Forrest Griffin: ‘I hate’ Anderson Silva (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest Griffin: ‘I hate’ Anderson Silva (Video)
SmileR
7/19/08 10:11:37AM
Forrest is the man!!! People should watch this interview!...Link
matt_black
7/19/08 11:03:01AM
forrest is a hard guy not to like
Darnok
7/19/08 11:10:02AM
I like how he said they were gonna try and bribe Silva to stay at 185
Meg
7/19/08 11:30:51AM
Anything that guy says is gold.
The_Italian_Stallion
7/19/08 12:23:10PM
Forrest Griffin has a lot of class. That's all that can be said, he just seems like such a genuine guy and he's hilarious...
nastshabast
7/19/08 12:45:49PM
So I'll put $20 down that says this post will end up being taken out of context so badly....
Nightmare27
7/19/08 1:24:00PM
I still cant see why everybody is on this guys jock so bad. Yeah he won the belt, I get that part, but hes going to lose in his first defense regardless of who it is to. Anderson would rip him apart!!
The_Grim_Reaper
7/19/08 1:28:25PM

Posted by nastshabast

So I'll put $20 down that says this post will end up being taken out of context so badly....

ill take that bet.....everyone understand Forrest and its like...how can you hate on him....you can't
Chuteboxer
7/19/08 1:33:35PM
It would seem we've got quite the goofball as the LHW champ.

Not that it's a bad thing. Forrest is a great guy. I don't know how long he'll reign, but at least he's got the title for now.
JimiMak
7/19/08 1:36:41PM

Posted by Nightmare27

hes going to lose in his first defense regardless of who it is to.

I hope you realize the idiocy of this statement. No one thought he could beat Shogun, he destroyed him before choking him out. Noone thought he could beat Rampage, he takes a razor close dec. He's not one of my fav's at all, but to say he'd lose no matter who it's too is just not a smart thing to say.
RMFG_187
7/19/08 2:54:29PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Nightmare27

I hope you realize the idiocy of this statement. No one thought he could beat Shogun, he destroyed him before choking him out. Noone thought he could beat Rampage, he takes a razor close dec. He's not one of my fav's at all, but to say he'd lose no matter who it's too is just not a smart thing to say.

ok, its almost a month later, and yet there are people that are still doggin on Forrest. I dont understand. He did the unthinkable TWICE, and most still think its either a fluke, or a shame that hes the champ. why? I just want to know why u guys hate him so much, or if not hate him, hate that hes champ? The ones that were always with Forrest. The ones that Hate forrest but have respect for him the ones that have no respect or never liked him, keep ur comments to yourselves, cuz I dont think anyone wants to hear him at this point.

Im not sayin u gotta love Forrest, U dont gotta think he's the best ever( but he is ). Im just sayin show the dude some respect, He finished Shogun, and Beat Rampage, does that not deserve respect?

I Hate BJ, but I still have the utmost respect for him being a champ and an awesome fighter.

all im sayin is, comon guys grow up.
nastshabast
7/19/08 3:30:44PM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

Posted by nastshabast

ill take that bet.....everyone understand Forrest and its like...how can you hate on him....you can't

game, set , match....or tap
MaxOne
7/19/08 3:41:08PM
i don't think he beat rampage but personality wise he's great for the sport as a champ.
Aaronno9
7/19/08 3:42:17PM

Posted by Nightmare27

I still cant see why everybody is on this guys jock so bad. Yeah he won the belt, I get that part, but hes going to lose in his first defense regardless of who it is to. Anderson would rip him apart!!

Just like he was going to loose to Shogun and rampage right?

Its harder to see why people wouldn't like him than why they would be on his balls. Hes a cool guy, very humble and wears his heart on his sleeve when he comes out to fight. Anderson would rip most guys apart at the end of the day. Its not very fair to put Forrest down becouse you think he would get beat by the number 1 p4p fighter in the world.
Nightmare27
7/19/08 4:05:23PM
Its not that I dont respect him as a fighter, I dont know what it is that I just cant stand about this guy. Maybe I am just tired of hearing about the "meteoric rise of the ultra popular, ultimate fighter, Forrest Griffin" , maybe its because he's a cop. To be honest its probably both, not to mention I didnt even think that he won the fight with Rampage. I dont know, I guess I just thought that it would be funny to see the Forrest supporters come out in groves when i said something about him. Anyways you guys take it easy I am going to be busy watching all of the MMA a guy could handle. Oh yeah this goes back a ways but Stephen Bonnar should have been one of the first TUF winners.
Naturaldisaster
7/19/08 5:31:15PM

Posted by Nightmare27

Anderson wont rip him apart because hes not stayin at 205, but I think its dumb as hell to say he'll lose his 1st title defense no matter who it is.
jakeiceman
7/19/08 5:45:52PM

Posted by Nightmare27

Its not that I dont respect him as a fighter, I dont know what it is that I just cant stand about this guy. Maybe I am just tired of hearing about the "meteoric rise of the ultra popular, ultimate fighter, Forrest Griffin" , maybe its because he's a cop. To be honest its probably both, not to mention I didnt even think that he won the fight with Rampage. I dont know, I guess I just thought that it would be funny to see the Forrest supporters come out in groves when i said something about him. Anyways you guys take it easy I am going to be busy watching all of the MMA a guy could handle. Oh yeah this goes back a ways but Stephen Bonnar should have been one of the first TUF winners.

Wow....you dont like to hear about an average guy working his way to the top and becoming a world champion? I bet you hate watching Rocky too. Anyway sorry to bust your bubble but he whooped Jackson's ass albiet he only won a decision, he layed a beating on him. And who cares if you thought Bonnar won the first TUF, Bonnar got the same opportunity that Forrest did and has not been able to do anything with it. Forrest is a great guy and will be a great champion.....get over it.
zephead
7/19/08 6:23:19PM

Posted by Nightmare27

You hate him because he's a cop?????? My wife is a cop. When they have a party they are the coolest people you could ever meet. The most thankless job there is.
lordicast
7/19/08 6:32:57PM
Forrest only beat rampage because he is good friends with the HYPNOTOAD!

Hail Hypnotoad
jgtribbett
7/19/08 6:49:24PM
thats pretty funny
gabe531
7/20/08 11:02:58AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Nightmare27

ok, its almost a month later, and yet there are people that are still doggin on Forrest. I dont understand. He did the unthinkable TWICE, and most still think its either a fluke, or a shame that hes the champ. why? I just want to know why u guys hate him so much, or if not hate him, hate that hes champ? The ones that were always with Forrest. The ones that Hate forrest but have respect for him the ones that have no respect or never liked him, keep ur comments to yourselves, cuz I dont think anyone wants to hear him at this point.

Im not sayin u gotta love Forrest, U dont gotta think he's the best ever( but he is ). Im just sayin show the dude some respect, He finished Shogun, and Beat Rampage, does that not deserve respect?

I Hate BJ, but I still have the utmost respect for him being a champ and an awesome fighter.

all im sayin is, comon guys grow up.

i agree man. i dont think forrest would beat anderson silva or wand or machida or chuck for that matter but you cant doubt the guy. doubt him once (shogun) shame on him doubt him twice (rampage) shame on you. this interview shows forrest being forrest. hes a comic as a champ. maybe that attitude makes people mad and dont like it but why would that be a bad thing. he takes almost everything with a grain of salt. he is a classy guy that usually is fun to watch fight and lets it hang out. if all the guys who had as much or more talent would fight like him then there would be alot better fights
LoSt
7/20/08 4:51:45PM
forrest is a cool dude I have to give him props as much as I like rampage