Forrest Griffin discusses upcoming bout with Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest Griffin discusses upcoming bout with Anderson Silva
BrutalKnockOut
5/15/09 3:19:29PM
Forrest Griffin discusses the motivation for his bout with Anderson Silva, how it came to be, and more.

Griffin sits down with ESPN Radio and gives a hilarious interview as always, discussing what lead to his UFC 101 opponent switch.
MondayNiteMauser
5/15/09 5:25:59PM
I would not be suprised at all to see Griffin take this one. In a three round fight he can out point the spider.
dmfp
5/15/09 6:03:41PM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

I would not be suprised at all to see Griffin take this one. In a three round fight he can out point the spider.

No with Andersons elusive stile like Mashidas he really cant get to him.
wrona666
5/15/09 6:47:20PM

LOL.....that's just hillarious.....The only reason the UFC is even putting this fight on is too make Anderson look good again since he has looked very lackluster in his last two fights.....They want to give him someone who will push the pace and get KTFO.........
xAcidburNx
5/15/09 8:37:53PM
remember. everyone said this about the shogun fight. and rampage. all thought neither of those guys looked to be at there best the point stands. i personally think the same that if he does what the ufc wants him to do and go in there like the forrest griffin we were raised to know. but its not a fight that i will just give away to one side so easily
The_Italian_Stallion
5/15/09 8:47:04PM
I don't know how this Anderson bandwagon got out of control especially with his last two abysmal performances...

If Forrest can go out and utilize the leg kick effectively he has a MAJOR chance of winning... I mean If Anderson can't knock out Thales Leites than how on earth is he going to knock out Forrest... I know Forrest's chin has been questionable at best but better than Leites? I think not...

Don't be dumb people, you should never EVER write off anyone in an MMA fight!
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
5/15/09 8:49:52PM
well Im going for Forrest so...
tallica62
5/15/09 9:15:26PM

i totally agree..im puttin all my money on griffin..hes scrappy and i think has what it takes to avoid gettin ko'd/submitted and gettin more points
Manfred
5/16/09 1:44:11AM
LOL at Forrest saying it was a clerical error and he was never supposed to fight Thiago.
Manfred
5/16/09 1:47:39AM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion
mean If Anderson can't knock out Thales Leites than how on earth is he going to knock out Forrest...

Come on, like he has to worry about the ground with Forrest. As boring as it might have been, the Thales fight strategy was to be cautious on the feet because of his jits.
bsh162007
5/16/09 11:18:37AM
If you dont think forrest isnt gonnna come in there with a smart game plan then your nuts im definitely not counting forrest out on this one just like i didnt against rampage or shogun... he will be ready with a gameplan that he will execute to exploit silva weaknesses. look for this fight to be on the ground a lot if he can take dan hendersons first round against a silva and turn it into 3 rds against him and with his size advantage he can do that i think forrest is gonnna take it home
CrackerFace85
5/16/09 1:07:16PM
PUSH A FIGHT

forrest hasnt pushed a fight since TITO, his style is alot like Machida's now. hes calm and picks his shots. IM not sayin he wont engage from time to time to get the ball rollin. BUT this is going to be a great fight and a way harder one than YOU think for Silva.
\
/
/
Forrest split Dec.