Who will Forrest fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who will Forrest fight next?
Next Page »
pinoymixplaya
7/6/08 10:15:23AM
Will Rampage get the rematch he wants? Will Machida get the credit he deserves being next in line? Who do you think?

Lyoto gets my pick, so it would be to me that we will have a new LHW champ if that happens...but I don't think the UFC would like that fight to happen, especially to poster boy Forrest.
owen1
7/6/08 10:30:08AM
I think Rampage more than deserves a rematch.Most places ive checked had Rampage winning and it was fight of the night so why not do it again.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/6/08 10:36:20AM
Beat me to the post.
I'm thinking it's an obvious mess and arguments could be made for several guys.

I think Wandy is up there but of course he lost to Chuck.
Is Chuck up there, I kinda hope not, not yet anyway, He lost to Jardine and well Jardine got smoked by Wandy.
Shogun=NO
Jackson a rematch=yes but not yet. He has to beat shogun or Wandy maybe Keith.

So yeah I'd go with Machida for now too, well the above mentioned guys continue to beat the hell out of one another Machida is coasting.
I know Machida hasn't fought any of these guys but he hasn't lost to anyone either.
Omega
7/6/08 10:48:07AM
1. Jardine.....revenge the KO
2. Machida...he is undefeated.
3. Winner of the Rashad/Liddell fight.
4. Winner of the Sylva/Irvine fight (Why not?)
juanez13
7/6/08 10:56:29AM
I think if Chuck beats Rashad, he'll get the next shot, if chuck looses Rampage will get a rematch, or Machida will get his shot.
holt8081
7/6/08 11:00:02AM

Posted by Omega

why Should A. sylva get a shot already he needs to work his way up first this is a new class and he has to start at the bottom IMO
AchillesHeel
7/6/08 11:17:17AM
My LHW Contenders list (not the same as a LHW ranking):

1. Lyoto Machida
2. winner of Chuck Liddell-Rashad Evans
3. winner of Wanderlei Silva-Thiago Silva, if that fight happens

Rampage doesn't deserve a title shot just because this was a close fight. He needs to win 2 or 3 fights, just like everybody else. He's a year away from another title fight. Same with Shogun. In fact, if everything goes right, a Rampage-Shogun rematch next Spring for "#1 Contender" would be epic (I think each of them should get 1 or 2 warmup fights to build the rematch).

Anderson doesn't deserve a title shot just by beating Irvin. If Irvin wins... I'll eat my hat. Sorry, James.
prozacnation1978
7/6/08 11:44:52AM
i think machida but if lidell can finish off evans then i see them fighting
IriShame
7/6/08 12:13:41PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

My LHW Contenders list (not the same as a LHW ranking):

1. Lyoto Machida
2. winner of Chuck Liddell-Rashad Evans
3. winner of Wanderlei Silva-Thiago Silva, if that fight happens

Rampage doesn't deserve a title shot just because this was a close fight. He needs to win 2 or 3 fights, just like everybody else. He's a year away from another title fight. Same with Shogun. In fact, if everything goes right, a Rampage-Shogun rematch next Spring for "#1 Contender" would be epic (I think each of them should get 1 or 2 warmup fights to build the rematch).

Anderson doesn't deserve a title shot just by beating Irvin. If Irvin wins... I'll eat my hat. Sorry, James.

I completely agree. Although I think if Chuck wins against Rashad the UFC will give him the fight over Lyoto based purely on PPV sales for that main event. Is it right? No, but just because it isn't right doesn't make it any less true.
JimiMak
7/6/08 12:21:57PM
I've thought for a while it should be Machida, and it might have been if Page had won, but now I think Dana gets his chance to put Chuck back in the mix.
Twenty20Dollars
7/6/08 12:26:43PM
if chucky beat rashad he will most likely get the next shot, because machida's last preformance wasnt that good, so he is going to have to have another fight(maybe against jardine)

then rampage and shogun are going to have to get a couple of fights to work back into contention.
NatedawgThaM
7/6/08 12:26:57PM
1. Rampage
2. Machida
3. Liddell
4. Wandy

That's the order Forrest should be defending in IMHO. A lot of people thought Rampage won that fight and it's not like it's like a nail against a chalk board watching them fight. It was an exciting back and forth fight. Rampage deserves an immediate rematch IMO since Machida hasn't beaten any top contenders to earn a title shot in the UFC, people just go off his past wins outside the UFC on Franklin, Bonnar, and Penn. And Liddell-Wandy only have won win over a series of losses so they each need another win.

RNC
7/6/08 12:53:59PM
Liddell really doesn't make sense.

He loses to rampage, who just got beat by forrest.

Now Liddell, 2 fights later, gets a shot at Forrest who beat Rampage, the man who beat him twice?

Not logical.

