Forrest Griffins title defense really has to be.................................

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Forrest Griffins title defense really has to be.................................
« Previous Page
POLL: Forrest's next fight should be
Lyoto Machida 65% (44)
Chuck Liddell 24% (16)
Rampage 12% (8)
Wandy 0% (0)
whardin19
7/7/08 8:15:04PM
The only possible canditates right now are:

Rampage, because of how that fight ended with all the stuff going on about it being too close. (although I think Forrest won that decision)

Machida, because he's undefeated and beat some decent names. (although I think he needs to beat a top 10 LHW first)

Liddell/Evans winner, because it just makes the most sense. Liddell beats Wanderlei and then Evans. Just seems like enough to me. Or Evans stays undefeated by beating the top 10 Liddell.

The Liddell/Evans winner just makes the most sense to me right now.
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 8:15:33PM

Posted by MoJoy

Soko is top level. Anybody who knows MMA knows that. Do yourself a favor look at rankings on sites and lhw fighters. Most have Soko in the 7-10 range, and Tito right at 10 or outside of 10. And you dont understand MMA at all if you think you have to finish someone to dominate them. Did you ever see CCotoure Sylvia. That was a 5 round fight. And it was a domination by Cotoure . And Machida utterly dominated Tito, like few have done. Had the first round gone seconds longers its over right there. And he destroyed Rich Franklin and Stephen Bonner , both long tenured ufc fighters. So now you resort to saying Tito and Soko are not top fighters. What your doing is called reaching. You got nothing and your now slandering top fighters just to prove a wrong point of Machida not deserving a title shot. Just cause Machida destroys them does not make them not top fighters, it just shows how great Machida is. Your a hater not a realist.

Anybody who knows MMA knows how to spell their names correctly......

BTW their names are spelled Couture and Stephan Bonnar
fade2black2004
7/7/08 8:22:28PM

Posted by whardin19

The only possible canditates right now are:

Rampage, because of how that fight ended with all the stuff going on about it being too close. (although I think Forrest won that decision)

Machida, because he's undefeated and beat some decent names. (although I think he needs to beat a top 10 LHW first)

Liddell/Evans winner, because it just makes the most sense. Liddell beats Wanderlei and then Evans. Just seems like enough to me. Or Evans stays undefeated by beating the top 10 Liddell.

The Liddell/Evans winner just makes the most sense to me right now.

i think if Liddell wins he should get a shot because that will give him a win over Silva and a guy who is undefeated

if Rashad wins let him have one more fight and if he can pull out a win give him the shot
Ben_Hutch
7/7/08 9:00:16PM
They are all as rubbish as each other, not rubbish but they isn't anyone who stands out as the true greatest LHW in the UFC.
Ordep
7/8/08 11:23:15AM

Posted by sammyd1213

If Evans beats Liddell you have to give him a shot. As much as I cant stand the guy, he will have earned it.

DRAW (actually a loss) vs. Tito
SPLIT vs. Bisping
and lest assume a not really impresive win vs Liddell

= Title shot?

hmmm don't think so if you look a the rest of the people in the division.
I would put even Jardine with his last loss on top of him.
bobbydoomocculta
7/8/08 11:06:30PM

Posted by Mayhem13

the LHW division is really a mess right now..with contenders

Wanderlei and Chuck both are coming off of wins..but lost atleast twice each before the win...

Jardine was getting close...but just lost..

Sokoudjou needs more wins

Machida is probably the most deserving only beacause he hasnt lost and has some big names on his win list (although not all were in UFC)

Shogun self inflicted his self outof the picture by fighting injured

Thiago Silva needs to face someone good...

Matt Hammill could move a step closer if he beats Franklin...but still too far down the line..

if Rashad beats Chuck he could get the shot..

i dont know..Machida gets my vote I guess

Pages: 1 [2]