Forrest vs Rashad Rampage vs Wanderlei do the underdogs have their wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Forrest vs Rashad Rampage vs Wanderlei do the underdogs have their wins?
Next Page »
POLL: Forrest vs Evans
Forrest KO TKO 10% (6)
Evans KO TKO 19% (11)
Forrest Sub 20% (12)
Evans Sub 2% (1)
Forrest dec 32% (19)
Evans dec 17% (10)
seanfu
10/27/08 11:56:31PM
I picked Rashad over Forest because I see Rashad having a significant advantage int the stylistic matchup. Having the superior athleticism, an INTELIGENT camp if not inteligent gameplan, and perky nipples.
I don't see a finish likely here.

Also, I'm 50 50 on Rampage Wanderlei. Wandy is overated to me and isn't favorible in a cage. A 1 hitter quitter on Jardine didn't turn my head. Rampage is a superior matchup in the cage I think. But he could be mind ****** after his last loss and break from Ibarra.

What do you guys think?
cmill21
10/28/08 12:05:37AM
I could go with Rashad, but IMO this fight is a toss up. As for Wand and Rampage I think this fight is a good fight for Wand. I don't think Rampage has the ability to defend the clinch, and Wand has a devastating clinch. Rampage could take Wand down and ground him out, which is the only way for him to win IMO, but he will have to get through the assault and then deal with what Wand's been learing at EXC.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/28/08 12:29:44AM
It's going to be a forrest griffin decision most likely from picking rashad apart with his huge reach advantage . I could also see him slapping a triangle on rashad if he manages to get a take down . I could also see forrest stuffing rashad in the late rounds after rashad gasses , turtling to rashad's back and rear naked choking him . Rashads only hope in this fight is a one punch knockout imo . Rashad gasses in 3 round fights , no way he has enough to match forrest's cardio for 5 rounds.

And wandy will K page TFO or lose a decision arona style . WAR WANDY!!!
mentalcase
10/28/08 3:38:10AM
i see forest winning a decsion by keeping him at bay with leg kicks and jabs
i think rampage may be able to win a decsion over wandy if he takes him down
gsquat
10/28/08 11:44:59AM
Rashad is better than Forrest everywhere but JJ, and Rashad has avoided better JJ than Forrest's. It's an easy call but it's hard for people to pick against a current champ, let alone a fan favorite. Speaking of JJ Rashad has been working his a lot. I expect to see him take Forrest down and pound on him before sinking in a kimura. If Rashad wants to be and stay champ, he knows he needs to be well rounded and thats what Greg Jackson is working on with him.
bls1919
10/28/08 6:59:29PM
i see Forrest grinding another UD out. It should be a hell of a fight. Evans needs to use his wrestleing backwards and try to catch Forrest. The Rampage/Wandy fight should be another fight just like the Chuck/Wandy fight. A total standup throwdown. If this happens Wandy wins by TKO. Page needs to take him down and GNP. I will be pulling for Forrest and Wandy
RhythmAndStyle
10/28/08 7:33:59PM
i see Evans winning by tko..i think this match probably will end up on the ground..where Evans has better skills on the ground than Forrest..and end up with a tko or sub over Forrest..the Rampage and Silva fight is iffy..but i have Rampage dec. over Silva..was too impress with Silva last win over Jardine..and it might be that time for Silva to finally lose to a better Rampage...
Drudinh
10/29/08 1:09:27AM

Posted by bls1919

i see Forrest grinding another UD out. It should be a hell of a fight. Evans needs to use his wrestleing backwards and try to catch Forrest. The Rampage/Wandy fight should be another fight just like the Chuck/Wandy fight. A total standup throwdown. If this happens Wandy wins by TKO. Page needs to take him down and GNP. I will be pulling for Forrest and Wandy

higdon10
10/29/08 1:12:14AM
I like Evans over Forrest and Page over Wandy
copcopps
10/29/08 12:12:30PM
Evans by tko or decision, Greg Jackson seems to be Forest's worst enemy
cmb19932
10/29/08 1:52:38PM