If Dana doesn't want to give Lyoto the title shot off the bat then Liddell vs Lyoto for the next shot.
tylerlee123
7/6/08 12:56:57PM
Machida for Sure
cmill21
7/6/08 1:05:04PM
If Chuck wins it will be Chuck vs Forrest for the title. Rampage will have to fight Wand or Shogun to get back to it. Machida will probably get a "tune" up match against someone like Houston.
loonytnt
7/6/08 1:09:11PM
its the ufc, you really dont know who he will fight, dana may put shogun lol
Figsak
7/6/08 1:14:24PM
Definately wont be Machida.

Last thing Dana wants is his TV star "precious" being the guy that has to defend his belt vs the dangerous Machida. He'll wait 2-3 title defenses before he gives in, hoping Machida falls off.
randompunter
7/6/08 1:19:34PM
It should be rampage but ill be amazed if its not chuck after he kos Evans.
MALICE
7/6/08 1:21:13PM
I just dont agree with an immediate rematches. When a fighter loses, I think they should work their way back up again. Not necessarily from the bottom but at least against the #1 or #2 contender.

Machida makes the most sense to me. Undefeated, just beat Ortiz (still a former champ no matter how he has done lately)

Wanderlei needs another fight or two. Maybe Shogun. Throw Hamill in there who knows?

The winner of Chuck / Rashad should face Rampage and the winner of that fight gets a title shot after Machida.
DiabloFreak56
7/6/08 2:01:43PM

Posted by Omega

excuse me but how do you get Silva wrong. hes one of the most well known fighters and you spell it wrong.

and NO winner of that would never get a title shot. haha
loller90278
7/6/08 3:40:51PM
i think forrest will lose to any of the fighters aforementioned in this thread. (maybe not james irvin or rashad)

1. chuck liddel - he seems refocused and wants to KO fools again like back in the day
2. Machida - it'd be hard to figure a gameplan against him
3. wanderlei - he'll put too much pressure on forrest, although i dont know if dana would set this up cuz they're training partners
4. shogun - i'll take a healthy shogun over forrest any day
5. anderson silva - on another level in terms of skill set

but i hope forrest proves me wrong and can beat more top guys, securing himself in the UFC HOF.

Purge
7/6/08 3:41:04PM
Probably Machida, I think Forrest is the perfect guy to take Machida out.
NinjaCyborg
7/6/08 3:56:51PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

1. Rampage
2. Machida
3. Liddell
4. Wandy

That's the order Forrest should be defending in IMHO. A lot of people thought Rampage won that fight and it's not like it's like a nail against a chalk board watching them fight. It was an exciting back and forth fight. Rampage deserves an immediate rematch IMO since Machida hasn't beaten any top contenders to earn a title shot in the UFC, people just go off his past wins outside the UFC on Franklin, Bonnar, and Penn. And Liddell-Wandy only have won win over a series of losses so they each need another win.

I don't agree with any ex-champion getting a rematch immediately after he loses. I don't care how close the fight was, Forrest is now the champ, and Rampage should wait 1 - 2 fights.
I want to see Forrest defend against either Lyoto Machida or Wanderlei Silva
Naturaldisaster
7/6/08 4:02:13PM
I think it will be machida. he deserves it. but forrest will beat him
EON
7/6/08 4:36:53PM
Machida, the next champ

If they give the shot to Liddell I will be pissed
pharside
7/6/08 4:37:22PM
Machida vs Rampage would be my guess to pick a #1 and let Forrest get an easy win, maybe a set up for the holiday's you know some type of block on the new years fights in Japan.
ncordless
7/6/08 4:52:02PM
When a champ loses this close of a fight... a rematch is in order. Especially with no other fighter really deserving it at this time. For me, beating Tito Ortiz doesn't put you in line for a title shot. Machida needs a win against a contender before he is a contender.

Naturaldisaster
7/6/08 5:03:18PM

Posted by ncordless

When a champ loses this close of a fight... a rematch is in order.

I dont agree. If anyone should get a rematch it should be hendo. He lost his belt in the fight with rampage (alot of people tend to not realize that). rampage vs. hendo was a very close fight that could have gone either way, but hendo didnt get a rematch. so why should rampage?
JimiMak
7/6/08 5:49:08PM

Posted by ncordless

When a champ loses this close of a fight... a rematch is in order. Especially with no other fighter really deserving it at this time. For me, beating Tito Ortiz doesn't put you in line for a title shot. Machida needs a win against a contender before he is a contender.

Funny you say that, the trouble w/ finding a #1 is that there are SO MANY deserving. It's not like MW where you go "well he doesn't deserve it, but we have to give it to soemone"... There's at least five ppl deserving a shot. Theyre all fight ing to see who is the one... But you can't say noone deserves it. There's five guys who deserve it. Since they can't all be #1 they have to have matches. There is always a #1 for this belt, you can't say noone deserves the shot.

Machida desreves it more than anyone, but any of the five I can't argue w/ getting the shot. To me the big q is how soon can Forrest defend.
cheesy-maggot
7/6/08 6:15:29PM
I am pretty sure Chuck will get the title shot after he beats up on Rashad. Eventhough i wouldn't want that to happen, i know the ufc would like to have Chuck with the title again before hes done.
Pages: [1] 2