Forrest Griffin Apologetic After Stealing Tito Ortiz’s Moment (UFC 148 Post Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest Griffin Apologetic After Stealing Tito Ortiz’s Moment (UFC 148 Post Video)
kopower
7/8/12 1:04:20PM
LAS VEGAS — Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz finished their trilogy of fights on Saturday night at UFC 148, Griffin coming out on top two fights to one. Not only was it the end of their trilogy, the fight also marked then end of Ortiz’s career.

Interrupting Ortiz’s moment with UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan after the fight, Griffin was apologetic at the UFC 148 post-fight press conference, disappointed not only in his fight performance, but also his post-fight actions.

Check out Forrest Griffin’s UFC 148 post-fight press conference remarks and apology to Tito… Link
Svartorm
7/8/12 1:22:05PM
Griffin should honestly just leave after every fight. When he wins, he opens his mouth and makes himself and the sport look bad. When he losses, he does the same thing but with more tears.

What he did to Ortiz is really inexcusable because he can never get that moment back. It was his time for Rogan to give him a great send-off like he's done for Couture and was willing to do for Hughes and Le. Instead we got to hear Griffin make a joke segment out of Ortiz last fight.

I'm hoping when it's time for Griffin to call it quits, someone runs in and hits him in the face with a fucking pie.
Budgellism
7/8/12 1:28:06PM
It was a really stupid and douchey thing to do imo. I don't like Tito in the slightest and I'm glad he's retiring but he deserved a proper send off and was robbed of one by an overgrown child...
BuffaloDave
7/8/12 1:31:42PM

Posted by Budgellism

It was a really stupid and douchey thing to do imo. I don't like Tito in the slightest and I'm glad he's retiring but he deserved a proper send off and was robbed of one by an overgrown child...

I wish when Forrest walked out, he just kept going for good!!

Rogan should have slapped on a RNC when he grabbed the mic from him, show off his Black Belt skills.
Dberntson
7/8/12 1:52:31PM
He's losing his mind. I have a feeling Forest's story may end sadly.
meier
7/8/12 2:08:55PM
He's not right in the head. He needs prayer
ncordless
7/8/12 2:10:51PM
It is amazing to me that Forrest Griffin was once the UFC LHW champ and a fan favorite.
george112
7/8/12 2:36:12PM
I would not be able to forgive forrest if I were Tito

That was his last moment. Last.
Can't do it over. Forrest ruined it. When Tito looks back and thinks of his last fight he'll remember forrest acting like a sore loser and giving him a mocking post fight interview

I despise what he did to the guy
meier
7/8/12 4:10:06PM
Arona vs griffin
lll-lll
7/8/12 5:45:32PM
?????? Big deal Tito is a joke anyhow. It just kept him from making excuses and complaining about the judges like he did at the post fight press conference. Forrest apologized, and he didnt do it purposely. Im not a Forrest fan, and he was wrong in what he did, but I think people are being harsh. The real story IMO is Titos attitude at the post fight press conference. Complaining about Forrest stealing his moment, complaining about the judges, and trying everything to keep a job with the UFC by talking himself up. He claimed he was humbled and different. I saw no difference in him last night from any other time than the fact that he lost. He is still the same guy who would destroy the UFC and every fighter in its career to make a name for himself. Im suprised he didnt blurt out that he had a cracked skull again.

BTW props for Dana. He took the high road, but didnt seem like he wanted anything to do with Tito working for the UFC. I know when Chuck retired he said he will always have a place there. He made no such claims last night, only saying "We will see."
gartface
7/8/12 6:36:16PM

Posted by ncordless

It is amazing to me that Forrest Griffin was once the UFC LHW champ and a fan favorite.

Was thinking the same last night.
Hendo67
7/8/12 8:38:56PM
Never really like Forrest... I find him to be a complete fool most of the time. He's always trying to grab attention and be the "funny guy" all the time.
prozacnation1978
7/8/12 11:42:15PM
Ufc golden boy is very unsportmanlike a lot
Against silva. Crying like a baby when he lost too jardine. And now this.

Sad thing is if Tito knocks you down twice. What is anyone else gonna do to you.

Who is he gonna face next ?? Gustlffasson?? Machida vs bader loser??

I say have him face page. Page leaves Ufc and griffin retires
Pookie
7/9/12 12:08:10AM
"I got a lot of fights left in me... just as long as it's not Jon Jones" - Forrest

"He's fighting Cody Mckenzie next." - Dana
Adrenaline
7/9/12 6:16:38AM
Forrest done Kanye'd Rogan and Ortiz.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
aussiemma
7/9/12 6:52:14AM
griffin should retire too, that was a horrible display on the feet. felt like i was watching an mma fight from the late 90's.
wether he apologised or not it's too late and he took that moment away from tito. Don't feel sorry for tito after hearing him bitch and moan at the post fight presser, wonder if he can hear the crap that he says.
jjeans
7/9/12 8:39:14AM
I thought it was all hilarious
Boo_Radley21
7/9/12 9:41:05AM
Anyone have a link to what forrest said? I was working during the fight only caught a few looks from the kitchen
Chieftan1997
7/9/12 10:14:33AM
I agree with most it was a stupid, classless move by Forrest. I was thinking at the time that Tito should of popped him in the mouth for being such a d-bag. Really it was a sad fight both fighters looked terrible, I can only hope they give Forrest one last fight so he can get destroyed and given his walking papers!!!
Boo_Radley21
7/12/12 3:22:19PM

Posted by Chieftan1997

I agree with most it was a stupid, classless move by Forrest. I was thinking at the time that Tito should of popped him in the mouth for being such a d-bag. Really it was a sad fight both fighters looked terrible, I can only hope they give Forrest one last fight so he can get destroyed and given his walking papers!!!

Where's paul daley when you need him?