Forrest Griffin to face Anderson Silva @ 205

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest Griffin to face Anderson Silva @ 205
brooklynbadass
4/28/09 1:58:43PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship will apparently scrap a UFC 101 bout between former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin (16-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) and top contender Thiago Silva (13-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) in favor of a Griffin vs. Anderson Silva (24-4 MMA, 9-0 UFC) match-up.

Sources close to the organization today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) a meeting was held last week to discuss the Anderson Silva vs. Griffin bout and that verbal agreements may now be in place.

Anderson Silva, fresh off a heavily criticized title defense over Thales Leites at UFC 97, will now move up a weight class for the non-title fight with Griffin.

Although not officially announced by the organization, UFC 101 takes place Aug. 8, most likely at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. The event also features a UFC lightweight title fight between title-holder B.J. Penn and top contender Kenny Florian.

LINK
tdietel01
4/28/09 2:03:50PM
I dont see griffin winning and it sucks. Im sure it will be a good fight but I dont want to see griffin lose again.
Bowen50
4/28/09 2:10:21PM
i'm most likely making the trek down to Philly for this event. this card just got amazing. i'm really pulling for Forrest in this fight but i'm being realistic, he probably won't win but if he does i am going to go insane.
DCRage
4/28/09 2:23:31PM
Already posted

Closed.