Forrest VS Liddell.This fight would bring in the money.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Forrest VS Liddell.This fight would bring in the money.
POLL: How much money would Griffin VS Lidddell bring the UFC???
The highest grossing UFC ever 35% (13)
A lot of money 59% (22)
decent both nothing out of the ordinary. 5% (2)
mrsmiley
7/6/08 6:17:36PM
I'll admit i'm not a huge fan of Forrest or Chuck,and I honestly believe Machida should be next in line for a title shot.But I can't deny the fact that Griffin VS Liddell would probably be one of the biggest money draws the UFC has ever had.Both are arguably the 2 biggest faces in the promotion,and a fight between the 2 would bring in casual and hardcore fans from all over the place.
If Chuck gets past Rashad,i'm thinking he will fight Forrest.

What do you guys think?
One of the biggest PPV's money wise the UFC would ever have?
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 6:29:01PM
It might be good for average fans, but bad for hardcore fans, who know that Machida should be next.
aaa9erh8er
7/6/08 6:31:31PM
im still not completly sold on machida hes good but i wanna see him compete agains a top ten or 2. however i do think that the liddell griffen fight would be awsome a student vs teacher bout. also they really are two of the bigest names and most known by the majority of fans. i think no i no it would gross a lot of money
cmill21
7/6/08 6:31:53PM
It will be the highest grossing UFC ppv ever. Barring Chuck losing to Rashad, it will happen.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/6/08 6:32:22PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

It might be good for average fans, but bad for hardcore fans, who know that Machida should be next.

yeah
EON
7/6/08 6:49:27PM
I dont see why Liddell is more popular than Rampage, page is just better than Liddell, I dont think Liddell has much of a chance against Forrest.
Hurricane_Brad
7/6/08 6:54:48PM
Assuming that Chuck beats Rashad, I think that this will be Forrest's first title defense. Both are big draws and Liddell was the longtime goldenboy of the UFC, I'm sure they would love for him to hold the belt again. Even if he lost, it would still be great business for the UFC, because it would only boost Forrest's popularity and legitimacy.
Jshep714
7/6/08 6:55:01PM
Liddell is more popular than Page because Liddell fought in the US during the The Ultimate Fighter craze, plus he was one of the coaches. I don' t think it will be the highest grossing UFC ever, but I think it will be close.
aaa9erh8er
7/6/08 6:59:52PM
ok my question then is first what is the actual highest grossing ufc to date. and does that number count ppv hits. also what in your opinons would or could be bigger..........?
MFOTHER
7/6/08 7:07:02PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

ok my question then is first what is the actual highest grossing ufc to date. and does that number count ppv hits. also what in your opinons would or could be bigger..........?

i heard this.....not sure if it was acurate, but i think it was mir/lesnar

well i heard that was the biggest ppv buy........is that what u guys are talking about? or do u mean overall draw.........cause that must go to an event where they set attendance records + sold alot of ppv's.

i would have assumed liddell/couture II or III or liddell/tito I or II....
grappler0000
7/6/08 7:28:08PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

The largest PPV draw was 1,050,000 for Chuck/Tito 2. To put it in perscpective, the average PPV usually ranges between 400,000 - 500,000 views...big names like Tito, Chuck, Brock, etc. will bring in a higher than average viewership.
Buddharox
7/6/08 8:25:39PM
I'm not sure it'd do better than Chuck/Tito 2. Tito is far more recognizable than Forrest, and he's known for more than just TUF/UFC.
dannyfrank
7/6/08 8:53:46PM

Posted by EON

I dont see why Liddell is more popular than Rampage, page is just better than Liddell, I dont think Liddell has much of a chance against Forrest.

not necessarily. i mean look at it this way: chuck beat wanderlei, wanderlei beat rampage, and rampage beat chuck. anything can happen
Naturaldisaster
7/6/08 9:56:24PM
Chuck is my favorite fighter but I think forrest would take that fight
FrankTheTank1181
7/6/08 11:29:11PM
I think this is why so many people have a problem with the decision in Griffin/Jackson. People see that with Forrest having the title, Dana White gets to put his two "poster boys" in a title fight. Although I think Machida deserves the shot first, Liddell/Griffin would be a very profitable PPV. I don't see Machida brawling with Griffin which could make for 25 minutes of watching paint dry, which isn't very appealing.