Forrest vs Rashad Rampage vs Wanderlei do the underdogs have their wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Forrest vs Rashad Rampage vs Wanderlei do the underdogs have their wins?
« Previous Page
POLL: Forrest vs Evans
Forrest KO TKO 10% (6)
Evans KO TKO 19% (11)
Forrest Sub 20% (12)
Evans Sub 2% (1)
Forrest dec 32% (19)
Evans dec 17% (10)
superfan
11/26/08 6:43:07PM
IMO i think that forrest will win by decision because I think that he will slow down evans with leg kicks and pick him apart like he did rampage
State_Champ
11/28/08 12:08:00PM
Sounds about right, although he didn't beat Rampage (Rampage was robbed). But I have heard forrest saying that he wants to use the jab and the leg kicks to establish distance against Evans.
StriderXero
11/29/08 2:16:00AM
I'm not really a fan of Forrest or Rashad.......but I think Forrest will probably take it. He's been in there with better fighters.

But Either way.......if Wandy beats Rampage as if he were toying with him.........I have no doubt in my mind Wandy is going to get a title shot before Machida. Wandy will beat up either Rashad or Forrest imo.

I see a recent interview with Rampage........as much as I like Rampage......the guy doesn't seem the same to me.
dannyfrank
11/29/08 7:43:29AM
I say forest by UD as well. forest definitely has a reach advantage over rashad, which he will use to pick him apart with jabs and leg kicks. if anyone is expecting rashad to KO forest like he did liddell, dont hold your breath. im not saying that the liddell fight was a fluke, but liddell, unlike forest, has a hard time keeping his hands up. i dont think that he'll be able to take forest down either after a few of those leg kicks land. therefore, ill be picking forest.

gsquat- its not hatred for rashad (at least not for me), i actually just think that the odds favor forest in this one

pimp out!
gsquat
11/29/08 10:14:54AM
I have a hard time believing reach is ever a problem for Rashad. He's at a reach disadvantage in about every fight. And having gone undefeated against guys with reaches like Imes's and Liddel's, I'm sure he's adjusted just fine. I don't think everyone who picks Forrest is doing so because of their disdain for Rashad. He's a tough guy and one of my favorite fighters. But I really do see Rashad ahead in all aspects of this matchup except JJ. And you guys really don't have to worry about a big "I told you so" explosion like last time. It was just because of all the circumstances and the "Rashad doesn't stand a chance and is gonna get KTFO" talk. Most people recognize this as a 50/50 matchup. So I guess we've talked all we can talk. The only thing to do is wait.
king_katool
11/30/08 2:37:43PM

Posted by gsquat

I have a hard time believing reach is ever a problem for Rashad. He's at a reach disadvantage in about every fight. And having gone undefeated against guys with reaches like Imes's and Liddel's, I'm sure he's adjusted just fine. I don't think everyone who picks Forrest is doing so because of their disdain for Rashad. He's a tough guy and one of my favorite fighters. But I really do see Rashad ahead in all aspects of this matchup except JJ. And you guys really don't have to worry about a big "I told you so" explosion like last time. It was just because of all the circumstances and the "Rashad doesn't stand a chance and is gonna get KTFO" talk. Most people recognize this as a 50/50 matchup. So I guess we've talked all we can talk. The only thing to do is wait.

thats what pissed me off 2. rashad no chance liddel gonna KTFO, even a WHOLE THREAD on why rashad would lose, at least he gettin some credit this fight, it's gona be a war

WAR RASHAD EVANS
State_Champ
11/30/08 10:36:45PM
I realy don't like Rashad at all. I think Forrest will beat him for sure.
I expect to see Forrest focus on using kicks and his long reach to keep Rashad away. I've read that posts saying that people don't think reach-difference is a problem for Rashad and that's why I think Forrest will use it; reach should be an issue if the longer-limbed fighter wants to make it one.

My mind is made up on Rashad vs Forrest, but I don't know who will win the fight between Rampage and Wanderlei.
gsquat
12/1/08 10:00:13AM

Posted by State_Champ
I realy don't like Rashad at all. I think Forrest will beat him for sure.

I think this makes my point exactly and sums it up for just about everyone here. He doesn't like Rashad, and because of it he's picking Forrest. Thats a good way to make your picks.
tberg420
12/1/08 10:58:46AM
I'm picking Forrest because I think that he will outwork Rashad. In every fight that Forrest has had in the UFC, something happens and he slowly takes the fight over. I expect Rashad to win Round 1 but Forrest takes it from there. I think this fight can only end in decision and those thinking Rashad KO's Forrest are crazy.
Pages: 1 [2]