Evans by tko or decision, Greg Jackson seems to be Forest's worst enemy

thats a good point if rashad twists his nipples its over but i gotta go with forrest he is a smart fighter and i think he has a way of picking weakneses no one else sees
higdon10
10/29/08 7:49:42PM

Posted by cmb19932

thats a good point if rashad twists his nipples its over but i gotta go with forrest he is a smart fighter and i think he has a way of picking weakneses no one else sees

Seems like you're mistaking Forrest with Greg Jackson.
mkiv9secsupra
10/29/08 11:34:01PM
Forrest beats Rashad easily
mkiv9secsupra
10/29/08 11:56:49PM

Posted by gsquat

Rashad is better than Forrest everywhere but JJ,

yeah cardio and stirking have been proven time and time again.....hope you like your new AV after this fight as well

The only way Rashad wins this is by a perfect gameplan, Forrest outclasses Rashad everywhere else
prozacnation1978
10/30/08 10:37:38AM
both guys have great cardio it could go 5 rounds easy but
this wil be third straight fight live i see forrest fight last two against shogun and page i was rooting for those boys to win this time not only will i root for forrest to win i will be buying a forrest shirt sortly to wear there

wandy vs page

i have seen it already twice and third time will not be a charm for page. wandy will knock him out.

and mir??
mir has no shot at winning
this will be a standup battle with nog knocking him out do do mir's lack or cardio in the deep water rounds
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/08 10:50:09AM
I think Evans sv Forrest is a pretty even matchup, but just to look at it:

Wrestling: Rashad
BJJ: Forrest
Standup: Forrest (slightly)
Cardio: Forrest
Power/Strength: Rashad
Chin: Rashad
Speed: Rashad
Reach/Distance/Size: Forrest
Heart: Equal
Gameplan: ?

Should be a good fight, IMO the real test will be if Forrest can keep him at range with jab/kick/footwork or if Rashad can get inside and use his speed/power to his advantage... It's not quite as obvious as a classic striker vs grappler matchup but this is a throwback fight much the same to me... Their styles match each other perfectly and make this fight really intriguing... I know it's just how the cards fell, but otherwise I think this would be looked at as a brilliant piece of matchmaking.

Wand - Page III isn't quite as intersting of a fight for me just because we've already seen it twice, although I don't think it'll end the same as the other; I do think that Wanderlei's got Rampage's number and will get the win one way or another
bjj1605
11/19/08 2:45:02PM
Wandy will knock rampage out with brutal knees..... again.

Forrest will pick rashad apart, ware him out, and win a UD or maybe a late SUB.
artofdefense
11/19/08 4:42:31PM
Rashad's striking technique is no where near on par with Forrest's.

His wrestling is unexplosive and poorly adapted to MMA.

We will be talking about how this flash in the pan ever got to challenge Forrest in a few years...
cmill21
11/19/08 4:46:04PM

Posted by artofdefense

We will be talking about how this flash in the pan ever got to challenge Forrest in a few years...

I don't really think Forrest is a super talented guy, he is definetly a blood and guts fighter. I think he's a funny guy and a great role model but I don't think there is anything that he does that is much better then rashad.
mk1630
11/19/08 4:50:23PM
Since this hasnt been brought up yet, do any of you think the cage instead of the ring will have any affect on the Wand/ Page fight? Seeing as the cage benifits the wrestler, and Page is probably going to wind up wanting to take Wand, does this change anything from the first 2 fights they had?
cmill21
11/19/08 5:03:00PM

Posted by mk1630

Since this hasnt been brought up yet, do any of you think the cage instead of the ring will have any affect on the Wand/ Page fight? Seeing as the cage benifits the wrestler, and Page is probably going to wind up wanting to take Wand, does this change anything from the first 2 fights they had?

