shows a lack of class with crude comments to a simple question and poor sportsmanship. It would be suffice to simply say, no comment or just walking away like Sylvia did.
mshalosky
10/3/09 10:05:47PM

Id probably put him at competant maybe respectable i think proficient is probably a little to generous. Damn i love that game
Sinister
10/3/09 11:40:37PM
Why is it a big deal to leave after the fight? I never knew this was disrespecting your opponents. He wrote in his book that when he would lose, he would start running outside the stadium to cool off his anger.

It's not a big deal and every is letting it become one. He lost, he knows he lost. He admits Silva is a better fighter. What more respect do people want?

Thats better than saying I was hurt during the fight or the other guy was greased up. Forrest respects the people he loses to more than any fighter I know so I think its time to hold off on the critism.
Sinister
10/3/09 11:44:00PM

Posted by Igmatheo

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by mikevolz

I agree. I think it was man enough to accept the fight from the Spider. All these guys that hate on him for his jokes were probably made fun of in high school or something. Obviously the reporter was being an a$$hole, because that question has been asked a thousand times and from what Forest said he was being confrontational.

.... As if there's nothing else better to talk about in MMA.

Yea, I'm sure its easy to say on a forum what a true "professional" would do but at the end of the day, we don't train the crazy amount of hours he does and lose the biggest fight of our lives. He showed respect to Silva and he really doesnt need to show any to the many reporters who want to hear the answer to the same question.
bigbubbano23
10/4/09 12:15:46AM
i'm not gonna think much into it, until i see how he reacts after his next fight.
EvenFlow
10/4/09 1:06:04AM

Posted by Sinister

Why is it a big deal to leave after the fight?

This thread is about the manner in which he handled an interview. What he said was immature and unprofessional, what do you expect? hes not going to get respect or praise by insulting someones mother whos asking a simple question that dosnt need a crude and distasteful response. I'm actually pretty disappointed and a little shocked he acted this way, I never thought I'd see him go the way of Tito.
KaibaThedon
10/4/09 1:29:48AM
Momma jokes? Really?

thats pretty low.
mentalcase
10/4/09 2:03:42AM
do u like my new av title
Igmatheo
10/4/09 2:10:42AM

Nice

do u like my new av title
Aether
10/4/09 2:21:37PM
I really never understood why this bothered people. Everyone saw him get KOed, it's not like a decision where standing there and waiting is necessary. All they're going to do is raise the other guy's hand and tell you to leave the cage. I doubt Anderson cared at all.
MMA-San
10/4/09 4:33:21PM
He's a fighter. He lost. He was pissed. He ran out of the cage. The end of story. get on with your lives people.
Pages: [1] 2