Forrest Griffin: Another loss for Shogun Rua next and he was ‘overhyped’ (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Forrest Griffin: Another loss for Shogun Rua next and he was ‘overhyped’ (Video)
juanez13
1/14/08 5:06:20PM
LINK (the part with shogun starts like with 4 mins left)

i dont really know why mmamania put that title for the video, its more so the interviewer that suggests that shogun was overhyped, but anyways a pretty good video talking about UFC coming to canada and interview with Griffin, amongst other things
xchickox
1/14/08 5:42:02PM
i love how the guy in the first email says he is a certified mma lunatic then doesn't know what happened to frank mir
Underhook
1/14/08 8:57:40PM
another reason to hate forrest, war rampage
loonytnt
1/15/08 12:31:09AM
imo rampage is going win there fight, i dont think forrest should be fightin for the belt
cmill21
1/15/08 12:35:49AM

Posted by loonytnt

imo rampage is going win there fight, i dont think forrest should be fightin for the belt

I agree. It's a business though and this fight will make money, and TUF 7 will draw huge ratings. Rampage has had alot of bad fights in his career though, so who knows, but IMO if Rampage is 100% mentally he should kill Forrest.
telnights
1/15/08 12:50:48AM

Posted by juanez13
i dont really know why mmamania put that title for the video, its more so the interviewer that suggests that shogun was overhyped,

The only thing Forrest Griffin said is that Shogun would be over hyped if he lost his next fight and thats only because the interviewer set it up that way.

For the guy saying yet another reason to hate Forrest hate is a really strong word to use don't you think. Plus I really think Forrest Griffin is tailor made to get a UD win over Page.
Underhook
1/15/08 1:04:58AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by juanez13
i dont really know why mmamania put that title for the video, its more so the interviewer that suggests that shogun was overhyped,

The only thing Forrest Griffin said is that Shogun would be over hyped if he lost his next fight and thats only because the interviewer set it up that way.

For the guy saying yet another reason to hate Forrest hate is a really strong word to use don't you think. Plus I really think Forrest Griffin is tailor made to get a UD win over Page.

i dont hate him just upset he gets a title shot for being popular, its like that high school mentality "its who you know" type thing, just dont think he deserves rampage

i wanted to see rampage fight the guys who beat him, liddell and forrest kinda ruined it, i guess i dont hate him but i didnt like the comment he made anyway even if it was set up, they were both injured so no excuses for shogun or griffin
jomatty
1/15/08 2:45:34AM
noone has more incentive to say ruas is a bad ass than forrest. anyone can beat a chump. rua will show everyone what he is made of in his next few fights anyway
ufcboss
1/15/08 5:15:28AM
You HATE Forrest because you are scared that Rampage will be knocked off the top by a TUF guy.

How else can you hate Forrest, He is cool as, One the funniest fighter's out there, And he finished Rua......................Oh wait, Now I know why you hate him!

WAR FORREST.

If only people would learn to never count ANYONE out in MMA.

Look how good he look's with the belt.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
hippysmacker
1/15/08 5:21:34AM
Exact Forrest quote" I thought he would be pretty good , and he was. If he loses his next fight , or doesn't look too great in his next fight, then yeah he was overhyped. If not, he just had a bad night"

How anyone can make that into him talking smack on Shogun, or use it as a excuse to talk crap on Forrest is beyond me.
Underhook
1/15/08 5:47:57AM

Posted by ufcboss

You HATE Forrest because you are scared that Rampage will be knocked off the top by a TUF guy.

How else can you hate Forrest, He is cool as, One the funniest fighter's out there, And he finished Rua......................Oh wait, Now I know why you hate him!

WAR FORREST.

If only people would learn to never count ANYONE out in MMA.

Look how good he look's with the belt.

lol thats a funny pic
xchickox
1/15/08 10:29:19AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Exact Forrest quote" I thought he would be pretty good , and he was. If he loses his next fight , or doesn't look too great in his next fight, then yeah he was overhyped. If not, he just had a bad night"

How anyone can make that into him talking smack on Shogun, or use it as a excuse to talk crap on Forrest is beyond me.

spot on, people just seem to have taken this the wrong way, forrest seems like a such a nice guy and deserves the title shot because if shogun had beaten him then shogun would have got the title shot