Forrest Griffin pulling for Chuck Liddell at UFC 88

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest Griffin pulling for Chuck Liddell at UFC 88
MMAcca
9/6/08 10:13:12AM
ATLANTA - With a potential title shot on the line in tonight's UFC 88 main-event fight with Rashad Evans, Chuck Liddell could be just one win away from a shot at Forrest Griffin's light-heavyweight title.

UFC President Dana White recently mentioned the possibility of that scenario, and on Friday, the former champion got some additional support.

As mentioned in today's edition of the Dayton Daily News, it came from the current title-holder.

During a Q&A segment with the UFC's fan club (and hosted by UFC broadcast Mike Golberg), Griffin was at first hesitant to predict a winner in tonight's Liddell-Evans main event, which takes place at Atlanta's Philips Arena. But, after a little prodding and some critical thinking, Griffin picked a winner.

However, he was admittedly self-serving with his prediction.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
9/6/08 12:49:17PM
I think everyone would rather see Chuck vs Forrest, instead of Rashad vs Forrest(this one sounds like a snoozer). With chucky and forrest, you will have a TUF 1 student vs coach. Also will be a very exciting stand up fight.
Porch28
9/6/08 1:34:25PM
Run Forrest Run!!!!!!
jakeiceman
9/6/08 3:25:11PM
Mad respect for Forrest. Liddell would be a much tougher fight for him and he knows it. That's what is cool about him, he would rather take the hard fight. Then again, Liddell and Rashad have not fought yet so I sure as hell am not assuming that Liddell will even fight Forrest next.

Here is me praying that Liddell has not taken Rashad lightly because I want to see Liddell/Griffin!!!!
Wolfenstein
9/6/08 4:08:45PM
I don't think he can beat either guy. I constantly underestimate him, but I still think he's on a streak of flukes.
casey64
9/6/08 4:16:29PM
Go Rashad, at least I want him to win.
jocka
9/6/08 7:02:07PM

Posted by casey64

Go Rashad, at least I want him to win.

Griffin is a game guy with big balls, if indeed The iceman wins it would be a tougher fight a lot more risk in my opinion but Griffin is a champion at heart because he wants the harder fight... You got to love him for that
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
9/6/08 7:34:02PM
I think Thiago Silva is the biggest threat to Forrest in that division
I see Griffin winning decisions over machida and Liddell.
But Thiago likes to bang and is very good at it.
jakeiceman
9/6/08 10:59:54PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Ha ha I heard somewhere that this Chuck Liddell guy likes to bang too.....and is much better at it than Thiago Silva....also Liddell has a chin and I have come to doubt Silva's
JimiMak
9/7/08 12:47:41AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Ha ha I heard somewhere that this Chuck Liddell guy likes to bang too.....and is much better at it than Thiago Silva....also Liddell has a chin and I have come to doubt Silva's

his chin didn't hold up to well tonight.

Machida is undoubtedly no1 now.
JoeySteel
9/7/08 4:51:02AM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT.

"Rashad vs Forrest(this one sounds like a snoozer)"

If I was Forrest I would want Chuck to win to, Forrest has a chance to beat chuck, HE HAS NO CHANCE OF BEATING EVANS.

You haters just don't see it, open your eyes.

We have seen Forrest in a dozen Chuck/ Forrest type fights. I CAN'T WAIT for Evans vs. Forrest. It's gonna be a slaughter.
Pookie
9/7/08 6:37:55AM

Posted by JoeySteel

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT.

"Rashad vs Forrest(this one sounds like a snoozer)"

If I was Forrest I would want Chuck to win to, Forrest has a chance to beat chuck, HE HAS NO CHANCE OF BEATING EVANS.

You haters just don't see it, open your eyes.

We have seen Forrest in a dozen Chuck/ Forrest type fights. I CAN'T WAIT for Evans vs. Forrest. It's gonna be a slaughter.

But... why?
palaceonballas
9/7/08 1:07:12PM
Too bad for Forrest now, looks like it could be Evans for him soon

jgtribbett
9/7/08 5:26:24PM
i think that, forrest will rely on the game plans his coaches come up with to help him win. i dont think he's a better fighter than.... any of the top 5 guys.... i just think his game plans are good