I thought about this but Wand is going to have more room to move away if he needs to and it can acctually benafit a guy if he knows how to use the cage to get up. Wand is training at XC and I think he will be able to learn how to do just that.
mach
11/20/08 8:52:43AM
Forrest by UD Wandy by Rd 3 KO
State_Champ
11/20/08 6:49:17PM
Forrest has more heart than Rashad. I think Forrest will win by UD.
Wanderlei must be inside Quinton's head. Wanderlei will KO/TKO Rampage late 2nd or early 3rd round.
Pookie
11/20/08 10:50:51PM

Posted by gsquat

Rashad is better than Forrest everywhere but JJ, and Rashad has avoided better JJ than Forrest's. It's an easy call but it's hard for people to pick against a current champ, let alone a fan favorite. Speaking of JJ Rashad has been working his a lot. I expect to see him take Forrest down and pound on him before sinking in a kimura. If Rashad wants to be and stay champ, he knows he needs to be well rounded and thats what Greg Jackson is working on with him.

I dont know man, forrest has a better sprawl then rashad IMO and that could mean a world of difference in this fight.
RiseUp21
11/21/08 4:27:46PM

Posted by gsquat

I think it is just as hard for me to pick against a Jackson fighter as it is to pick against a current champ/fan favorite, hah.
gsquat
11/21/08 5:02:54PM

Posted by artofdefense

This obviously isnt true so you can chalk this up to more irrational hatred for Rashad.

Honestly honestly I don't see Rashad having too much trouble with Forrest. Rashad wont be afraid to stand with Forrest, but expect Forrest to spend a lot of time on his back. Rashad will likely win a decision, but could score a tko or even a kimura. Forrest does have a good sprawl, but Rashad doesn't need to shoot to score a takedown. It'll be much easier for him to drop for a TD from the clinch. With Greg Jackson, expect Rashad to be the fighter he needs to be to win the fight and not necessarily come out with the same game plans of past.
cmb19932
11/21/08 6:05:44PM
i think u are blinded by your irrational hate for an1 fighting rashad i say forrest rd3 triangle ....because your right about one thing forrest will spend alot of tim on his back and it will lead to rashads downfall
EvenFlow
11/21/08 11:38:22PM
Forrest Rashad is tough to pick, I want to pick both for different reasons, despite some ppl saying Rashad is gonna owned I think hes got a very good chance of taking it and I'm leaning toward Rashad by KO or UD. Rashad better not get sloppy off his back if he lnp's the whole fight and gets caught by a sub, which is likely if Forrest can drag this fight out winning rounds.

Posted by cmill21

Posted by mk1630

I thought about this but Wand is going to have more room to move away if he needs to and it can acctually benafit a guy if he knows how to use the cage to get up. Wand is training at XC and I think he will be able to learn how to do just that.

Excellent points, it will be way different with the cage for Wand Page 3, like you said theres more space to move around but the cage favors the wreslter. I also agree that the xtreme couture training is helping sprawl and movement leaps and bounds before they fought the 2nd time, I think that makes this fight even more in Wand's than it already is.

I cannot f'ing wait to go to Vegas on the 27th wooooooooooooooooooooo
haggiswashere
11/26/08 12:35:03PM
Do you guys think Forrests leg kicks will slow down rashads takedowns? it looked like it messed up rampages legs pretty bad.
cowcatcher
11/26/08 12:46:29PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Do you guys think Forrests leg kicks will slow down rashads takedowns? it looked like it messed up rampages legs pretty bad.

you can bet that forrest will be trying to use those same kicks against rashad, and that may be the big difference maker in the fight. i think the forrest rashad matchup is as close as it gets, both guys are solid all around fighters, although rashads stand up is getting a little more praise than it deserves, but when you knock out a poster boy its to be expected. im thinking forrest grinds this one out, but nothing short of a gogoplata would surprise me in this one.

page and wandy....well how can you really justify picking against wandy in this one? page is good but there are so many damn question marks around his mental state stemming from his(no pun intended) rampage in the truck, to his prior 2 brutal losses to wandy. if sports are truly 90% mental then theres no way i can justify picking rampage.
Pages: [1] 2