Griffin - (T)KO 35% (16)
Griffin - Submission 7% (3)
Griffin - Decision 30% (14)
Silva - (T)KO 26% (12)
Silva - Submission 2% (1)
Silva - Decision 0% (0)
chickmagnet
3/16/09 11:02:27PM
This is an interesting fight, they are both coming off losses. Thiago was previously undefeated, Forrest was previously the champ. I think Forrest will win if not finish this one, Thiago's cardio hasn't really been pushed and Forrest will definitely push it. Forrest can take Thiago down and he has a longer reach and I believe he is the quicker of the two.

Forrest by 3rd round tko stoppage.
bojangalz
3/16/09 11:23:08PM
idk man...

I think Forrest usually needs to take a few shots before he gets into his groove. Silva usually comes out guns-a-blazin. I've got a feeling that he's gonna put it on Griffin early and the fight probably won't get out of the first round.
Styles
3/16/09 11:30:44PM
This is one of those fights that are really hard to call. If Forrest doesn't go out and defend himself, he will probally go to sleep. This is really Forrest's fight to call IMO. Forrest has the better cardio and better skills to make it his fight, but his problem is taking punishment, which sometimes he likes to do. IDK if he can do that against Silva.

Did I miss something though, are these 2 fighting?
EMauricio
3/16/09 11:34:10PM
wow. I love this match. I couldn't have asked for a better one. My heart tells me Thiago is going to win but my head is going with Forrest. Forrest is more versatile and should not get caught with Thiago's counteroffense style. Thiago was exposed in his fight against Lyoto and unless he changes his style dramatically, Forrest is just going to tear him apart.

Gosh, I had so much hope on my Brazilian boy.

NatedawgThaM
3/17/09 12:11:18AM
Like I said in the news section, Thiago ain't ready he's really being thrown to the wolves in his last 2. He should move ups slowly like against Jardine or Bonnar. But he'll have to catch Forrest early but I could see that happening like in the Jardine fight, Forrest whoops ass then gets caught.

But Forrest is too smart of a fighter and Thiagos chin and cardio is a bigger question too me then Forrest chin since he's taken bombs b4 in went all 5 with Page. Forrest outboxes him on the outside and wears him down until he stops him late in the 1st or early in the 2nd.

And I am a big Thiago Silva fan, still got faith in him being the future so yes Pookie, it kills me to see this fight even happening nevertheless say that. But it'd be cool as hell if he could pull it out but were talking about Forrest one of the smartest fighters in all of MMA cuz he trains with another one in Randy.
Pookie
3/17/09 12:35:32AM
He really just needs to sharpen his skills.

His BJJ top game is devastating, but he doesnt necassarily have the skills to get the takedown on many fighters in the UFC's LHW "Sprawl and Brawl" division.

His power is heavy too, but he takes hits to give them, and with his brawler style he should really work on his accuracy, because most of the fighters in the LHW division have a reach advantage and a hand speed advantage over him.

He has tons of potential to grow as a fighter, but right now hes just over his head going in against 2 top 5 LHW's back to back.

mkiv9secsupra
3/17/09 9:12:19AM
I dont think Thiago can beat any top 10 LHW.... 'nuff said.

Forrest in a very one sided UD.
4u2nv
3/17/09 9:24:10AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I dont think Thiago can beat any top 10 LHW.... 'nuff said.

Forrest in a very one sided UD.

Agreed... this is just Forest's stepping stone for a shot at Page again.
Saginawsfinest
3/17/09 9:59:44AM
This on paper is a pretty good match up, but to fight fans we all know how it will end up. If Forrest wins he will probabaly get the loser of Machida-Evans, then a title shot
copcopps
3/17/09 10:02:41AM
No idea who wins this. I'll be taking the safe side and pick Griffin though
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/17/09 1:49:42PM

Posted by bojangalz

idk man...

I think Forrest usually needs to take a few shots before he gets into his groove. Silva usually comes out guns-a-blazin. I've got a feeling that he's gonna put it on Griffin early and the fight probably won't get out of the first round.

If Thiago lands big shots against Forrest I reckon it's going to be over pretty quick
tlangley
3/18/09 12:58:03AM
ya know....Silva has never impressed me
slapshot
3/18/09 4:34:25AM
Silva's record is kind of padded even though he's got the wins, the one thing you can say about Forrest is he has fought most of the top 10 fighters in the division. Ill go with Forrest.
bjj1605
3/18/09 11:52:21AM
This is such a close fight. At first glance I'd say Silva should have an easy win. He
s got superior striking and great grappling. But Forrest has that pace and he's very well rounded. I say forrest's heart pulls him through adversity for a UD Win.
mkiv9secsupra
3/18/09 12:01:09PM

Posted by bjj1605
At first glance I'd say Silva should have an easy win. Hes got superior striking

Its very hard to justify how Silva, who is a wild puncher, is more technical than Forrest. He has more power yes, but Forrest does just about everything by the book now.
chickmagnet
3/18/09 2:50:21PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by bjj1605
At first glance I'd say Silva should have an easy win. Hes got superior striking

Its very hard to justify how Silva, who is a wild puncher, is more technical than Forrest. He has more power yes, but Forrest does just about everything by the book now.

I believe Forrest has got very underrated punching power, he did rock Evans a few times during the fight, and I believe he dominated the stand-up against Shogun, he hit Rampage really hard a few times during the fight. I think he hits just as hard as Silva. Honestly if Rampage couldn't finish Forrest I doubt Thiago will.

Forrest will dominate this fight.
higdon10
3/18/09 7:51:25PM
I dont think that Silva will be able to get inside and will be picked apart. Griffin by UD.